The Get To Know Ya Pass

Started by Silverstix, 04/01/2019 08:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ntanner

QuoteSilverstix - 4/30/2019  1:30 PM

Quotentanner - 4/30/2019  12:34 PM  
QuoteSilverstix - 4/30/2019  9:57 AM  

Quotentanner - 4/24/2019  6:30 PM  "All good in the hood brotha, not the end of the world it's just cigars  "  What are you saying Tom? Just cigars?   :-0   My God Man, this is Cigar Geeks, it's never  "Just Cigars". :nono:   We even have reviews posted for all 11 cigars in the Swisher line. Round these parts every cigar is important and special and you would do well to remember that.

I've been so taken aback by this, feeling such shame, that I haven't had the courage to respond.  Please forgive me, I have sinned   :bow:  :bow:  :bow:

:biggrin:  Good, now as your penance you got to smoke 3 Gurkas and 1 Pineapple white owl. :barf:  :lmao:

If that's my penance, I'll take a chance with the guy downstairs!!!  :smoker2:  

:lmao:
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Adwinistrator

Alright, finally got some time and am getting around to shipping this pass along, sorry again for all the delays.

Brian sent the box well packaged, and included a great t-shirt and stickers for his podcast.  I'm now subscribed and will be listening!  Thanks Brian!

My takes are on top, puts on bottom.  Let me know if this looks good to y'all.

https://i.imgur.com/mpiBPtI.png">

I'll plan on shipping this out unless there are any objections.  

Ed (arrow34), this is coming your way next.

PS: Something special in there for you, Tom

ninfiction

Wow, nicely done Brian!
This is not the admin you're looking for...

Silverstix

Brian - very cool stuff you put in there!

Ryan - looks great to me, and very generous of you to put something there for me! Thank you very much, totally unnecessary!!

Can't wait to see everything that you guys share

Adwinistrator

I put the first tracking code in the system, then noticed I entered the address wrong, I put Rochester instead of Rochester Hills...  Voided and paid new postage, not it wasn't me that messed up, USPS cuts off the Hills in the city for some reason...

New tracking number is:    9405809699939929396929

Cfickter

Nice P&Ts Ryan,
Was wondering about your comment (round) on the Cranium.  It doesn't come in any other shape that I am aware of? The only 2 box press Romas that I have seen are the Blockhead and Goodness.
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Adwinistrator

QuoteCfickter - 5/2/2019  8:40 AM

Nice P&Ts Ryan,
Was wondering about your comment (round) on the Cranium.  It doesn't come in any other shape that I am aware of? The only 2 box press Romas that I have seen are the Blockhead and Goodness.

Not sure about that either, that's the way it is in the DB, so I figured the "non-round" one was some sort of box press...

I know they make a lot of slightly different German releases, so who knows.

arrow34

Nice! Looking forward to getting the package. You put in one cigar I was going to (he Miami), well will rethink that one. ;) Thanks for getting it out.  Question on pic posting. My cell pics are usually too big. How do you guys get the size low enough to post or do you host on another site?

Adwinistrator

Quotearrow34 - 5/2/2019  10:18 AM

Nice! Looking forward to getting the package. You put in one cigar I was going to (he Miami), well will rethink that one. ;) Thanks for getting it out.  Question on pic posting. My cell pics are usually too big. How do you guys get the size low enough to post or do you host on another site?

It's a good cigar, I need to stop giving them away :D

You can add size tags to the html for the image.

Deener27

Quotearrow34 - 5/2/2019  9:18 AM

Here is a good geeks article on this: http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=articles;sa=view;article=43

Also, I just load them into paint or photo editor, resize them and post.

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"You may run like Mays, but you hit like !@#$." ~Lou Brown in Major League

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

shakinghorizons

I upload images to https://imgbb.com/ and post the link

Adwinistrator

Aaaaaaand sent!

Cfickter

QuoteAdwinistrator - 5/2/2019  9:39 AM  
QuoteCfickter - 5/2/2019  8:40 AM  Nice P&Ts Ryan, Was wondering about your comment (round) on the Cranium.  It doesn't come in any other shape that I am aware of? The only 2 box press Romas that I have seen are the Blockhead and Goodness.
Not sure about that either, that's the way it is in the DB, so I figured the "non-round" one was some sort of box press...  I know they make a lot of slightly different German releases, so who knows.

Gotcha, the German releases "Wonderlust" are all round also, but I guess who ever entered it in the DB included it for some reason?

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

arrow34

Ready and waiting! Thx Ryan.

arrow34

Hi all, just got the package yesterday. Great packing job Ryan!  Thanks for the swag. I will take pics and post tonight. Should have it out tomorrow and latest Tuesday.

arrow34

Ryan,

Really cool Subaru Swag, going to make my nephews really happy!  It is really cool that your family and yourself are loyal Subaru driver for the past 20 years!  I myself drive the sister to the Subaru BRZ, the FRS.  I never tried your ride, the Legacy GT Spec B and from what I was able to see, looks like a forgotten gem. Thanks!

Here are my Puts(top), takes(bottom) - ok?

Puts -

1. Partagas Serie D No. 4 (Cuban)

2. Foundation The Tabernacle Double Corona

3. A. Flores Edicion Limitada AFR-75 San Andres Maduro Inmenso 

4. Alec Bradley Mundial #5

5. Montecristo Pepe Mendez Pilotico - Not pictured, late addition 

6- Free pic to anyone that wants to try it and send me a personal review - AFR-75 Maduro(lighter) Sublime

Takes -

1. Arturo Fuente Anejo Reserva No. 77 "Shark"

2. Viaje Juntos Torpedo 

3. Illusione Haut 10 

4. Viaje Scotch Bonnet 

Silverstix

Hey Ed,  May want to take a look at those puts and takes and make sure they are matching up stick for stick in value.  We typically use Famous/CI box pricing.  Also try to match the hard to find status of certain cigars (Shark and Scotch Bonnet) with equally hard to find cigars

arrow34

QuoteSilverstix - 5/6/2019  7:42 AM  Hey Ed,  May want to take a look at those puts and takes and make sure they are matching up stick for stick in value.  We typically use Famous/CI box pricing.  Also try to match the hard to find status of certain cigars (Shark and Scotch Bonnet) with equally hard to find cigars

Thanks for the suggestion, I wasn't sure! I will redo.

05Venturer

Quotearrow34 - 5/6/2019  8:20 AM

QuoteSilverstix - 5/6/2019  7:42 AM  Hey Ed,  May want to take a look at those puts and takes and make sure they are matching up stick for stick in value.  We typically use Famous/CI box pricing.  Also try to match the hard to find status of certain cigars (Shark and Scotch Bonnet) with equally hard to find cigars

Thanks for the suggestion, I wasn't sure! I will redo.

Just a friendly suggestion, If your not sure always notify the moderator to get approval.  :thumbsup:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

arrow34

Good thing I did ask!  I also was using my, I love these sticks value meter a bit to much.  Good to know that Famous and CI are used as a rule of thumb.

New pics

A. Flores AFR-75 San Andres Maduro Inmenso 

H.Upmann Magnum 50 (c)

Partagas Serie D no 4.  (c)

Plus the Monte Pepe Mendez Politico toro 

Illusione Haut 10

Viaje Juntos Torpedo

Scotch Bonnet

I am going to attempt to get this in the mail today, will update the pass info with tracking and cigars. 

Silverstix

glad you asked too, thanks for doing so  :thumbsup:  :rocker:

Silverstix

Ryan - sweet Subaru swag there

arrow34

Agreed, sweet swag!  Cant wait to use the dart :)  Nephews will love the cars.    Box shipped. USPS 9505506600019126049828  Heads up Kent

Adwinistrator

Glad you enjoyed it, Ed!  I was worried I was sending all this stuff to some Mopar maniac who would be insulted ;).

I normally have even more goodies to give away, but was running low.  Anywho, for anyone who's bifocals aren't good enough, what I wrote on the business card holders is, let me know if y'all want some swag, or if you're in the market for a new Subaru, I have $500 off coupons to give away.

arrow34

QuoteAdwinistrator - 5/7/2019  2:12 PM  Glad you enjoyed it, Ed!  I was worried I was sending all this stuff to some Mopar maniac who would be insulted ;).  I normally have even more goodies to give away, but was running low.  Anywho, for anyone who's bifocals aren't good enough, what I wrote on the business card holders is, let me know if y'all want some swag, or if you're in the market for a new Subaru, I have $500 off coupons to give away.

LOL - yeah no mopar here.  Really like Subaru, Scion, Toyota.  The handling on my frs is awesome.  Either way, I totally forgot to post that about the $500 off coupons!  Sorry about that.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.