Hot Ash 10th Anniversary cigar are 100% Cuban born

Started by scotti21, 05/22/2010 09:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcdimond

QuoteJackal - 5/22/2010  1:01 PM

I don't think that we are being to harsh.  Putting all of your own cigars up with 5 star reviews one after another with identical verbiage is, in my opinion, disingenuous.  

Asking for us to rate them would have been the right way to go.  I have no problem with vendors and manufacturers.  I am actually very happy when they visit our site, as their insight is often quite interesting and valuable.  I am not, however, happy about a slew of two sets of identical five star reviews that read like someone's advertising copy.

I'm inclined to agree with Jason about the reviews. I can find marketing BS easily. The database of reviews is the most valuable asset CG offers, and and these "reviews" impair it.

I'm willing to give this guy the benefit of the doubt and assume he didn't realize how we work, but I would like those 5-star reviews removed and replaced with legitimate user reviews.
Michael

Fun Fact:
Groucho Marx suffered from insomnia, which he claimed was due to a financial loss in the stock market. When he suffered from insomnia, he used to call people up in the middle of the night and insult them. In the 1950s Groucho was invited to take a tour of the New York Stock Exchange. While in the observation booth, he grabbed the public address system handset and began singing "Lydia the Tattooed Lady". Upon hearing silence coming from the trading floor, he walked into view, was given a loud cheer by the traders, and shouted, "Gentlemen, in 1929 I lost eight hundred thousand dollars on this floor, and I intend to get my money's worth!" For fifteen minutes, he sang, danced, told jokes, and all this time, the Wall Street stock ticker was running blank.

scotti21

I'm sorry i stept away Im watching the Flyers Im a big hockey fan and a very serioius cigar Aficiando.. I think all my cigars kick ash that why I put my logo on my original blend in 1995 they are made with Nicaraguan long fillers are wrapped with a golden brown Nicaraguan wrapper leaf that makes them medium-bodied cigar very rich in flavor and a marvel to all your senses. Please feel free to order 1 or 100 shipping is on me.

Dave S.

Quoteljlemer - 5/22/2010  12:45 PM

. . . He underestimated our seriousness as a group of sophisticated smokers . . . .
[/QUOTE]

Serious . . . sophisticated . . . ?

I thought this was the Cigar Geeks website.

"There are not enough Indians in the world to defeat the Seventh Cavalry."

George Armstrong Custer

scotti21

Hi Im John Scotti, Larry invited me. I live down near Atlantic City NJ, I opened the House of tobacco in 1995. Incorporated HOT Inc in 96  and trade marked the HotAsh Logo and HotAshGirls in 97. You can become a fan on my face book site The house of Tobacco and see some of our events with some of our HotAshGirls.

mcdimond

Quotescotti21 - 5/22/2010  1:22 PM

Hi Im John Scotti, Larry invited me. I live down near Atlantic City NJ, I opened the House of tobacco in 1995. Incorporated HOT Inc in 96  and trade marked the HotAsh Logo and HotAshGirls in 97. You can become a fan on my face book site The house of Tobacco and see some of our events with some of our HotAshGirls.

Hi John, welcome to CG!
Michael

Fun Fact:
Groucho Marx suffered from insomnia, which he claimed was due to a financial loss in the stock market. When he suffered from insomnia, he used to call people up in the middle of the night and insult them. In the 1950s Groucho was invited to take a tour of the New York Stock Exchange. While in the observation booth, he grabbed the public address system handset and began singing "Lydia the Tattooed Lady". Upon hearing silence coming from the trading floor, he walked into view, was given a loud cheer by the traders, and shouted, "Gentlemen, in 1929 I lost eight hundred thousand dollars on this floor, and I intend to get my money's worth!" For fifteen minutes, he sang, danced, told jokes, and all this time, the Wall Street stock ticker was running blank.

Dave S.

Quotescotti21 - 5/22/2010  1:16 PM

. . . I'm . . . a very serioius cigar Aficiando . . . I think all my cigars kick ash . . . they are . . . very rich in flavor and a marvel to all your senses. Please feel free to order 1 or 100 shipping is on me.

This seems a bit much.

George Armstrong Custer

scotti21

If you ever smoked a good cuban cigar and you smoke one of my 10th anniversary cigars you will then know what I mean by 100% cuban born. again shipping is free to anywhere in the usa on all HotAsh cigars. Flyers 1-0 Eh, as the Canadian would say

scotti21

Hi Michael, Thank you! I hope a few of you take me up on my offer in AC or my free shipping offer so I can get some of your sophiscated serious cigar geeks reviews! Lets Go Flyers

gitfiddl

What a day for Cordell to be occupied with his daughter's graduation!
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

gitfiddl

Quotescotti21 - 5/22/2010  4:40 PM

Hi Michael, Thank you! I hope a few of you take me up on my offer in AC or my free shipping offer so I can get some of your sophiscated serious cigar geeks reviews! Lets Go Flyers

John, Booby, I reckon I've smoked my share of legitimate ISOMs.  IMHO, it's more hype than anything.  Are you saying that your cigars are made with pre-embargo tobacco, tobacco grown from Cuban seed, or what?  Stop with the ambiguity.  

And furthermore, who are you calling sophistawhatever?  I'm sitting here barefoot, wearing a wifebeater and I haven't showered today!  I'm even drinking a Natty Light! But there is a DPG Cuban Classic in the ashtray... :biggrin:
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

Ken Kelley

Ya know, taking on the Geeks is sorta like getting a root canal done without anesthesia.  It can be done, but you probably won't survive the experience with all your senses intact.  I know I would hate to try.  :biggrin:
Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

gitfiddl

QuoteAlphairon - 5/22/2010  5:18 PM

Ya know, taking on the Geeks is sorta like getting a root canal done without anesthesia.  It can be done, but you probably won't survive the experience with all your senses intact.  I know I would hate to try.  :biggrin:
:dancing:  :dancing:  :dancing:  :biggrin:

scotti21

I was responding to Dave S  

But are you watching the Flyers smack around them Canuckys?

I cant let the seed out of the bag try 1 and then rate it yourself!

gitfiddl

Quotescotti21 - 5/22/2010  5:56 PM

I was responding to Dave S  

But are you watching the Flyers smack around them Canuckys?

I cant let the seed out of the bag try 1 and then rate it yourself!

Dude, I'm from the South.  Ice is something I scrape from my windshield two or three mornings a year and pour my tea over at dinner.  Skating involves decks and trucks...

Dave S.

Quotegitfiddl - 5/22/2010  1:58 PM

Wait 'til Bob gets back from partying with his hillbilly ex-in-laws and finds out that he's been accused of associating with "serious sophisticates" at Cigar Geeks.

It won't be pretty!!!

:mad:

George Armstrong Custer

Brlesq

Quoteljlemer - 5/22/2010  3:45 PM
QuoteBRLESQ - 5/22/2010  3:23 PM
Possible :spammer: Hope I am wrong!

He is not a spammer. I invited him and cigar makers are allowed to plug their products. I'll admit he got a little carried away. He underestimated our seriousness as a group of sophisticated smokers, that's all. Maybe what he gave us is all he's capable of, copying and pasting the same unoriginal message everywhere. Or he's lazy, busy, or in a big hurry.
[/QUOTE]

Larry - I said "possible spammer, and I hope I am wrong".  So now we know you invited him and he is not a spammer.  However, you and others openly invited him to donate 5-7 identical cigars for a Geeks Critiques, and he has continually refused by instead continuing to tell us all to buy one from his site, or come to Atlantic City.  Really?  I'm on the next flight!  I think its great to have cigar makers plug their products...that's how we can find out about new stuff.  This one just isn't passing the litmus test so far.

But he did finally introduce himself, and he does have a lot of BS, so if he stays around he'll fit in around here just fine... ;-)
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Brlesq

Welcome, John.  We have different forums and conversation threads on lots of topics.  There is a recnt one on the hockey games and the Flyers.  Feel free to browse around a bit and find out what we are all about. :-)
Bruce
Chief Enabler 

Brlesq

Quotegitfiddl - 5/22/2010  4:58 PM

What we should all be asking ourselves is WWBD? :lmao:
Bruce
Chief Enabler 

mcdimond

QuoteBRLESQ - 5/22/2010  4:13 PM

WWBD?
Why We Buy Dogrockets? :confused:
Michael

Fun Fact:

Ken Kelley

QuoteBRLESQ - 5/22/2010  7:13 PM

I reckon he might pitch a hissy which would make your average trailer trash neighborhood brawl look like a tea party.

gitfiddl

QuoteAlphairon - 5/22/2010  8:56 PM

I reckon he might pitch a hissy which would make your average trailer trash neighborhood brawl look like a tea party.

Watch it with the Tea Party talk... We don't want this thread to get political...

Ken Kelley

Quotegitfiddl - 5/22/2010  9:02 PM

QuoteAlphairon - 5/22/2010  8:56 PM

Watch it with the Tea Party talk... We don't want this thread to get political...

Small "t" type tea party only!  You know the one with the fancy cups and the strumpets.   :biggrin:

mcdimond

Tea Party, Schmea Party. I think Bob should run under the Beer Party.

I heard this on NPR  :shy:
"Remember the MTV campaign to get young people to the polls called "Rock the Vote"? Norris is the honorary chairman of a new NRA ad campaign called 'Trigger the Vote.' "

The Beer Party could sponsor a "Pull The Tab On The Vote" campaign.

Michael

Fun Fact:

nwb

QuoteJackal - 5/22/2010  4:01 PM

I don't think that we are being to harsh.  Putting all of your own cigars up with 5 star reviews one after another with identical verbiage is, in my opinion, disingenuous.  

Asking for us to rate them would have been the right way to go.  I have no problem with vendors and manufacturers.  I am actually very happy when they visit our site, as their insight is often quite interesting and valuable.  I am not, however, happy about a slew of two sets of identical five star reviews that read like someone's advertising copy.

Exactly!

nwb
Chief of Shaft

mcdimond

Quoteljlemer - 5/22/2010  8:59 AM
We also have something called Geeks Critiques. Cigarmakers donate 5-7 identical cigars and we review them. We have one such review for Cain F on the front page right now. Would you like us to review your cigars? You have to be almost as confident of your cigars as you were when you gave them all 5 stars!

What do you think, John?
Michael

Fun Fact:

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.