Hot Ash 10th Anniversary cigar are 100% Cuban born

Started by scotti21, 05/22/2010 09:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mountedshriner

Hey John!!

With all due respect to another Geek, rating your own cigars as all 5's is a crock of shyt!! It prostitutes the entire process is nothing but spam. You want to blow your own horn about your cigars, get a blog! Don't use this forum as your own personal promotion tool. Welcome to CG's but cut us a little slack here John and give us some credit for having a bit of sophistication!! :shooter:
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" -- Benjamin Franklin

podman28

A donation of 5 cigars is nothing to a cigar company. Anyone with any faith in their product would want it in the hands of the consumer to try. Reps are constantly handing out free sticks to promote their line at Burning Leaf and I had no problem getting cigar companies to donate cigars for Geek Reviews. Pete at Alacranes sent out a bunch on his own accord and has rewarded him handsomely. To me this is a bunch of self-promoting with no confidence in the product if he can't offer up a few for a unbiased review. Just my 2 cents.

BlackIrish

Quotepodman28 - 5/22/2010  10:15 PM

A donation of 5 cigars is nothing to a cigar company. Anyone with any faith in their product would want it in the hands of the consumer to try. Reps are constantly handing out free sticks to promote their line at Burning Leaf and I had no problem getting cigar companies to donate cigars for Geek Reviews. Pete at Alacranes sent out a bunch on his own accord and has rewarded him handsomely. To me this is a bunch of self-promoting with no confidence in the product if he can't offer up a few for a unbiased review. Just my 2 cents.

Make that four cents.
(__
  • ___{{{~[/B]

nwb

:word:
Chief of Shaft

mcdimond

Quotemountedshriner - 5/22/2010  7:07 PM

Hey John!!

With all due respect to another Geek, rating your own cigars as all 5's is a crock of shyt!! It prostitutes the entire process is nothing but spam. You want to blow your own horn about your cigars, get a blog! Don't use this forum as your own personal promotion tool. Welcome to CG's but cut us a little slack here John and give us some credit for having a bit of sophistication!! :shooter:

Hang on, guys. There are two things going on here.

1. John posted this particular thread in "Hot Deals" which I think is fine & dandy.
2. He posted 5-star reviews for his own cigars, which loses credibility for him.

I'd like to see him sponsor a Geek Critique and let's see just how good these cigars are.
Michael

Fun Fact:
Groucho Marx suffered from insomnia, which he claimed was due to a financial loss in the stock market. When he suffered from insomnia, he used to call people up in the middle of the night and insult them. In the 1950s Groucho was invited to take a tour of the New York Stock Exchange. While in the observation booth, he grabbed the public address system handset and began singing "Lydia the Tattooed Lady". Upon hearing silence coming from the trading floor, he walked into view, was given a loud cheer by the traders, and shouted, "Gentlemen, in 1929 I lost eight hundred thousand dollars on this floor, and I intend to get my money's worth!" For fifteen minutes, he sang, danced, told jokes, and all this time, the Wall Street stock ticker was running blank.

junglepete

I've not been contacted yet regarding any sponsorship for the Geek Critique. Man, I go out to work for the day and come back to a mess here. I don't feel good about those kind of reviews, I'm inclined to think Paul won't either, but I could be wrong. I have half a mind to yank them right now, but I'll wait a bit and try to reach Paul first.

Those are not reviews, they are a sales pitch! It all seems very inappropriate to me.

:mad:
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

mcdimond

Quotejunglepete - 5/22/2010  8:21 PM

I've not been contacted yet regarding any sponsorship for the Geek Critique. Man, I go out to work for the day and come back to a mess here. I don't feel good about those kind of reviews, I'm inclined to think Paul won't either, but I could be wrong. I have half a mind to yank them right now, but I'll wait a bit and try to reach Paul first.

:mad:

The reviews have no integrity and should come down, IMHO. But I would like to see these cigars reviewed in an objective way.
Michael

Fun Fact:
Groucho Marx suffered from insomnia, which he claimed was due to a financial loss in the stock market. When he suffered from insomnia, he used to call people up in the middle of the night and insult them. In the 1950s Groucho was invited to take a tour of the New York Stock Exchange. While in the observation booth, he grabbed the public address system handset and began singing "Lydia the Tattooed Lady". Upon hearing silence coming from the trading floor, he walked into view, was given a loud cheer by the traders, and shouted, "Gentlemen, in 1929 I lost eight hundred thousand dollars on this floor, and I intend to get my money's worth!" For fifteen minutes, he sang, danced, told jokes, and all this time, the Wall Street stock ticker was running blank.

junglepete

I am saving one of each of the duplicate reviews here. I may be overstepping my boundaries but I am yanking them now. I will apologize in advance if I am not doing the right thing to all those involved.

John, please send me PM if you would like us to review your cigars in our Geek Critique forum.

The Original Hot Ash Blend comes from Nicaragua. The story of Nicaraguan cigars is a dramatic one, spiked with crises but crowned by the achievements and endurance of its people. Today some of the best cigars in the world are coming from Nicaraguan fields like The Hot Ash Originals are 100% choice Nicaraguan long filler tobacco. It  is surprisingly full-bodied, with a crack of pepper transitioning to woody essences.

The Hot Ash 10th Anniversary cigar are 100% Cuban born and are made with hand selected tobacco leaves. They are hand-rolled in small batches with special attention to every details. The filler has the most veins, which in turn brings a more pleasant taste to the cigar. For the wrapper, we only use the outer portions of the leaves with the least amount of veins, this gives the cigar the  finest texture and elasticity to compound the aroma desired by cigar afficanodos. Each cigar goes through a labor intensive seven-part process. After experiencing them you will also agree that it was well worth the efforts.

Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

akira

Thanks Pete, I think you handled it appropriately.
"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed - Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, 'It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver.'" -Jack Handy

scotti21

Good Morning geeks, Last night was a Saturday and Johnny boy was out on the town with some Beautiful HotAsh Girls. You guys are funny, Larry invites me into the geeks, I rate my cigars what I feel they deserve a 5 and you don't like my scores LOL!  :lmao:  :lmao: I will send you 10 of my original Churchill only please post the address that you would like me to send them to. If you would like to rate any others please feel free to purchase them online @ www.CubanDiscountCigars.com. www.TheHouseoftobacco.com or www.HotAshGirls.com. Today is HotAsh Race day with my daughter @ the NJMP I'm out all day. Have a great Day to ALL!!!

lowpro75

Hey John, I ordered a couple singles to give them a try.  One of the 10th Anniv toros and a regular robusto.  Looking forward to trying them.
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

ljlemer

Quotegitfiddl - 5/22/2010  5:11 PM

wearing a wifebeater and I haven't showered today!

What's a wearable wifebeater? I didn't shower yesterday either. Might today. Might.
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

gitfiddl

Quoteljlemer - 5/23/2010  10:05 AM

Quotegitfiddl - 5/22/2010  5:11 PM

wearing a wifebeater and I haven't showered today!

What's a wearable wifebeater? I didn't shower yesterday either. Might today. Might.

White ribbed tanktop undershirt.  I'm gonna have to shower today.  AC went out last night... :-(
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

ljlemer

Pete at Alacranes sent out a bunch on his own accord and has rewarded him handsomely.

He was awarded with great reviews, and deservedly so, but I don't believe he was rewarded with a significant increase in sales, unfortunately.

Thomas Mann

SenorPablo

Hey guys.  Sorry I was out all yesterday and just catching up here now.

First, I moved this thread into the Commercial Retailers forum as that is really where it belongs.  

Second, I agree the reviews need to come down.  Reviews should come from independent reviewers.  I did a search and couldn't find them so i'm assuming Pete got them all.  If not, let me know.

Lastly, I think it is a great idea to  do a Geeks Critique reviews of these.  What do you think John?  Basically you can send me a group of identical cigars (typically 5) and i'll get them out to reviewers who will post independent detailed reviews without being able to see each other's reviews.  Once all are in we release them.  You'll get credit and links to your site in each review.  Let me or Pete know if you are interested or have any questions.

Thanks,
-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

ljlemer

Quotejunglepete - 5/22/2010  11:33 PM

I am saving one of each of the duplicate reviews here. I may be overstepping my boundaries but I am yanking them now. I will apologize in advance if I am not doing the right thing to all those involved.

Keeping duplicate reviews of duplicate reviews! They're all duplicates to begin with! It's unanimous that these are ads and not reviews. The guy is new to the site and can't be blamed for not knowing our ways, though. He just offered 10 Churchills! He's learned our ways! This will be a big Geek Critique! I volunteer!

Thomas Mann

ljlemer

Quotelowpro75 - 5/23/2010  10:01 AM

Hey John, I ordered a couple singles to give them a try.  One of the 10th Anniv toros and a regular robusto.  Looking forward to trying them.

I guess you won't be needing one of his freebies.

Thomas Mann

SenorPablo

I just saw that he offered 10 Churchills.  Very generous!

John, i'll PM you the address you can send them to.

Pete, what do you think?  Seems like we do an out of turn / overlapping Critique?

Thanks!
-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

lowpro75

Quoteljlemer - 5/23/2010  10:16 AM

Quotelowpro75 - 5/23/2010  10:01 AM

I guess you won't be needing one of his freebies.

No, I wanted to spend my own money on this one so I don't feel any obligation to hold back.  I hope they are as good as advertised.
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

ljlemer

QuoteSenorPablo - 5/23/2010  10:13 AM

Hey guys.  Sorry I was out all yesterday and just catching up here now.

First, I moved this thread into the Commercial Retailers forum as that is really where it belongs.  

Second, I agree the reviews need to come down.  Reviews should come from independent reviewers.  I did a search and couldn't find them so i'm assuming Pete got them all.  If not, let me know.

Lastly, I think it is a great idea to  do a Geeks Critique reviews of these.  What do you think John?  Basically you can send me a group of identical cigars (typically 5) and i'll get them out to reviewers who will post independent detailed reviews without being able to see each other's reviews.  Once all are in we release them.  You'll get credit and links to your site in each review.  Let me or Pete know if you are interested or have any questions.

Thanks,
-Paul

He's committed to ten! Don't discourage him! Oops! I see you've dealt with this.

Thomas Mann

junglepete

Everything looks like it has been taken care of. Yes, I got all the reviews taken down and it seems that John is willing to sponsor a Geek Critique.

John, feel free to PM (private message) Paul (senorpablo) or me Pete (junglepete) and we will send you the address as to where to send the cigars. Thanks for your generous sponsorship and we look forward to trying your cigars.
Guru of Frugality

junglepete

QuoteSenorPablo - 5/23/2010  10:19 AM

I just saw that he offered 10 Churchills.  Very generous!

John, i'll PM you the address you can send them to.

Pete, what do you think?  Seems like we do an out of turn / overlapping Critique?

Thanks!
-Paul

I am sure we can fit it in.  :biggrin:
Guru of Frugality

gitfiddl

I have to give him credit.  He's stuck around.  I'll give him a A for perseverance.
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

junglepete

Quotegitfiddl - 5/23/2010  11:12 AM

I have to give him credit.  He's stuck around.  I'll give him a A for perseverance.

With all the hype and hot ashes in my face I'm dying to try this cigar out  :biggrin:
Guru of Frugality

Dave S.

A thought: we keep referring to John's submissions as "reviews."

The awarding of five stars to 10 out of 10 products notwithstanding, the verbiage John submitted did not constitute reviews.  In place of reviews, we got marketing pieces.

There's a difference between an objective assessment (a review) and a piece of marketing material, and John's submissions blatantly crossed over that line.

Pete didn't remove reviews from the database; he removed marketing material.
"There are not enough Indians in the world to defeat the Seventh Cavalry."

George Armstrong Custer

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.