Hot Ash 10th Anniversary cigar are 100% Cuban born

Started by scotti21, 05/22/2010 09:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcdimond

QuoteSenorPablo - 5/23/2010  7:13 AM

Hey guys.  Sorry I was out all yesterday and just catching up here now.

First, I moved this thread into the Commercial Retailers forum as that is really where it belongs.  

Second, I agree the reviews need to come down.  Reviews should come from independent reviewers.  I did a search and couldn't find them so i'm assuming Pete got them all.  If not, let me know.

Lastly, I think it is a great idea to  do a Geeks Critique reviews of these.  What do you think John?  Basically you can send me a group of identical cigars (typically 5) and i'll get them out to reviewers who will post independent detailed reviews without being able to see each other's reviews.  Once all are in we release them.  You'll get credit and links to your site in each review.  Let me or Pete know if you are interested or have any questions.

Thanks,
-Paul

I'd be glad to participate in the Geek Critique of these.
Michael

Fun Fact:
Groucho Marx suffered from insomnia, which he claimed was due to a financial loss in the stock market. When he suffered from insomnia, he used to call people up in the middle of the night and insult them. In the 1950s Groucho was invited to take a tour of the New York Stock Exchange. While in the observation booth, he grabbed the public address system handset and began singing "Lydia the Tattooed Lady". Upon hearing silence coming from the trading floor, he walked into view, was given a loud cheer by the traders, and shouted, "Gentlemen, in 1929 I lost eight hundred thousand dollars on this floor, and I intend to get my money's worth!" For fifteen minutes, he sang, danced, told jokes, and all this time, the Wall Street stock ticker was running blank.

Longo

Guys new here.  Smoke 4 a day.  Needless to say other than golf, cigars are a passion of mine.  I am not defending nor condoning anyone or any company, I want to make that clear.  Personally, I think a company who sells a product, should be proud of it, brag about it, or get rid of it.  I was introduced to HotAsh cigars at a golf outting.  They had a tent, a Red race car, gorgeous girls with Hot Ash attire.  Needless to say the tent was a huge eye catcher.  The girls were selling the cigars and even if you didnt smoke them,  How could u say NO.  I purchased two of the Hot Ash logoed cigars and was very pelasantly surprised...Smooth, nice slow burn, great ash.  Very enjoyable, I have been smoking them ever since.  5 stars??? Well I guess the stars are in the eyes of the beholder. VERY good cigar, I will go with that.  Again a matter of taste.  The site in the forum is also very enjoyable, some pictures to liven it up.  I don't mind a bragger of something he or she is proud of, nor an entertaining picture.  I find it a plus to the site.  Than again, thats me.  I am enjoying the site tremendously, love all the comments, critiques, etc.

Longo

Guys new here.  Smoke 4 a day.  Needless to say other than golf, cigars are a passion of mine.  I am not defending nor condoning anyone or any company, I want to make that clear.  Personally, I think a company who sells a product, should be proud of it, brag about it, or get rid of it.  I was introduced to HotAsh cigars at a golf outting.  They had a tent, a Red race car, gorgeous girls with Hot Ash attire.  Needless to say the tent was a huge eye catcher.  The girls were selling the cigars and even if you didnt smoke them,  How could u say NO.  I purchased two of the Hot Ash logoed cigars and was very pelasantly surprised...Smooth, nice slow burn, great ash.  Very enjoyable, I have been smoking them ever since.  5 stars??? Well I guess the stars are in the eyes of the beholder. VERY good cigar, I will go with that.  Again a matter of taste.  The site in the forum is also very enjoyable, some pictures to liven it up.  I don't mind a bragger of something he or she is proud of, nor an entertaining picture.  I find it a plus to the site.  Than again, thats me.  I am enjoying the site tremendously, love all the comments, critiques, etc.

nwb

Welcome to the site, Vince!  I agree with you on most of your points - however, we have a forum designated for that marketing and commercial retailers.  The problem is submitting reviews that aren't actually reviews - it was simply cut and paste ad literature.  Now that this has been addressed, it will be interesting to see what people think of them in a Geek Critique.

If you need another volunteer, Pete, let me know  :biggrin:

nwb
Chief of Shaft

MiaFLSurf

QuoteLongo - 5/23/2010  12:16 PM

Sorry to sound totally unconvinced, but this is someone for the company also.  Im sorry if I sound like an a-hole and accusatory, but it looks pretty obvious.... a guy comes on and copy and pastes the same review over and over and touts his cigars with pre-made one-liners copy and pasted then "magically" a new member signs up to talk about this company again.

I call BS.  There, I said it.  BS.

Send me one of these sticks, Id be glad to try it and critique it.
110 hours a week.  52 weeks a year.

Dave S.

QuoteMiaFLSurf - 5/23/2010  10:22 AM

Sorry to sound totally unconvinced, but this is someone for the company also . . . it looks pretty obvious . . . a guy comes on and copy and pastes the same review over and over and touts his cigars . . . then "magically" a new member signs up to talk about this company again.

I call BS.  There, I said it.  BS . . . .

:word: !!!
"There are not enough Indians in the world to defeat the Seventh Cavalry."

George Armstrong Custer

akira

QuoteDave S. - 5/23/2010  10:33 AM

QuoteMiaFLSurf - 5/23/2010  10:22 AM

Sorry to sound totally unconvinced, but this is someone for the company also . . . it looks pretty obvious . . . a guy comes on and copy and pastes the same review over and over and touts his cigars . . . then "magically" a new member signs up to talk about this company again.

I call BS.  There, I said it.  BS . . . .

:word: !!!
:confused:
"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed - Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, 'It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver.'" -Jack Handy

scotti21

Hi Guys writing from my blackberry. Just an FYI I sent out an email to a few of my over 4000 customers to logon and rate my hotash cigars so hopefully I will help grow your site with some new cigar friendly customers. I am running a special please feel free to log onto my web site and sign on for Gifts for Dads & Grads 30% Off - Sale Ends Soon. HotAsh pole [position #2 Cheer us on. Thanks John Scotti

MiaFLSurf

Jesus.  If this site gets flooded with tons of this guys "cronies" to spam it with bulls**t reviews and posts stating that its "their #1 place to buy cigars" when they are just passing by the site... I may have to take a trip up from Philly to AC and poop in the stoor.

Yes.  Poop in the store.
110 hours a week.  52 weeks a year.

nwb

QuoteMiaFLSurf - 5/23/2010  1:55 PM

Jesus.  If this site gets flooded with tons of this guys "cronies" to spam it with bulls**t reviews and posts stating that its "their #1 place to buy cigars" when they are just passing by the site... I may have to take a trip up from Philly to AC and poop in the stoor.

Yes.  Poop in the store.

I'm not trying to defend this guy - far from it.  However, let's not make this site an unfriendly one.  That is why I like it so much.

nwb
Chief of Shaft

Ken Kelley

Patience, grasshoppers, patience.  This will fade like mist in the morning.

:biggrin:

Guru of Benign Curmudgeonliness, Imperfect Patience, and Reluctant Toleration.

lowpro75

I got my hotash cigars today, they look pretty good, well filled and tightly rolled.  I am tempted to smoke one tonight.
Guru of Sensitivity.  

The Herf of Havertown.

gitfiddl

QuoteAlphairon - 5/23/2010  2:24 PM

Patience, grasshoppers, patience.  This will fade like mist in the morning.

:biggrin:

When you can snatch the pebble from my hand, you will be ready.  Now go!  I have geisha girls to contend with... :biggrin:
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

nwb

Quotelowpro75 - 5/25/2010  8:03 PM

I got my hotash cigars today, they look pretty good, well filled and tightly rolled.  I am tempted to smoke one tonight.

Looking forward to a review!

nwb
Chief of Shaft

mcdimond

Michael

Fun Fact:
Groucho Marx suffered from insomnia, which he claimed was due to a financial loss in the stock market. When he suffered from insomnia, he used to call people up in the middle of the night and insult them. In the 1950s Groucho was invited to take a tour of the New York Stock Exchange. While in the observation booth, he grabbed the public address system handset and began singing "Lydia the Tattooed Lady". Upon hearing silence coming from the trading floor, he walked into view, was given a loud cheer by the traders, and shouted, "Gentlemen, in 1929 I lost eight hundred thousand dollars on this floor, and I intend to get my money's worth!" For fifteen minutes, he sang, danced, told jokes, and all this time, the Wall Street stock ticker was running blank.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.