And the winners of my FREE Cigars contest are:

Started by 1sgjeffward, 05/26/2019 06:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tfkirk

Thanks Bruce, is it an older label? Can't find a picture on a search with that label on the cigar I received though.
Kirk

RIP BIG KIRK, LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU, SEE YOU ON THE OTHER SIDE

headfirst

Kirk, my understanding on these is it's a discontinued blend thus the older label.
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

1sgjeffward

Quotetfkirk - 8/10/2019  2:24 PM

Thanks Bruce, is it an older label? Can't find a picture on a search with that label on the cigar I received though.

Bruce as usual is correct. It's a Camacho Diploma Series (Corojo Limited) Diploma Maduro copy and paste that into the cigar search and it will pop up the 5x50 robusto. I have already taken them off my VH but just so you know the date I got that one was 6/10/2011 is a nice smoke. I preffer the 11/18 and the 08/22 which is why they are sill in my VH  :biggrin:  Since Peter was the double winner I still went ahead and made sure his box had a little extra kick to it.

I Hope all of you enjoy the cigars and they all bring you a smile.
Jeff

"Trust those who seek the truth but doubt those who say they have found it."

? André Gide

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=1sgjeffward

junglepete

Got my package Jeff...thank you very much! I'm still working on a pic ??
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

1sgjeffward

Quotejunglepete - 8/11/2019  7:17 PM

Got my package Jeff...thank you very much! I'm still working on a pic ??

Hey Pete no biggie if you don't post up a pic but just wanted to make sure everything was ok with yours? Yours was the special pack so obviously the one I worried about. If you could just lmk pic, post, PM or alk of the above lol

Hope you enjoy the ones I picked for you   :biggrin:
Jeff

? André Gide

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=1sgjeffward

junglepete

Everything was great Jeff and I'm still having trouble with pics, sorry! Here is a list of what I received.

Cubano

Partagas De Lux
Partagas Serie D
H. Upmann
??

My Father Lancero
MUWAT Bait Fish
CLE Connecticut 2012
Trinidad Nub
Rocky Patel Edge
Panacea Black

The last one I cannot remember and it has been smoked already, possibly a Cuban?
Well done Jeff, thanks and thank you for the contest.
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Brlesq

Quotejunglepete - 8/29/2019  9:32 PM
Everything was great Jeff and I'm still having trouble with pics, sorry! Here is a list of what I received.

Cubano

Partagas De Lux
Partagas Serie D
H. Upmann
??

My Father Lancero
MUWAT Bait Fish
CLE Connecticut 2012
Trinidad Nub
Rocky Patel Edge
Panacea Black

The last one I cannot remember and it has been smoked already, possibly a Cuban?

So was this supposed to be the $575 grand prize pack?  I know that many of us have been anxious to see that.  :confused:

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

kurtb718

QuoteBrlesq - 8/30/2019  5:08 PM

Quotejunglepete - 8/29/2019  9:32 PM

Cubano

Partagas De Lux
Partagas Serie D
H. Upmann
??

My Father Lancero
MUWAT Bait Fish
CLE Connecticut 2012
Trinidad Nub
Rocky Patel Edge
Panacea Black

So was this supposed to be the $575 grand prize pack?  I know that many of us have been anxious to see that.  :confused:

Hmmmm that mystery ?? cigar was probably a $475 cigar, wish we knew what it was.  :lmao:

DRuff

QuoteBrlesq - 8/30/2019  6:08 PM  
Quotejunglepete - 8/29/2019  9:32 PM Everything was great Jeff and I’m still having trouble with pics, sorry! Here is a list of what I received.  Cubano  Partagas De Lux Partagas Serie D H. Upmann ??  My Father Lancero MUWAT Bait Fish CLE Connecticut 2012 Trinidad Nub Rocky Patel Edge Panacea Black  The last one I cannot remember and it has been smoked already, possibly a Cuban? Well done Jeff, thanks and thank you for the contest.

Deener27

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"You may run like Mays, but you hit like !@#$." ~Lou Brown in Major League

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

headfirst

Here's what he said:

I guarantee that each package will be valued anywhere from $5-$575!  :lmao:

I don't think that's signing himself up to literally send something worth $575.  If so then the other prize packs should be worth only $5 and they were easily worth probably $50-$80 or so.  And he sent one he didn't need to to the one guy that didn't win but did play.  So he probably unloaded around $200-$300 worth of cigars in this contest and each pack was valued between $5 and $575.  Maybe give him a break? :confused:
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

Cfickter

Trying to stay neutral on this but if the intent was not to deliver a $575, or even close, package, why state so?  $575 seems like a fairly precise, well thought out number.
Just say $5-$100!  
You set an expectation by setting a high bar
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

junglepete

I never thought the amount was literal. I didn't take it that way anyway. I thought it more like a little rhyme, 5 -575. I was grateful for what I received.
Guru of Frugality

Murphy223

Quotejunglepete - 9/1/2019  11:44 PM  I never thought the amount was literal. I didn’t take it that way anyway. I thought it more like a little rhyme, 5 -575. I was grateful for what I received.

^^^^^ THIS . ^^^^     DITTO ^^^ .   I didn't take it literally and I enjoyed participating even if the intent was to simply help build up the db.   I am extremely thankful for the sticks I received regardless of the dollar value.    

appollo

Here is my take .A bother geek took it upon himself to give away some sticks,I like free sticks the monetary value is irreverent.This contest was win,win I wish I had of enteredThanks Jeff for running this and I will try to get in on he next one..  :thumbsup: Just saying.

kurtb718

Quoteappollo - 9/2/2019  3:09 PM

Here is my take .A bother geek took it upon himself to give away some sticks,I like free sticks the monetary value is irreverent.This contest was win,win I wish I had of enteredThanks Ryan for running this and I will try to get in on he next one..  :thumbsup: Just saying.

So who is this Ryan you speak of?? :confused:

kurtb718

Quoteappollo - 9/2/2019  3:09 PM

Here is my take .A bother geek took it upon himself to give away some sticks,I like free sticks the monetary value is irreverent.This contest was win,win I wish I had of enteredThanks Ryan for running this and I will try to get in on he next one..  :thumbsup: Just saying.

So who is this Ryan you speak of?? :confused:

1sgjeffward

Well everyone I just wanted to apologize for disappointing! Yes the $5-$575 followed by an emoji "Rolling On The Floor Laughing My Ass Off" was just a bit of fun on my part! Sorry if anyone took it literal. This contest was to fix a trade that was screwed up on my end. I took full responsibility for that in the very first post. Just FYI for everyone I sent out 4 prize packs. Each one of those exceeded the amount that I owed as my part of the botched trade. If anyone else has issue with the botched  trade that was a mistake and not intentional on my part OR with the final value of the prizes feel free to IM me here or broncofans0213@gmail.com if you prefer. As always though feel free to continue taking shots at me by posting here.

Pete as the big prize winner if you took it literal or I any way feel cheated LMK and I can very easily send you a box with a guaranteed value well above the $575.
Jeff

? André Gide

DRuff

junglepete

Hi Jeff, as I mentioned in my earlier post, I did not take your amounts literally. Here is what I said:

"I never thought the amount was literal. I didn't take it that way anyway. I thought it more like a little rhyme, 5 -575. I was grateful for what I received.

Thanks again Jeff.
Guru of Frugality

nirab

Panties in a wad over not hitting $575 in cigars??? Suggest y'all go volunteer at a homeless shelter or food bank...Thank you Jeff, for your contest, and generosity... :angel:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.