Special Occasions 3.0 - To Many Have Gone By!

Started by BewareDaPenguin, 05/16/2019 07:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BewareDaPenguin

QuoteCfickter - 7/19/2019  9:37 AM

Looks like box has arrived, outside looks fine, will open and inspect tonight

Awesome bro, sounds good :thumbsup:
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

Adwinistrator

Everything arrive safe and sound Chuck?

Cfickter

Sorry guys, didn't mean to leave this hanging. Couple days of travel caught me.
The pass arrived great. Some slight wrapper damage on the Punch India that Ryan had also caught. Looking to redox, larger Tupperware, out by Thursday

My puts and takes are in, comment period is open
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

BewareDaPenguin

QuoteCfickter - 7/23/2019  7:44 PM

Sorry guys, didn't mean to leave this hanging. Couple days of travel caught me.
The pass arrived great. Some slight wrapper damage on the Punch India that Ryan had also caught. Looking to redox, larger Tupperware, out by Thursday

My puts and takes are in, comment period is open

You"re the man Chuck! No problems bro people get busy all is good bro! Appreciate you participating in the pass again this year man! Some amazing sticks as usual! All is good here man! Just really impressed how much the box had turned, this year more then any other years that's great! Have enjoyed watching it evolve! Thanks again Chuck! :smoker:

Cfickter

QuoteBewareDaPenguin - 7/23/2019  11:20 PM  
QuoteCfickter - 7/23/2019  7:44 PM  Sorry guys, didn’t mean to leave this hanging. Couple days of travel caught me.  The pass arrived great. Some slight wrapper damage on the Punch India that Ryan had also caught. Looking to redox, larger Tupperware, out by Thursday   My puts and takes are in, comment period is open
You”re the man Chuck! No problems bro people get busy all is good bro! Appreciate you participating in the pass again this year man! Some amazing sticks as usual! All is good here man! Just really impressed how much the box had turned, this year more then any other years that’s great! Have enjoyed watching it evolve! Thanks again Chuck! :smoker:

The fact that this has turned so many cigars from the seed list is a tribute to what you put in to start this. Can't say there was one cigar I wouldn't want to try that I haven't already.  

FYI for those not familiar with the Crowned Heads Sanctuary, Jon Huber did a store exclusive for Smoker's Abby in Nashville.  333 boxes of 12, MSRP $12 each. its a 5 1/2 x 52 trunk-pressed robusto extra using an Ecuadorian Sumatra wrapper over a Nicaraguan binder and Nicaraguan fillers. It is being made by Ernesto Perez-Carrillo Jr.’s Tabacalera La Alianza S.A. factory in the Dominican Republic and has been aging for 14 months.

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

nirab

I had my eye on that Kendall!! Still, great cigars in this pass!!
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

ninfiction

This is not the admin you're looking for...

BewareDaPenguin

Quotenirab - 7/24/2019  4:11 PM

I had my eye on that Kendall!! Still, great cigars in this pass!!

:biggrin: another sniped stick lol been a lot of that this pass as well, but not like something even better hasn't taken its place this pass for sure, hope everyone really enjoys the takes and has fun with it that's why I started this pass in the 1st place, for a stick you set aside some time when you can really enjoy it, thanks again to all it's a great group of geeks for sure :smoker:

BewareDaPenguin

So keeping an eye on the last of the geeks in the pass I have seen that Jeff hasn't logged in since 7/2 does anybody know him personally? Just afraid to send a very very expensive box of cigars out of we don't have verification he's around to participate! I shot him a PM on here and I will also try his email he has listed but until we hear from him let's play it safe, I for sure don't want to lose this pass! Thank you!

BewareDaPenguin

I updated the "pass order" and moved Jeff to the bottom until we hear from him! I hope everything is ok! Again just to risky to send the box without any kind of acknowledgement, better safe then sorry! :smoker:

shakinghorizons

QuoteBewareDaPenguin - 7/25/2019  10:39 AM

So keeping an eye on the last of the geeks in the pass I have seen that Jeff hasn't logged in since 7/2 does anybody know him personally? Just afraid to send a very very expensive box of cigars out of we don't have verification he's around to participate! I shot him a PM on here and I will also try his email he has listed but until we hear from him let's play it safe, I for sure don't want to lose this pass! Thank you!

I am somewhat local (about an hour away) - but don't head his direction very often.

BewareDaPenguin

Quoteshakinghorizons - 7/25/2019  3:16 PM

QuoteBewareDaPenguin - 7/25/2019  10:39 AM

I am somewhat local (about an hour away) - but don't head his direction very often.

Ok cool that's good to know! Hopefully we hear from him and it's a non-issue, again I hope nothing is wrong and he"s just been busy, we will still wait to hear from him before we send the pass his way, again I moved him to the bottom for now but we can slot him back in once we know he's around to participate!

Again thank you to everyone for being engaged in the pass and posting up! It's always an honor to host this pass here!

StogieDad

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

ninfiction

Just an FYI, I'm heading to Colorado Saturday to die...I mean hike the Rockies for the week. The wife will be home if the box arrives, I think timing should be alright and my albescence shouldn't cause any issues.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

Cfickter

OK Brian, heading your way today!
Tracking 9405503699300068695889

I reboxed the cigars into new Tupperware, it is tight but still should be enough room to finish the pass, a couple of new bovidas

Awesome pass, too much great stuff to choose from, thanks for letting me play

BewareDaPenguin

QuoteCfickter - 7/26/2019  10:22 AM

OK Brian, heading your way today!
Tracking 9405503699300068695889

I reboxed the cigars into new Tupperware, it is tight but still should be enough room to finish the pass, a couple of new bovidas

Awesome pass, too much great stuff to choose from, thanks for letting me play

Sweet Chuck! Thank you for playing again this year my friend! Always happy to have you bro! Enjoy the sticks man as you went over the top in puts :smoker:  thank you also for repackaging!! Like I said always an honor to host here with great geeks!

Cfickter

BewareDaPenguin

Cool! Thanks again Chuck! I got a message from Jeff I think we might just try to set his turn up "Virtually" at the end, since he seems to have a lot going on, and would hate to add more stress, so for now I've left him at the bottom, and I told him once I get the pass back I will go ahead and go the Virtual Swap with him just to make it easier and less stressful on everybody. Thanks again everyone! :smoker: still an amazing pass! Can't wait to see what you do Brian!

BewareDaPenguin

Well Brian as usual did not disappoint!! :smoker: some more amazing sticks have found there way into the box haha! A lot of sticks I haven't tried and I'm excited to smoke if I can lol! :biggrin: still a few more geeks to go! Brian thank you again for playing this year! You've played every year in my pass like a few others, and again it's great to have so many good geeks playing! Truly a lot of fun to warch!

Cfickter

Silverstix

nirab

Puts n takes are in, and I will ship this out by Friday...thanks for letting me play!!  :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

shakinghorizons

Quotenirab - 7/31/2019  12:39 PM

Puts n takes are in, and I will ship this out by Friday...thanks for letting me play!!  :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:

I'll make sure I have my catcher's mitt ready!

FYI to all - my wife is due any day (due date is 8/9), so if there is a lapse I apologize but will get it back on the road ASAP.

nirab

Quoteshakinghorizons - 7/31/2019  4:55 PM

Quotenirab - 7/31/2019  12:39 PM

I'll make sure I have my catcher's mitt ready!

FYI to all - my wife is due any day (due date is 8/9), so if there is a lapse I apologize but will get it back on the road ASAP.

any requests Colin?? :shades:  :confused:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

BewareDaPenguin

QuoteCfickter - 7/31/2019  10:32 AM

Ok, can we send this back around?

Lol you never know?! :biggrin: it has happened before! Stayed tuned!

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.