And the winners of my FREE Cigars contest are:

Started by 1sgjeffward, 05/26/2019 06:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

junglepete

Quotetfkirk - 7/4/2019  10:24 PM

Caldwell Young Savages Short Corona Gordo (4.5"x 46)

Posted and thanks Gary I owe you for the help.

PS  If any mods can edit my review the word after white is shirt not s##t.

I believe you can edit your own review? If not, I can do it.
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

tfkirk

Thanks Pete for the offer very appreciated, but as usual Gary bailed me out again. He might be claiming me on his taxes next year since I'm a dependent. And AGAIN thanks Gary. By the way Gary everything good with that earthquake? Hope all is well and safe.
Kirk

RIP BIG KIRK, LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU, SEE YOU ON THE OTHER SIDE

kurtb718

Quoteappollo - 7/4/2019  6:14 PM

Can't wait to see what the gifts are.

Hmmm seems that this has fallen off a bit, been a couple weeks since any activity here.
I assumed we would be seeing pics of prize packs by now. That $575 winner should be fantastic.
Let's see some pictures from the winners. Don't forget to give Jeff feedback after you receive your prizes, these should be awesome. :bigthumbs:

kurtb718

Quoteappollo - 7/4/2019  6:14 PM

Can't wait to see what the gifts are.

Hmmm seems that this has fallen off a bit, been a couple weeks since any activity here.
I assumed we would be seeing pics of prize packs by now. That $575 winner should be fantastic.
Let's see some pictures from the winners. Don't forget to give Jeff feedback after you receive your prizes, these should be awesome. :bigthumbs:

headfirst

I've been out of town the past week.  It's probably waiting for me at the office so hopefully I'll post a pic tomorrow.

And Kirk all good.  We felt the EQ but harmless where we are, just a little thrill ride.  EQs were fun back in the day but Northridge forever changed that for me.  Thankful it wasn't close...
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

Cfickter

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

05Venturer

So winners are announced 6/29 and Jeff seems to have gone silent.
Hasn't logged on for 3 weeks now.
Seems I remember this happening in the past. :confused:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

headfirst

Nothing waiting for me but my guess is life got busy for Jeff or something.  I don't think he set this whole thing up (all to try and make up for a trade bust with cavenbk) just to flop on top of a flop.  Give him some time.  I know I just went through a 3-4 week stretch where I could hardly think about cigars due to all that was going on at work.  He has a couple successful trades under his belt since he's been back.  I'm sure he'll come through...
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

appollo

Quoteheadfirst - 7/22/2019  5:19 PM

Nothing waiting for me but my guess is life got busy for Jeff or something.  I don't think he set this whole thing up (all to try and make up for a trade bust with cavenbk) just to flop on top of a flop.  Give him some time.  I know I just went through a 3-4 week stretch where I could hardly think about cigars due to all that was going on at work.  He has a couple successful trades under his belt since he's been back.  I'm sure he'll come through...
Did a trade with Jeff 4 weeks ago,top notch geek on his end ,received some real nice sticks.I'm going to agree with Gary. :-)

05Venturer

I hope I  am wrong fellas but it wouldn't be the first time is all I am saying.
Sorry if I offend anyone but I do call a spade a spade, and call it as I see it.
Kent

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

appollo

Quote05Venturer - 7/22/2019  5:59 PM

Sorry if I offend anyone but I do call a spade a spade, and call it as I see it.
I hope so to Kent,just thought I would tell my experience with Jeff. :-)

headfirst

Quote05Venturer - 7/22/2019  4:59 PM

No worries at all, I expect the guru of cynicism to do just that.  :biggrin:  I just didn't want to see a dog pile start if he has a good reason for not sending stuff out right away.
-Charles Spurgeon

05Venturer

24 June 2019 I will use a random number generator to pick the 4 winning numbers. Those 4 numbers will get one VERY nice surprise delivered in time for the 4th of July weekend!  2020
Kent

1sgjeffward

To all yes I'm back now and yes I dropped off the planet. We have been down in Buena Vista with my son and his wife. After almost 3 weeks in the hospital My grandson passed away. Sorry to not have gotten these out before we left but I really did think it would only be one of his 1 week stays that have been going on for over a year now. But not this time. I will get these done the cigars had already been picked out and I was just waiting for end date to get them boxed up and sent. They should all go out this week but please have some patience if it's longer. I will only be pretty much off and on for awhile but will come through on this and passes.
Jeff

"Trust those who seek the truth but doubt those who say they have found it."

? André Gide

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=1sgjeffward

1sgjeffward

The wife is working nights so not real sure if she made it to the post office today or not. One way or the other at the latest Monday I will post tracking numbers on this thread so all winners will know where the boxes are. Congrats to the winners and thank you for your understanding on this taking so long.
Jeff

? André Gide

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=1sgjeffward

1sgjeffward

Here are the tracking numbers don't remember the who so I just put State then #

OK  9505513371319218426414
CA  9505513371319218426421
PA  9505513371319218426438
GA  9505513371319218426445
Jeff

? André Gide

headfirst

-Charles Spurgeon

Murphy223

Landed!  Thanks for sending my way.. Very much looking forward to enjoying these sticks!

ntanner

I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

appollo

Well done Jeff.Now I wish I had done e some reviews.

headfirst

-Charles Spurgeon

tfkirk

Package received, Thanks Jeff and best of luck with your tragedy. Couldn't imagine what I'd be feeling. Cigars would be my last thought in that emotional ride. Great packaging by Jeff, received the same as Gary with 2 cigars replaced with great selections. Replaced were the Alec Bradley Rare and Fine and the Olivia "G" with the La Antiguedad Corona Grande and the CLE Connecticut Toro. As I have mentioned before I can not figure out how to post pics.
Kirk

tfkirk

Need some help locating a cigar that Jeff sent me so generously The Camacho maduro robusto in Gary's picture, the best description I found was from Katman's blog. https://kohnhed.com/2013/08/09/cigar-review-camacho-corojo-maduro-1118/   Only it's a robbusto size not the 11/18-Figurado size.

Any help would be appreciated.
Kirk

Brlesq

Quotetfkirk - 8/10/2019  9:33 AM

Need some help locating a cigar that Jeff sent me so generously The Camacho maduro robusto in Gary's picture, the best description I found was from Katman's blog. https://kohnhed.com/2013/08/09/cigar-review-camacho-corojo-maduro-1118/   Only it's a robbusto size not the 11/18-Figurado size.

Any help would be appreciated.

Camacho Diploma Series (Corojo Limited) Diploma Maduro
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

nirab

Nice stuff all the way around. Very generous of Jeff to include old, or impossible cigars to find nowadays. Continued prayers n' healing light my brother...
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.