Another N00b

Started by CW Piperman, 06/07/2019 07:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sar127

Welcome aboard!

The first advice I wish someone had shared with me when I picked up cigar smoking is: "learn how to retrohale!"

Once you learn that, you're sure to enjoy cigars to the fullest. All else, like storage and cutting is secondary but it sounds as though you've got a good hang of it already.

The 2nd best piece of advice that I learned was on the boards, "like what you smoke, and smoke what you like." it really is that simple!

Enjoy the hobby!

Sir Rob

"I never smoke to excess - that is, I smoke in moderation, only one cigar at a time." - Mark Twain

CW Piperman

Quotesar127 - 6/17/2019  12:46 AM

Welcome aboard!

The first advice I wish someone had shared with me when I picked up cigar smoking is: "learn how to retrohale!"

Once you learn that, you're sure to enjoy cigars to the fullest. All else, like storage and cutting is secondary but it sounds as though you've got a good hang of it already.

The 2nd best piece of advice that I learned was on the boards, "like what you smoke, and smoke what you like." it really is that simple!

Enjoy the hobby!

Thanks!

Retrohaling is natural for me, didn't even need to be taught how to do so when I started Pipe smoking, and I've been finding it works even better with Cigars. Thanks for the tips!

CW
"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to" --J.R.R. Tolkein, #Bilbo #LOTR #TFOTR

Humidor: http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=CW+Piperman

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.