December Member Sponsored Geek Critique

Started by junglepete, 10/01/2019 01:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silverstix

Received here too fellas - and as the others mentioned, wow what a geek critique! Pete thank you man, you went way way way above and beyond.  I'm looking forward to reviewing the cigar and also trying some of that woodford reserve!

arrow34

Submitted my review and made a guess as to what it was?  I wasnt sure if i was supposed to do that ... but wouldnt let me submit it otherwise....

junglepete

That's just fine, thanks for reviewing.
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

junglepete

10 days left to the due date folks  :-)  Just a friendly reminder.
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Beegerply

Pete my review is in thanks for sponsoring this GC  :biggrin: I guessed an AJ Enclave   :biggrin:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

Silverstix

I am going to smoke this cigar tomorrow and I'll have my review up on Monday when I get back in front of a computer

junglepete

Thanks Guys...three days left until the due date..
Guru of Frugality

Silverstix

junglepete

My bad on the due date gentlemen, you have until the 27th. Cheers.
Guru of Frugality

Deener27

Mine is in along with my guess as to what it is (a really big hunch on this one).

Thanks again for letting me review this one.

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"You may run like Mays, but you hit like !@#$." ~Lou Brown in Major League

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

junglepete

Just one more review to come in and then we're good to go.
Guru of Frugality

nirab

I am in the process of doing mine now!!
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

nirab

My review is in, and this cigar was... :shades:

Thanks Pete!!  :bigthumbs:  :biggrin:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

junglepete

First off, thanks to everyone for smoking the cigar and getting their review in on time.

The cigar I chose has a little back story to it. I had 10 of these sticks kicking around for well over a year. They were purchased as a gift for a friend who liked them quite a lot. I did not care for them all that much, until, having not seen my friend for well over a year, I decided to dig in to the batch and smoked 5 of them. Some I thought were awesome, and some just mediocre. They were a bit of an enigma. I did not know if my taste was off kilter or if the cigar itself was different from one to another. I do think the aging definitely helped.

I thought your guesses were all pretty good ones!!

The cigar was the Romeo 505 Nicaragua. And even though it is an Altadis/General Cigars cigar, I thought it an interestingly mysterious stick for a blind review.

Cheers

Guru of Frugality

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.