No More Special Occasion Cigars...Contest

Started by ninfiction, 11/07/2019 09:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BewareDaPenguin

Figure I better enter at least once!!! I smoked a Feral Pig at the Iowa/ Minnesota game last weekend, they play for the "Floyd of Rosedale" trophy, which is a....wait for it....PIG! :biggrin:
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

Adwinistrator

Seeing as I got hitched yesterday, I kind of had a good reason to burn the treasure...

Cohiba Behike BHK 52
https://i.imgur.com/KvxpM2Y.png">

Ramon Allones E.R. (2014) Suiza Perfectos
https://i.imgur.com/JoPnHLd.png">

Opus X Forbidden X 2014 BBMF
https://i.imgur.com/SvRm2VL.png">

Dunbarton Tobacco & Trust Muestra de Saka Unicorn
https://i.imgur.com/MlP4eDf.png">

I was also feeding the in-laws some very nice sticks  :biggrin:

FIL:
-Padron 50th Anniversary "The Hammer"
-Davidoff The Master Selection 2007
-Arturo Fuente Don Arturo Destino al Siglo de Familia

MIL:
-Davidoff Year of the Sheep
-Opus X Perfecxion 888
-Paul Garmirian No. 1 (rolled in '96)

I believe the cigar gods have been appeased by these sacrifices!

Brlesq

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Adwinistrator

QuoteBrlesq - 11/24/2019  10:24 AM

Congratulations, Ryan!

Thank you Bruce!

appollo

Kid Montana

I'd rather have a cigar...

ninfiction

This is not the admin you're looking for...

ninfiction

I figure I better post at least 1 for my own contest. I've smoked a few this month that I've been hoarding and glad you guys have been too.

I smoked an LFD Limitado III. Given to me by Bruce. This cigar was fantastic, oily, cold draw and aroma was like a chocolate/fudge brownie fresh out of the oven. So smooth and flavorful for an 11 year old cigar. Thank you Bruce it was wonderful!

appollo

Had a couple great sticks on the weekend First was a CH Angels Anvil 2019 on Sat.and  Tatuaje TAA2014

MusicCity

Congratulations on the marriage Ryan!

Brlesq

Quoteninfiction - 11/24/2019  4:12 PM

I figure I better post at least 1 for my own contest. I've smoked a few this month that I've been hoarding and glad you guys have been too.

I smoked an LFD Limitado III. Given to me by Bruce. This cigar was fantastic, oily, cold draw and aroma was like a chocolate/fudge brownie fresh out of the oven. So smooth and flavorful for an 11 year old cigar. Thank you Bruce it was wonderful!

Glad that you enjoyed it, Brian!

Bruce
Chief Enabler 

StogieDad

Davidoffs are usually pretty special.  I don’t have many.  And this one is no exception.  Davidoff 702 Series Special R

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

nickthafish

It's been so windy and s**tty outside I haven't smoked a thing since I got back from California. Hopefully no wind during this holiday weekend so I can finally get it on the fun, no wind would actually be a special occasion!

StogieDad

Padron Black No.89 TAA I was looking for a good opportunity to break out.  Thanksgiving and the Saints/Falcons seems like as good a time as any.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

ninfiction

2 days left guys. Supposed to snow for like 30 hours here the next couple days. Sometime late Saturday Night after a few ounces of bourbon and a couple beers I'll try to figure our a winner of this contest. Thanks to everyone that has entered, it's fun seeing the good s**t get smoked!

nickthafish

Finally got to smoke. 2015 Las Calaveras, pretty nice smoke!
https://imgur.com/a/T4jvzvl

nirab

Broke out a Tatuaje Bone Marrow today. I had been looking for one of these, and was lucky enough to get one in a recent CG pass. Today is the last day to enter the contest, and this is the last day that I will have a Tat Bone Marrow in my collection. Thanks for the contest!!  :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

nirab

Broke out a Tatuaje Bone Marrow today. I had been looking for one of these, and was lucky enough to get one in a recent CG pass. Today is the last day to enter the contest, and this is the last day that I will have a Tat Bone Marrow in my collection. Thanks for the contest!!  :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Adwinistrator

Quotenirab - 11/30/2019  12:42 PM

I have a feeling I contributed that cigar!

What did you think?

ninfiction

Thanks very much to all who entered. I tallied 28 cigars that will no longer be hoarded. Well done!

I put everyone who entered in a spreadsheet in the order they posted. 1 for each cigar smoked and used random.org to pick a number.

22 came up...the winner is non other than ninfiction. Woot! I get to smoke more cigars I've been hoarding instead of sending them away!

Brlesq

:lmao:  :lmao: Congrats to the winner!  

Good contest, Brian!
Bruce
Chief Enabler 

appollo

BewareDaPenguin

"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

Brlesq

I hope that you send yourself something nice, like a special occasion cigar!

Bruce
Chief Enabler 

Kid Montana

Great contest Ryan, thanks for running it!

I'd rather have a cigar...

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.