"A fine cigar is the essence of life. The tobacco plant comes from the earth, from which we ourselves were created. Like ourselves, each leaf grows and is nurtured individually, acquiring its own characteristics, and is then graded, sorted, and matured according to their special abilities. As tobacco comes to its graduation in the making of cigars, as with the making of adults, some is left on the cutting room table and become ordinary, run-of-the-mill products. Some graduate into leadership and areas of responsibility, but a few achieve greatness, and even a touch of immortality." -Prince Sined Yar Maharg

Main Menu

Mystery deal at Cigar Page

Started by tuck0411, 12/01/2019 11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tuck0411

https://www.cigarpage.com/the-december-haul.html?

They do this once a month.  Last month they sent me two fivers, one of AVO Syncro Nicaragua Robusto and one of A.J. Fernandez Enclave Broadleaf Belicoso.  Not sure where else you'd find those sticks for $3 each unless you just get really lucky on C-bid...   :smoker2:
Todd

"Those sticks won't smoke themselves..." -- OZZ

arrow34

Hey Todd.  i go tin on that deal last month and it was great!  I am glad you pointed this out, in for one set!  
One looks like a AJ Fernandez Bellas Artes maduro the other... maybe a griffen?

sweatsock

Thanks for posting this. I am an infrequent cigar page buyer; check their site daily but never look beyond the first page. I generally avoid blind samplers because some of the cigars won't get smoked and many have over inflated prices like Gurkha that pump up the "value' of the offering. I have bought similar from Holts.  I did buy two of the CP boxes of crapola and was expecting something like the old JR TorT  deals. Instead I got a bunch of stuff that I couldn't use and an uninspiring collection of cigars including a Gurkha.

tuck0411

Quotearrow34 - 12/1/2019  10:22 AM

Hey Todd.  i go tin on that deal last month and it was great!  I am glad you pointed this out, in for one set!  

Dunno, I didn't try to decipher the blurry pic and who knows if that's representative of the actual sticks they're sending this time.  But, we'll know in a few days...

At any rate, anyone who hasn't jumped on this yet has about 4 hours left...   :smoker2:
Todd

arrow34

I was just speculating...  Last time they did post the pics of the sticks labels blurred like this and it turned out to be both sticks.

tuck0411

Quotearrow34 - 12/1/2019  10:22 AM

Ed called it - got this today and it is indeed the Bellas Artes Maduro toro and the Griffins Robusto.  Both sticks I haven't tried yet.   :smoker2:
Todd

arrow34

Yup. Mine arrived today also! Great deal.  Just wish they had gone more medium for the second cigar vs mild... But I have mooch that will love the Griffin sticks. Merry Christmas

Also... is it sad or good that I can identify a label... even blurred?

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.