2020 Birthday Bomb Pass

Started by headfirst, 12/10/2019 12:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

headfirst

:happybday:  :happybday:  :happybday:  :happybday:  :happybday:  :happybday:  :happybday:  :happybday:  :happybday:  :happybday:
Welcome to the fifth annual Birthday Bomb Exchange! This will be a year long exchange to give all you generous geeks another excuse to nail another geek with a killer bomb for their birthday.

Who can participate:

If your name is here you're invited to the year long birthday party, if not, enjoy the show and there's always next year.

05Venturer
1sgjeffward
Adwinistrator
appollo
arrow34
bstessl
Cfickter
CW Piperman
Deener27
jharrisx5
Murphy223
johncw
junglepete
Murphy223
Nickthafish
ninfiction
nirab
Stogiedad

What needs to be in the bomb:

Cigars of course! The bomb should have a minimum total value of $25 as customarily determined around these parts (CI box prices, etc), should contain at least 2 cigars, and each cigar should have at least a 3.5 star rating (so no pineapple white owls...unless it's a gag that is thrown in over and above the $25 bomb). There's no minimum or maximum value on each cigar, just make sure they're not dog rockets. There are no upper limits on the bomb value or size, spank that birthday boy as hard as you want! You may want to designate a particular birthday cigar similar to the new year smoke in the secret santa exchange, but it's not required. If you want to include something other than cigars in your bomb you're welcome to do so, just please meet the $25 value in cigars first and foremost.

When will it start:

January 1, 2020

When will it end:

December 31, 2020

Anything Else?:

Yes. Please make sure to leave feedback for your bday bomber and please make sure to post a picture of your opened gift on this thread so all of us sitting at the birthday party table can be wondering why it can't be OUR birthday.

Also, on the subject of feedback, if you fail to bomb your target (I'm not talking about being a little late, I'm talking not sending it at all/ignoring communication type of behavior), you will receive negative feedback from the party host. I will generally remind everyone a few weeks ahead of time that their target is coming up.

With all that said, have fun everyone!

:happybday:  :happybday:  :happybday:  :happybday:  :happybday:  :happybday:  :happybday:  :happybday:  :happybday:  :happybday:
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

headfirst

Everyone should have received their target via PM.  Let me know if you haven't received a PM from me.
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

Murphy223

Thanks for running this Gary!

appollo

Thanks Gary for running this again.Fellow geeks it helps us giver if you have a wish list.

ninfiction

Thanks Gary! Going to be another great year!
This is not the admin you're looking for...

StogieDad

Thanks Gary, we really appreciate you arranging!
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

headfirst

-Charles Spurgeon

nirab

Got my bday bomb from Jeff. Thanks brother!!  :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

headfirst

-Charles Spurgeon

Cfickter

Great start to the pass!
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

appollo

ricoishere

I wish I could jump into this! Not so much as to get stogies, but to share.... No problem, I'll donate to cigars for our troops.
I got way too many cigars, too much booze, not many friends. Life is GRAND.
-Rico

"Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle." -George Burns

My humidor
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=ricoishere

headfirst

Quotericoishere - 1/7/2020  11:30 AM

I wish I could jump into this! Not so much as to get stogies, but to share.... No problem, I'll donate to cigars for our troops.

Next year  :bigthumbs:
-Charles Spurgeon

Cfickter

Well Papa Smurf whacked me hard, thank Jason.  Unbelievable selection, and no one more deserving than me!  :dancing:

x

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

appollo

Very nice selection of ISOM. :thumbsup: Great gift.

headfirst

-Charles Spurgeon

Brlesq

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

05Venturer

Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

ninfiction

This is not the admin you're looking for...

jharrisx5

Boom!  Have a Smurfy birthday!
Puff Puff Give....

nirab

The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

nickthafish

I see, way to set the tone for the new year! This is going to be great!

Murphy223

I was out of town this week and returned to find my mailbox destroyed by Appollo -   Thanks so much!

I'll get pictures up tomorrow

Murphy223

As promised - Here's a pic of the Birthday Bomb from Appollo -  Can't wait to try this selection - Thanks so much!

appollo

Glad they reached you safely.Have a great day Steve

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.