JR cigars

Started by sweatsock, 01/12/2020 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweatsock

I have a real love/hate relationship with them. Too many emails. I delete instead of unsubscribe because I check emails more often than their site. A ton of crap deals but a lot of killer deals. I believe their pricing and marketing strategy involves a dart board. I buy more from them than the other vendors; Holts. Cigarpage, CI and their other sites.

arrow34

Interesting. I bit more from cigarpage, cbid, and cigar international.  I rarely buy from jr.  What do you get from jr mainly?

Brlesq

Quotesweatsock - 1/12/2020  1:22 PM
I buy more from them than the other vendors; Holts. Cigarpage, CI and their other sites.

And sar127 thanks you!

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

tuck0411

Quotesweatsock - 1/12/2020  10:22 AM

I have a real love/hate relationship with them. Too many emails. I delete instead of unsubscribe because I check emails more often than their site. A ton of crap deals but a lot of killer deals.

Please continue to post the killer deals.  I get their emails, too, but don't have time to comb through them all.  I usually just read the subject line and only click on the email itself if it sounds interesting.
Todd

"Those sticks won't smoke themselves..." -- OZZ

sweatsock

I smoke a lot of different cigars and buy what I like that is on deep discount. Recently; Montecristo, El Rey Del Mundo. My default order when there is 30% off is Nicaraguan Factory Overruns Oscuro that begin with MFO where MF stands for My Father.

Beegerply

I get my Bolivar 656 from JR'S they have the best price on them, and recently they had a deal where you by a box of AJ and get a box of ten AJ Lancero free. I bought 2 box's and ended up with 60 cigars with shipping for 215.00.  They where a box of AJ Enclave robusto, AJ Enclave Toro's, and the freebie was two ten count box's of AJ Bella Artes Lancero.    :biggrin:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

Cfickter

I look at JR as one of the mass marketers, just like CI and Thompsons.  95% of the time what they push I have no interest in, but like some, I do see the occasional interesting offer.  There is absolutely nothing wrong to their approach.  The majority of cigar smokers are not chasing HTFs, LEs or boutiques, or probably even $10+ cigars, so go where the market is.
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.