JR Alert !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by sweatsock, 01/28/2020 12:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

headfirst

That's the one that didn't have them.  Makes sense to me they'd shake their head on that one.  I'll probably find someone local to take them off my hands.
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

tuck0411

Quoteheadfirst - 2/4/2020  5:09 PM

That's the one that didn't have them.  Makes sense to me they'd shake their head on that one.  I'll probably find someone local to take them off my hands.

Well, it was clearly a mistake on their part allowing the double stack of the codes, so I'm surprised they didn't shake their heads on all of them.  At any rate, I don't mind Gurkhas as much as some do, so these will get smoked in due course.   :smoker2:
Todd

"Those sticks won't smoke themselves..." -- OZZ

Cfickter

So who did and did not get the Padrons for each order placed?

I placed one order for 20 Roma Crafts and I did get the sampler
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

headfirst

Received one on a box of green hornets and one on a box of Pepperbox.  Not received on the Gurkha sampler.
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

wescat

I placed 2 orders, the Padron 4 pack was in one of them. When i called and spoke to customer service, they explained that promotions are "while supplies last". I informed them that they needed to work on their software, so that what is in your cart at checkout is actually accurate. They don't give a $hit, IMO.
The second law chases us all.
In most realms, tranquility comes from ownership.
Order ensues when everyone totes their own water.  
Stand firm, and never let the bastards grind you down.  
Life's arc is primarily charted between ones ears.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
Heaven is where the police are British, the lovers French, the mechanics German, the chefs Italian, and it is all organized by the Swiss.
Hell is where the police are German, the lovers Swiss, the mechanics French, the chefs British, and it is all organized by the Italians.
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

StogieDad

QuoteCfickter - 2/5/2020  7:50 AM

I did 5 total orders and got the one sampler.  It wasn't with the first or either of the two biggest orders, which was a bit odd so I assume they caught anyone making more than one order and gave them the one they would have gotten if they had combined all.  Which I still would have ordered most of what I ordered just for the price, so still good.

I only did one Gurkha order just to try and get the Padron's and didn't.  All other 4 were at least a box.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

BewareDaPenguin

Did NOT receive mine with my box order...but again she said she would fill out a missing item slip for me, now weather I get the Padrons or not, I'm not sure I guess time will tell on that. I honestly doubt it, but we will see.
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

arrow34

QuoteCfickter - 2/5/2020  7:50 AM

I placed three orders all for a box or more, the price was too good to pass up, I did get two samplers and that was one more than i expected.  You might want to try to get your one.  I am not gonna rock the boat for my orders.  I am perfectly happy, well, I wished i would have ordered a second box of the mi querida sticks vs the ajf enclave broadleaf sticks...(mostly because the mi querida sticks dont come up on that kind of sale often... less than $4 a stick!)

BewareDaPenguin

So just a quick update on this...I've been back n forth with customer service and in emails. Bottom line is they will not honor my order, as they said it was a "promotional" item and they would not be receiving anymore "promotional" items from the manufacturer. Without going into to much more detail in the emails the bottom line is sounds like it was totally hit and miss on what orders got it, when etc. So congrats if you were able to score 1-2-3 of them even, that was a decent sale and the Padron put it over the top, I'm disappointed I didn't receive them but I knew the risk and I took the chance. He offered me a refund but I have already opened the box that I purchased so that's not an option now either, oh well win some lose some. Probably would've sent the box back if I wasn't going to get the bonus as it was a good deal not a great deal, so again if you were able to score the Padrons and get the code to double stacks congrats!! I won't be so inclined next time to "jump" right in if it's a JR"s deal. Again not that it was bad, just could have been handled a lot better imo. Again not bashing JR"s or anyone who got the deal, this was just my own personal experience I know everyone's is different.

Adwinistrator

QuoteBewareDaPenguin - 2/20/2020  11:11 AM

So just a quick update on this...I've been back n forth with customer service and in emails. Bottom line is they will not honor my order, as they said it was a "promotional" item and they would not be receiving anymore "promotional" items from the manufacturer. Without going into to much more detail in the emails the bottom line is sounds like it was totally hit and miss on what orders got it, when etc. So congrats if you were able to score 1-2-3 of them even, that was a decent sale and the Padron put it over the top, I'm disappointed I didn't receive them but I knew the risk and I took the chance. He offered me a refund but I have already opened the box that I purchased so that's not an option now either, oh well win some lose some. Probably would've sent the box back if I wasn't going to get the bonus as it was a good deal not a great deal, so again if you were able to score the Padrons and get the code to double stacks congrats!! I won't be so inclined next time to "jump" right in if it's a JR"s deal. Again not that it was bad, just could have been handled a lot better imo. Again not bashing JR"s or anyone who got the deal, this was just my own personal experience I know everyone's is different.

JR and Serious do this from time to time.  They screw up the coupon system, hundreds of BOTLs jump in and score huge, and the last 50 that try to squeeze in before it gets shut down kind of get screwed over.

BewareDaPenguin

I got no problems with the coupons of course, my issue is if they run a deal they should honor it or update their software that tracks how many are left, it processed my coupon and charged my credit card to me that's binding. They offered me a refund but I had already broken up the box I had purchased. I wasn"t rude at all but said I'd be happy with some sort of substitute as this wasn't my fault. Again they didn't budge, I will take my business elsewhere, the double stack code was great but their customer service sucks a$$...they must do enough business to not care and that's fine with me. I've really only purchased from Small Batch pretty much, they don't flood my email with s**tty cigars I don't want to smoke and I've never had an issue with them, when I did they corrected it and made it right, that's all I was asking from JR"s, nothing more nothing less. All good tho man, not a big deal, again they lost a customer n that's fine.

Adwinistrator

QuoteBewareDaPenguin - 2/21/2020  5:24 PM

I got no problems with the coupons of course, my issue is if they run a deal they should honor it or update their software that tracks how many are left, it processed my coupon and charged my credit card to me that's binding. They offered me a refund but I had already broken up the box I had purchased. I wasn"t rude at all but said I'd be happy with some sort of substitute as this wasn't my fault. Again they didn't budge, I will take my business elsewhere, the double stack code was great but their customer service sucks a$$...they must do enough business to not care and that's fine with me. I've really only purchased from Small Batch pretty much, they don't flood my email with s**tty cigars I don't want to smoke and I've never had an issue with them, when I did they corrected it and made it right, that's all I was asking from JR"s, nothing more nothing less. All good tho man, not a big deal, again they lost a customer n that's fine.

You're not wrong at all.  100% agree on SBC.

I guess I've dealt with more of their pricing mistakes, where if it works you score, and if not, you send it back.  One site had Davidoff Primeros listed $35 for 5 boxes.  Ordered it, received one box, called to see if I could get the rest, couldn't, returned.

Sometimes it works, sometimes not.

But you're right that, with a coupon, they should be able to stand by their offer.  If they can't manage their inventory and webstore so that you aren't selling stock they don't have, and don't cancel accidentally accepted orders, and just sub with other product, they suck.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.