JR Alert !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by sweatsock, 01/28/2020 12:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

benchjockey

The 30% off has been extended for another day.
You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

StogieDad

Two of my orders shipped, the rest are still showing but not yet shipped.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

StogieDad

Two of my orders shipped, the rest are still showing but not yet shipped.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Brlesq

QuoteStogieDad - 1/29/2020  1:15 PM

... the rest are still showing but not yet shipped.

They probably ran out of the Padron 4 packs after JunglePete's orders  :biggrin:

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

tuck0411

QuoteBrlesq - 1/29/2020  10:24 AM

QuoteStogieDad - 1/29/2020  1:15 PM

... the rest are still showing but not yet shipped.

They probably ran out of the Padron 4 packs after JunglePete's orders  :biggrin:

Probably correct.  They show that 4 pack as sold out.

https://www.jrcigars.com/item/padron-1926-series/no.1-maduro/PD26134_1.html

My order has not shipped yet, either.
Todd

"Those sticks won't smoke themselves..." -- OZZ

fropones

I have 4/6 shipped so far. The last one was less than an hour ago, so hopefully they're still working through the orders

arrow34

None of my three have shipped, I paid with PayPal too. Would think they would want to get the casd orders out.

sweatsock

My order hasn't shipped. I order early and not getting a shipping notice is fairly typical. I think I'm on their naughty list. For what I bought, I really don't care. I didn't know about the padrons or the second code. Padrons are either too good for me I'm too good for them. I got a 1964 sampler from Famous for free some years ago and smoked another one from a trade. I traded the Padrons for a Cuban sampler. I bought 2 bundles of MFO toro oscuro and have plenty of them already. I paid $20 a bundle for this order and like them.

headfirst

None of mine showing shipped yet.  Here's hoping...
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

arrow34

I wonder what the priority to ship is.  I placed two order early on like 8:40-9am ish est.  Nada shipped.

sweatsock

One of my pet peeves with JR is lack of integration between web and phone business and web sales and auction. Inventory count and order status is more accurate  with the phone system. An order can be filled and sometimes scanned and it doesn't show up when doing online order inquiry. When I call, after waiting some time for a response I get the status well before the web is updated. On this order I don't care so, I'll just wait. I buy a lot of cigars from JR because of great deals and great deals caused by mistakes.

StogieDad

Got UPS notice on 4 of 5 orders.  Still shocked if I get 20 Padron 1926 for free PLUS those crazy deals.
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

junglepete

Received shipping notices for 13/16 orders so far.
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

headfirst

When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

sweatsock

I got a shipping notification USPS with a delivery date of Friday. UPS is used a lot of the time and takes 8 days and is not surepost.

arrow34

All three shipped! Woooohooo

tuck0411

Got a shipping notice on mine after I went to bed last night.   Expected delivery tomorrow.  They must be working overtime to get all these orders out the door.
Todd

"Those sticks won't smoke themselves..." -- OZZ

BewareDaPenguin

I chose priority in case they changed their mind lol so I got my shipping notice as well supposed to be here Saturday! I didn't go super crazy like some of you lol, just a box of Anjeos and 1-4 pack so we will see! Super excited man thanks for the tip!!' Unreal'
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

StogieDad

Got my first two and only one included the Padron sampler.  Sat on hold for 45 minutes to see if it was a mistake or they are only honoring one, cant get through.  Even if I only got one I'd let it go as the percentage deal was still huge.  

But it was their system that allowed it, we weren't out of line.  Especially considering the bubble code was for the Padron sampler, which wasn't why discounts were miscalculating.  Still got some screaming deals even if they only allow one.  That is still $90 worth of Padron's I didn't pay for.
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

junglepete

QuoteStogieDad - 1/30/2020  12:04 PM

Got my first two and only one included the Padron sampler.  Sat on hold for 45 minutes to see if it was a mistake or they are only honoring one, cant get through.  Even if I only got one I'd let it go as the percentage deal was still...

Oh oh, and the shyte begins.
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

arrow34

All three of mine are due in tomorrow afternoon/evening, interested to see if i get only one pack or one with each.  It was listed on each of my shipping confirmations...

StogieDad

Quotearrow34 - 1/30/2020  3:05 PM

All three of mine are due in tomorrow afternoon/evening, interested to see if i get only one pack or one with each.  It was listed on each of my shipping confirmations...

Mine were listed on the online order but not on the invoice that was packed in the box.  Well the one that didn't have it.  The one that did it was on the printed invoice.  But again, I won't be making a big stink.  Even with one, what I got would have been well worth moving on anyway for sure.
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

arrow34

QuoteStogieDad - 1/30/2020  3:17 PM

Quotearrow34 - 1/30/2020  3:05 PM

Mine were listed on the online order but not on the invoice that was packed in the box.  Well the one that didn't have it.  The one that did it was on the printed invoice.  But again, I won't be making a big stink.  Even with one, what I got would have been well worth moving on anyway for sure.

If I get one, I will be happy as well. The price savings on the actual boxes were huge. I am happy they shipped!

Brlesq

Before anyone spends a lot of time on the phone with JR about this:  There is no law that states that a retailer must honor a discount or freebie when the customer is trying to game the system because of a price mistake or computer glitch. And anyone here that placed more than a single order was trying to game the system (myself included).   ;-)

I received my big order today (3 boxes) at a VERY good price, plus the Padrons, plus some random 8 pack that only has a few in it that I will smoke. (The rest go in the moochidor!)  So I'm happy even if the 2 follow up small orders I placed fall through.

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

StogieDad

QuoteBrlesq - 1/30/2020  4:42 PM

Before anyone spends a lot of time on the phone with JR about this:  There is no law that states that a retailer must honor a discount or freebie when the customer is trying to game the system because of a price mistake or computer glitch. And anyone here that placed more than a single order was trying to game the system (myself included).   ;-)

I received my big order today (3 boxes) at a VERY good price, plus the Padrons, plus some random 8 pack that only has a few in it that I will smoke. (The rest go in the moochidor!)  So I'm happy even if the 2 follow up small orders I placed fall through.

Exactly.  They still honored the price glitch and didn't cancel any orders, so that in itself is pretty smooth.  I would not have been surprised to see a bunch of cancelled orders.
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.