CigarGeeks Fantasy Baseball 2020 - 7th Annual

Started by StogieDad, 02/25/2020 10:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deener27

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"You may run like Mays, but you hit like !@#$." ~Lou Brown in Major League

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

Kman

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

nirab

The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Kman

I've seen numerous articles today that speculate that MLB won't start until May at the earliest. My guess is that spring training will restart at some point in May and we may have baseball again by June. Either way, it's definitely going to be a shortened season.
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

Kman

I got a notice tonight that the draft is scheduled for tomorrow at midnight. I think we can safely postpone this until May 1st at the least. Just my thoughts.

StogieDad

I moved to May 1 but I can move it up if they happen to decide to start earlier.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Cfickter

Thanks for keeping an eye on this not much we can do really out of our control but I hope it starts soon
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Kid Montana

So it looks like its time to once again reschedule the draft.  01 May 2020 is tomorrow and as far as I know, there is no scheduled start of play.  I'm thinking the 2020 MLB season is going to be a complete bust.

I'd rather have a cigar...

Deener27

QuoteKid Montana - 4/30/2020  9:29 AM

So it looks like its time to once again reschedule the draft.  01 May 2020 is tomorrow and as far as I know, there is no scheduled start of play.  I'm thinking the 2020 MLB season is going to be a complete bust.

I hope you are wrong, but the way it is looking, even if they do get it rolling, it will not be much.

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

Deener27

Kid Montana

QuoteDeener27 - 5/1/2020  3:54 AM

Looks like we drafted?

Not sure this should have been allowed to kick off yet.

StogieDad

Sorry, didn't catch it until last night.  We can just decide to not play this year, as no one has sent out prize packs, or move forward as drafted if there is a shortened season.  I don't know how much difference it will really make player wise, as I wouldn't have made any changes in draft order or anything due to this, so I am fine playing through once things get going, if it gets going.  But if everyone wants to shut her down, we will go with the majority here.  Opinions?
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Kid Montana

QuoteStogieDad - 5/1/2020  8:51 AM

Sorry, didn't catch it until last night.  We can just decide to not play this year, as no one has sent out prize packs, or move forward as drafted if there is a shortened season.  I don't know how much difference it will really make player wise, as I wouldn't have made any changes in draft order or anything due to this, so I am fine playing through once things get going, if it gets going.  But if everyone wants to shut her down, we will go with the majority here.  Opinions?

My vote is we play it as drafted but no prizes; winner gets the pride of accomplishment.

Cfickter

QuoteKid Montana - 5/1/2020  12:01 PM  
QuoteStogieDad - 5/1/2020  8:51 AM  Sorry, didn't catch it until last night.  We can just decide to not play this year, as no one has sent out prize packs, or move forward as drafted if there is a shortened season.  I don't know how much difference it will really make player wise, as I wouldn't have made any changes in draft order or anything due to this, so I am fine playing through once things get going, if it gets going.  But if everyone wants to shut her down, we will go with the majority here.  Opinions?
My vote is we play it as drafted but no prizes; winner gets the pride of accomplishment.

I agree we play and used what has been drafted, but lets for go the all-star prize but lets do at least fivers for the winner!

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

ninfiction

Yes, play with what we got. I agree with Chuck, a fiver each is good and adds a little more incentive to play hard.

I'll just be thrilled when we get baseball back.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

Kman

I'm good going with what we have for a fiver.

I mean, I've sent a fiver over a weekend series or even just to see Dan in a coconut bra and laying on the hood of his car.

60 games is at least something.

Cfickter

nirab

The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

StogieDad

Only one dissent so far, so I am cool playing for a fiver for the winner, no split this year, just everyone pony up a fiver.  Sound good?
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

ninfiction

StogieDad

Do ya'll wanna do winner take all or split is 6 and 2 or something like that?  Or winner of the championship game sends a fiver to the second place?
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

ninfiction

I like the winner sends a fiver to 2nd place. But I'm down for whatever the group decides.

Murphy223

I'm not in the fantasy baseball league but "Damn it's good to be see and be talking sports again!"  Here's to hoping we see things start and stay!

Kid Montana

Ok, so fiver to the winner, and winner sends to 2nd place.  Baseball resumes this weekend!

StogieDad

QuoteKid Montana - 7/21/2020  9:52 AM

Ok, so fiver to the winner, and winner sends to 2nd place.  Baseball resumes this weekend!

Yep, let's play.  I will trust you guys to send to the winner at the end as everyone here has played multiple times and always been trustworthy.

Good luck fellas.
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.