CigarGeeks Fantasy Baseball 2020 - 7th Annual

Started by StogieDad, 02/25/2020 10:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cfickter

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Caveman Steve

Oh Shyte!
Just checked my roster
5 pitchers on the 10 day DL

Ruh Roh!
"yesterday I did nothing, and today I'm finishing what I did yesterday"

Kman

Hey Stogiedad, what about the idea of allocating more IL spots due to Covid? With the usual injuries and now 2-3 weeks of Covid time for anyone who tests positive, we can easily get into situations where we need to cut players that we would typically never cut. Just something to consider.
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

nirab

QuoteKman - 7/25/2020  9:39 PM

Hey Stogiedad, what about the idea of allocating more IL spots due to Covid? With the usual injuries and now 2-3 weeks of Covid time for anyone who tests positive, we can easily get into situations where we need to cut players that we would typically never cut. Just something to consider.

I agree :bigthumbs:  :bigthumbs:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

StogieDad

QuoteKman - 7/25/2020  10:39 PM

I will check but I'm pretty sure I can't change the league settings after I set the draft.  But let me see.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Kid Montana

Enjoy the win Caveman Steve, the postponements really set you up for a big comeback this weekend. #salty

I'd rather have a cigar...

ninfiction

The postponements, covid IL, and the long layoff have all contributed to a weird first week.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

StogieDad

yea, with all the games postponed, Mike Trout was out on paternity leave, that was a crazy week to keep up with.  And I don't think a pitcher besides a #1 or maybe a #2 goes over 4 innings anymore.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Caveman Steve

Wow,
After being down almost a hundred points all week, with half of my pitchers on the IL,  I assumed I had almost no chance this week.  Then my team explodes Saturday and Sunday for the win.  Crazy.  I almost feel guilty.  Not really.  Wondering if the season will be able to continue much longer given the Florida Marlins moronic behavior.  Lets go to a strip club during Covid.  GREAT IDEA!

StogieDad

Anybody need a first baseman?  Might be willing to part with someone if anybody is looking.
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

Kid Montana

I need more IL slots.

StogieDad

QuoteKid Montana - 8/18/2020  9:35 AM

I need more IL slots.

That's going to be the tough part this year with COVID you really have to move stuff around.  I checked, I can't change league settings once the season started so I didn't have the option to add any.
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

ninfiction

QuoteStogieDad - 8/15/2020  6:45 PM

Anybody need a first baseman?  Might be willing to part with someone if anybody is looking.

I think you could trade half your team and still kill everyone.

Caveman Steve

Oh Man!  Down all week to Chuck.  Scratched and clawed to get back into the game and ultimately lose by two stinking points.  OUCH!
Nice win Chuck

Caveman Steve

Nice win Kent
Pulled out all the stops to try and beat you as it was my only chance to make the playoffs.  Couldnt do it.
well done

05Venturer

QuoteCaveman Steve - 9/13/2020  7:03 PM

Nice win Kent
Pulled out all the stops to try and beat you as it was my only chance to make the playoffs.  Couldnt do it.
well done
Thanks brother, fun season thus far
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Kid Montana

Woah, I hadn't realized this is the last week before playoffs.

Kid Montana

Wow, 05Venturer, DJ's last couple days got you more points than your pitchers have done all week.

05Venturer

QuoteKid Montana - 9/17/2020  5:10 PM

Wow, 05Venturer, DJ's last couple days got you more points than your pitchers have done all week.
Yeah, good time for a few player to come alive  :thumbsup:
Kent

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

ninfiction

Good games in the winners bracket. I'm not doing my lineup...I'm a loser.

Was fun as short as it was anyway, it was difficult to get anything going for me and no time to catch up.

StogieDad

Quote05Venturer - 9/18/2020  9:14 AM

I'm trying to run you down but I just can't get there...
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

Kid Montana

QuoteStogieDad - 9/20/2020  6:55 AM

Quote05Venturer - 9/18/2020  9:14 AM

I'm trying to run you down but I just can't get there...

Yea, Kerry and I were back and forth all week but today my pitching has let me down and he'll face you or Kent for the final.  

Well played Kman.

05Venturer

Great playoff weekend, I got pretty lucky, thought Michael was gonna run me down but I had enough finally this time to squeak thru.
Good luck Kerry, it should be a fun week.  :cool:
Kent

Kid Montana

I think its nice neither of the finalists were in the finals last year.  Not to say I wasn't trying, but I don't mind, just so long as Stogiedad doesn't win.   :dukem:

StogieDad

-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.