Returning

Started by nkowal, 06/11/2020 01:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nkowal

Well... it's been a while. I took a long break from cigars and the forums with two things hitting me pretty hard: my job and having a kid. Both didn't allow for a ton of free time and a lot of my stuff I did online went by the wayside. So both are in a relatively good state of affairs finally in the given moment (relatively speaking!), so I figure it's time I start rolling back in a bit. A little wiser, more mature... and with different tastes now as well.

So I'm trying to make a slow comeback to the forums and saying hi to everyone again after years away. Hope to catch up.

I also have defined my palate a lot more over the past year when I started smoking again (finally), so I ended up with a lot of cheaper to mid range cigars with a bunch of years on them that I don't really smoke anymore. And probably some nicer ones as well (still need to weed some of those out as I'm refreshing my humidor data on the site). Everyone here was so kind when I started a number of years ago, so... I'd like people to nominate people who are newer and developing their tastes so I can ship them some of my cigars. I'll send them some of my cheaper aged stuff http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=nkowal) and mix in some of the other stuff I have as well. Throw me some names...

StogieDad

Great to see you back around brother!
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

05Venturer

Welcome home brother
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

shakinghorizons

I don't have any names for you unfortunately, but welcome back!!

Brlesq

Great to see you back Nick!  Very generous of you to ask for names . . . but there hasn't been a lot of newbie activity where people hang out after their introduction.  Maybe you should just post up what you have for a quick cheap sale and make a few bucks to buy what you like.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

benchjockey

Nice having you back!
You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

headfirst

When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

nickthafish

Welcome back! We could always use more Nicks!

klamm143

Welcome back..............
Kevin R. Lamm

It is what it is - and these things too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone - but IT WILL PASS.

Otter

R, Otter
------------------------------------------------------
Certified Retail Tobacconist
CRA Ambassador #0264
Twitter: @GeekCoefficient
Instagram: Geekcoefficient
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cigargeeks/

My Virtual Humidor: http://tinyurl.com/a9umtsr

appollo

Welcome back Nick

junglepete

Welcome back Nick. As mentioned above, you might have a better chance to sell a few here than to find new members at the moment.
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

BewareDaPenguin

Congrats! Welcome back bro!! :smoker:
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

nkowal

Alright, thanks all. I'll throw a few of the better sticks up for purchase and just throw the cheaper sticks in for bombs, etc.

Silverstix

Welcome back, Nick.  As you already know, this is a great place.

nirab

Great to see you back brother!! Your generous offer is the an example of why I am still active here. Never ceases to amaze me. Take care!  :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Shukpaw

Hey, good to see you on the site.  I have been popping in occasionally myself lately.  Nice to see some of the old timers getting on here.
I'm right 98% of the time.  Who cares about the other 3%?

Beegerply

Welcome back Nick always nice to have a member come back after being away for awhile. :biggrin:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

Adwinistrator

Quotenkowal - 6/11/2020  2:04 AM

Well... it's been a while. I took a long break from cigars and the forums with two things hitting me pretty hard: my job and having a kid. Both didn't allow for a ton of free time and a lot of my stuff I did online went by the wayside. So both are in a relatively good state of affairs finally in the given moment (relatively speaking!), so I figure it's time I start rolling back in a bit. A little wiser, more mature... and with different tastes now as well.

So I'm trying to make a slow comeback to the forums and saying hi to everyone again after years away. Hope to catch up.

I also have defined my palate a lot more over the past year when I started smoking again (finally), so I ended up with a lot of cheaper to mid range cigars with a bunch of years on them that I don't really smoke anymore. And probably some nicer ones as well (still need to weed some of those out as I'm refreshing my humidor data on the site). Everyone here was so kind when I started a number of years ago, so... I'd like people to nominate people who are newer and developing their tastes so I can ship them some of my cigars. I'll send them some of my cheaper aged stuff http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=nkowal) and mix in some of the other stuff I have as well. Throw me some names...

Welcome back, and nice to meet you!

Depending on if you find that special someone to donate those cigars to, I might have a friend who loves Emilio and would want those ones...

ntanner

Welcome back Nick.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

mhuss

Great to have ya back!

nkowal

QuoteAdwinistrator - 6/15/2020  1:53 PM

Quotenkowal - 6/11/2020  2:04 AM

Welcome back, and nice to meet you!

Depending on if you find that special someone to donate those cigars to, I might have a friend who loves Emilio and would want those ones...

Yeah for sure - shoot me a PM.

wescat

It is good to see you posting Nick.
The second law chases us all.
In most realms, tranquility comes from ownership.
Order ensues when everyone totes their own water.  
Stand firm, and never let the bastards grind you down.  
Life's arc is primarily charted between ones ears.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
Heaven is where the police are British, the lovers French, the mechanics German, the chefs Italian, and it is all organized by the Swiss.
Hell is where the police are German, the lovers Swiss, the mechanics French, the chefs British, and it is all organized by the Italians.
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.