I'm Back... Again!

Started by gitfiddl, 07/03/2020 02:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gitfiddl

Hello folks!  How's everyone been for the last year or so?  I've been mostly lurking lately and posting some reviews.  I see some of the old crew are still around, as well as some new faces/names.

What's been going on with me, you ask?  "Lots" would be the appropriate answer.  A little stroke thing, some gout, some gangrene (yes, in the 21st century!), my dad passed away in late October of last year, about two weeks after I quit drinking...  I'd been on sort of a musical hiatus since 2018 or so and was about to embark on another musical endeavor/adventure with an old friend and band-mate when all this COVID crap hit and put the brakes on that.  

One thing I've noticed is that as I get older, time really flies, whether I'm having fun or not.  It seems like just yesterday I was being laughed at for even mentioning Thompson Cigars...
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

Brlesq

That's a lot of stuff going on!  I didn't realize that you were on a hiatus since you post under Today's Smoke almost everyday.  Maybe a hiatus from the other threads?  Good to see that you are still alive and kicking, Dave!
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

jagfandaddy

Hey Bud! Good to see you back!!
"Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle."
 George Burns

klamm143

Welcome back..............
Kevin R. Lamm

It is what it is - and these things too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone - but IT WILL PASS.

jagfandaddy

We still need to get together for a smoke!
"Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle."
 George Burns

ntanner

Good seeing you around Dave.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.