Cigar Rights of America Pass (This Pass is in transition)

Started by rstrawsb, 07/11/2020 11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ninfiction

Sweet, I should have it before the weekend....
This is not the admin you're looking for...

bstessl

Ok it's way as of yesterday, forgot to transition when I got home.  I'll do that after work and add tracking.  Thanks for the pass!
Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

ninfiction

Box has arrived in Minneapolis. Going to try to turn this around tomorrow.

ninfiction

Ok puts and takes done. I'll transition and enter the tracking after I drop it off tomorrow.

Thanks for letting me have a turn!  And very well set up pass/box.

rstrawsb

Wow!  you guys are really going above and beyond to make this a fantastic pass.  Thanks for keeping it moving and the puts are really top notch!  

Thanks again to everyone,
Ron
Ron Strawsburg

"When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." Charles H. Spurgeon

ninfiction

mhuss

Tracking says I'll get my hands on it Saturday!  Looking forward to it!

By the way - quick question... I thought I read something about someone putting a cigar in there specifically for someone.  Is that true, and if so, which one?  It would be my luck that that's the one I would wind up taking.

Mike

ninfiction

I didn't see a note about that. Hopefully if there is I didn't take...but if I did I will be sure it gets to where it's supposed to go.

rstrawsb

I haven't heard anything about anyone wanting anything in particular. I think it's safe to snag anything in the box. If anyone has made arrangements for a particular cigar please chime in and let us know.

Thanks,

Ron

Ron Strawsburg

"When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." Charles H. Spurgeon

mhuss

I very well could be wrong, and I probably am.  I just wanted to ask to make sure.  Thanks guys!

mhuss

The box has arrived!  Everything is in great condition.  I'll try to turn this around as quickly as I can.  Thanks guys!

rstrawsb

Ron Strawsburg

bstessl

What was the value on the H. Upmann?  Cuban for non Cuban?  I'm done in this pass, just asking for the rest.
Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

ninfiction

It should be Cuban for Cuban, but that wasn't stated in the rules. It is how we roll around here usually.

They are harder to get a hold of while not always being highly priced.

nirab

That is not cool at all. Integrity and honesty is surely lacking in that last put/take. It shouldn't matter if it's in the rules or not. When you know better, you should do better.

The host of this pass may be fine with it, but I am not...

I respectfully request that I be removed from this pass...
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

StogieDad

In fairness, we could give Mike the benefit of the doubt before it goes nuts.  If he hasn't sent the pass it can be clarified or corrected.  We may not agree with the put, but it is a Hemingway Sungrown, which it appears are pretty hard to come across, it is not just a regular Hemingway.  May still want to keep it Cuban for Cuban (I would) but I am not sure this is egregious as at first glance.  Let's not jump to conclusions.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

nirab

QuoteStogieDad - 8/3/2020  10:03 AM

In fairness, we could give Mike the benefit of the doubt before it goes nuts.  If he hasn't sent the pass it can be clarified or corrected.  We may not agree with the put, but it is a Hemingway Sungrown, which it appears are pretty hard to come across, it is not just a regular Hemingway.  May still want to keep it Cuban for Cuban (I would) but I am not sure this is egregious as at first glance.  Let's not jump to conclusions.

I appreciate your perspective Mike, thank you for sharing...
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

rstrawsb

The H. Upmann  is $301 per box of 25. That's about 12 bucks each not including shipping and gymnastics to get it to your door. Just addressing the value question.
Ron Strawsburg

Brlesq

Quoterstrawsb - 8/3/2020  3:39 PM

The H. Upmann  is $301 per box of 25. That's about 12 bucks each not including shipping and gymnastics to get it to your door. Just addressing the value question.

For a 2017 box??  Please send me a PM and tell me where to find them!  Those 2017 boxes have been sold out for over 2 years now from any sources that I "might" know about; they're unicorns. :drool:
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

mhuss

Sorry, that's my bad.  I haven't participated in a pass for years and some of the unwritten rules lapsed in my mind.  I switched out the Cuban for the Padron 64.  Again, I apologize for my misunderstanding and mistake.
Mike

rstrawsb

Quotemhuss - 8/3/2020  5:01 PM  Sorry, that's my bad.  I haven't participated in a pass for years and some of the unwritten rules lapsed in my mind.  I switched out the Cuban for the Padron 64.  Again, I apologize for my misunderstanding and mistake. Mike

Thanks Mike!  

Ron Strawsburg

rstrawsb

QuoteBrlesq - 8/3/2020  4:27 PM  
Quoterstrawsb - 8/3/2020  3:39 PM  The H. Upmann  is $301 per box of 25. That's about 12 bucks each not including shipping and gymnastics to get it to your door. Just addressing the value question.
For a 2017 box??  Please send me a PM and tell me where to find them!  Those 2017 boxes have been sold out for over 2 years now from any sources that I "might" know about; they're unicorns. :drool:

Valid point on the 2017.  That fact had went right past me. If I find those 2017's  I'll be sure to let you know. 

Ron Strawsburg

Cfickter

Quotemhuss - 8/3/2020  5:01 PM  Sorry, that's my bad.  I haven't participated in a pass for years and some of the unwritten rules lapsed in my mind.  I switched out the Cuban for the Padron 64.  Again, I apologize for my misunderstanding and mistake. Mike

well done!

Rules should have been posted as a reminder

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

StogieDad

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

mhuss

I will get the box on its way to MD today.  I'm planning on heading out once the worst of this tropical storm passes.  Should be this afternoon.

Sorry again about the mistake.  It has literally been 12 years since I last participated in a Pass.  As I mentioned before, the rules that we normally recognize, whether they're stated or not, completely slipped my mind.  It's no excuse, but that's my story (haha).  I hope my correction is adequate for the group.  I definitely did not mean to try to rip anyone off or be shady or anything along those lines.  Thank you for calling me out on it.  I hope this doesn't ruin any decent reputation or image yall had of me.  I love being a part of this community and want to stay in good standing with you.  Sorry for the speech, I'll shut up now.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.