February 2021 Member Sponsored Geek Critique

Started by Brlesq, 12/11/2020 03:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brlesq

Just a friendly reminder: 8 days to get this one smoked and reviewed (due the 25th).  Many of you have tomorrow off, so please consider enjoying this as an afternoon cigar!   :biggrin:

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

ntanner

Mine is in,  at least I think it is.  Let me know if it aint.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

ntanner

ain't., and thanks for letting me participate Nick, mighty kind of ya.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Vroomp

Mine's in~!  Thanks for the opportunity Nick~!
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

Brlesq

4 days left, 3 reviews in, 2 reviews left to go!
Bruce
Chief Enabler 

jharrisx5

Finally over the 'vid and able to enjoy this cigar...my review is in.
Puff Puff Give....

jharrisx5

Puff Puff Give....

Brlesq

Quotejharrisx5 - 1/23/2021  9:23 PM

Glad that you are feeling better, buddy!

Bruce
Chief Enabler 

McBryde

Mine is in! I hope to hell nobody else had the same smoke I did with this one! It was ROUGHHHHHHHH!!!

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Brlesq

QuoteMcBryde - 1/25/2021  1:20 AM

Mine is in! I hope to hell nobody else had the same smoke I did with this one! It was ROUGHHHHHHHH!!!

E

Are you sure that you didn't hot-box it to try and get it in on time?  :biggrin:

Bruce
Chief Enabler 

nickthafish

QuoteMcBryde - 1/24/2021  11:20 PM  Mine is in! I hope to hell nobody else had the same smoke I did with this one! It was ROUGHHHHHHHH!!!  E

Damn, sounds like you got a dud! I put a firework in one but apparently it didn't go off? Sounds like that would have been better!

I enjoyed the few I've had and all performed well, of course one I sent out was a turd!

Brlesq

Quotenickthafish - 2/2/2021  11:08 AM

QuoteMcBryde - 1/24/2021  11:20 PM  Mine is in! I hope to hell nobody else had the same smoke I did with this one! It was ROUGHHHHHHHH!!!  E

Damn, sounds like you got a dud! I put a firework in one but apparently it didn't go off? Sounds like that would have been better!

I enjoyed the few I've had and all performed well, of course one I sent out was a turd!

Very consistent reviews other than McBryde's, but he had witnesses on a herf while he smoked this one.  They have since told me that the ash on his cigar blossomed to look like a cartoon cigar that blows up!
Bruce
Chief Enabler 

Murphy223

Wow - really consistent reviews other than the dud.   Thanks for letting me participate.

McBryde

Yeah, everyone else got good ones, but mine was definitely a dud! The cigar ash split and it looked like a Y . Definitely a first for me!

Nick, duds happen! I really appreciate the opportunity to try it, even though it was rough.

E

https://imgur.com/3itH7kC

Hopefully that pic can be seen by y'all.
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

ntanner

Pretty consistent scoring. To bad McBryde got a bad one. I think this is one of the most consistently scored critiques yet aside from the 1 low for the dud.

arrow34

Yeah... I was on with Emerson while he was smoking it... he tried his best.  I am still going to locate one to try out.

Vroomp

Very consistent marks guys~!

I have had a few cigars who's ash open up like a gator's mouth before.

I think it's from a lack of filler and lose binder probably due to the box pressing on this one.

Not sure why the flavors were so off-putting for E, the only thing strong about that cigar for me was a bit of pepper on the nose,,,,

but thanks Nick for the opportunity~!

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.