Kill the Rona Pass of 2021

Started by 05Venturer, 12/23/2020 06:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

05Venturer

QuoteCfickter - 4/6/2021  8:45 AM

Kent, pass moving on to Ron today.  thanks for letting me play along, great pass.

I did add the suggested value of the Liberty City Washington cigar at $18.  I wasn't sure how easy it would be for everyone to look up since it is only sold on one site.

Thanks for playing Chuck  :thumbsup:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

rstrawsb

:dancing:  :dancing:  :dancing: I'll be watching for it!
Ron Strawsburg

"When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." Charles H. Spurgeon

rstrawsb

Postal Service Moto: Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of
their appointed rounds.

So it must be something really unexpected because this korona pass is running late.
Ron Strawsburg

"When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." Charles H. Spurgeon

rstrawsb

Good grief, I could had walked that package here by now. USPS should just call when the are within an hours ride and ask for assistance from the recipient.  :confused:
Ron Strawsburg

05Venturer

Quoterstrawsb - 4/14/2021  2:05 PM

Good grief, I could had walked that package here by now. USPS should just call when the are within an hours ride and ask for assistance from the recipient.  :confused:

4 of my last 5 packages have had the exact same issues. USPS is becoming more of a joke than ever.
Kent

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

rstrawsb

Stogiedad sent me a box of cigars around Christmas and they had very similar troubles. They did finally make it but it had us wondering.
Ron Strawsburg

rstrawsb

10 days in Gaithersburg. This is ridiculous!  I don't know where to go or I would go pick it up. That town is 47 miles from me and has at least 3 post offices. My carrier said they have people out if they even get a sniffle. Really easy too get a pass from work during the pandemic. I guess I'm just an old fart. Because I say it's time to get on with business. I mean my generation grew up tough we walked to school up hill both ways during the snowstorms. We ate koronas for breakfast and  worked until we dropped. I know it sounds stupid but I miss it. We need a few more tough old bastards to get this nation moving in the right direction.
Ron Strawsburg

05Venturer

Quoterstrawsb - 4/17/2021  6:58 PM

10 days in Gaithersburg. This is ridiculous!  I don't know where to go or I would go pick it up. That town is 47 miles from me and has at least 3 post offices. My carrier said they have people out if they even get a sniffle. Really easy too get a pass from work during the pandemic. I guess I'm just an old fart. Because I say it's time to get on with business. I mean my generation grew up tough we walked to school up hill both ways during the snowstorms. We ate koronas for breakfast and  worked until we dropped. I know it sounds stupid but I miss it. We need a few more tough old bastards to get this nation moving in the right direction.

I have filled out and submitted a form to USPOS to try to find out what is going on with the package. If anything it may get them looking.
I will let you know if I hear anything.
Kent

rstrawsb

Can I file one too? I'll check.
Ron Strawsburg

05Venturer

Quote05Venturer - 4/19/2021  8:40 AM

Quoterstrawsb - 4/17/2021  6:58 PM

I have filled out and submitted a form to USPOS to try to find out what is going on with the package. If anything it may get them looking.
I will let you know if I hear anything.

"Hello ,

This message is regarding you package inquiry. We have looked into it. Unfortunately there are delays at all our distribution facilities across the country due to the current pandemic  volumes and minimal staff working due to covid 19 regulations. Our staff at our facilities are working as hard and as fast as they can to continue to push out all of the packages to our customers. We advise to please continue to have patience and we do apologize for any inconvenience. If you have any questions for us please feel free to contact us at the office at 301-824-2828.

Thank you
???????Smithsburg Post Office"

Basically told me to just wait  :banghead:  :banghead:
Kent

05Venturer

Well whaddaya know, Ron you should get the pass finally today.

Status
Out for Delivery, Expected Delivery by 3:45pm
April 21, 2021 at 6:10 am

SMITHSBURG, MD 21783
Kent

rstrawsb

Got it in about 30 minutes ago. The box looks like hell and the container has a busted corner but the cigars are all fine. I will get my puts and takes posted, get a new container and get this back out in the mail.
Ron Strawsburg

rstrawsb

When all else fails, use more tape!  I patched up the box and container and I'm pretty sure she will make it to the final destination. Forgive me to not checking with my puts and takes I wanted to get this out the door and I've been busier than a one armed paper hanger all day.  I tried to take all the original seed cigars, so you wouldn't see them again. Then I filled in a few that were snatched along the way. Let's hope this pass Kills the Rona of 2021.  

Takes:
     Drew Estate Herrera Esteli Norteno Belicoso Fino (4/21/2021 9:04:29 PM)
Panacea White Corojo Robusto (4/21/2021 9:04:29 PM)
Ventura Cigar Archetype Axis Mundi Robusto (4/21/2021 9:04:29 PM)
Veritas Torch Habano Double Corona (4/21/2021 9:04:29 PM)

Puts:
Aging Room Quattro F55 Maduro Vibrato (4/21/2021 9:04:29 PM)
Alec Bradley Tempus Maduro Quadrum (5.5"x55) (4/21/2021 9:04:29 PM)
Bespoke Grand Cafe LE Maduros. 7.5" x 39 lancero (4/21/2021 9:04:29 PM)
CAO Flathead Steel Horse Apehanger (4/21/2021 9:04:29 PM)
Drew Estate Undercrown Maduro Gran Toro (4/21/2021 9:04:29 PM)
E.P. Carrillo INCH Maduro #62 (4/21/2021 9:04:29 PM)
Mi Querida Triqui Traca No. 552 (4/21/2021 9:04:29 PM)
Plasencia Reserva Original Cortez 5.75 × 56 (4/21/2021 9:04:29 PM)
Southern Draw Jacob's Ladder (4/21/2021 9:04:29 PM)
Southern Draw Kudzu Robusto (4/21/2021 9:04:29 PM)  

Delivery Company:     US Postal Service
Tracking Number:     9405803699300792972172  

Thanks for having me and moderating a great pass!
Ron Strawsburg

05Venturer

Holy Shyte brother  :-0  
Your math skills need some work, must have taken a night class in Geek Math 101.
Thanks a ton for playing Ron.
Hoping this Kills the Rona Indeed, can't say we didn't all do our part.  :thumbsup:
Kent

rstrawsb

I had a hard time with those funny finger bags. I just assumed all the slots had to have a  cigar. After a tense week or two waiting for the box to arrive I put in another cigar for every time a cursed at the Post Office.

Enjoy! :smoker:

Ron Strawsburg

05Venturer

Quoterstrawsb - 4/22/2021  12:06 PM

I had a hard time with those funny finger bags. I just assumed all the slots had to have a  cigar. After a tense week or two waiting for the box to arrive I put in another cigar for every time a cursed at the Post Office.

Enjoy! :smoker:

LOL
and as hard as it is to believe the box is stalled yet one (hopefully) last time
"April 26, 2021
In Transit, Arriving Late
Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility."
WTF USPOS
Kent

rstrawsb

Let me know if they lose it. I insured it for $300 just in case. You would have a hard time replacing them for that but at least it won't be a total loss.
Ron Strawsburg

05Venturer

Quoterstrawsb - 4/27/2021  5:44 PM

Let me know if they lose it. I insured it for $300 just in case. You would have a hard time replacing them for that but at least it won't be a total loss.

Pass made it back safe and sound. Thanks to all that played, I will work on feedback for all in the next few days. :bigthumbs:
Kent

ninfiction

Geez what an adventure that box had. Thankfully it made it through.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

05Venturer

Big thanks to everyone that worked so hard to "Kill the Rona". I believe we were damn successful. Great group of Geeks with really s**tty math skills. LOL.
Thanks again and I hope we all feel a little safer now that the rona is on the downslide.
Have a fantastic 2021 all.
Feedback has been left for all participants.
Kent

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.