Cigar Identfier

Started by live4cigars, 03/18/2021 05:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

live4cigars

Hey all! Anyone know of online resources for identifying cigars? It’s incredibly frustrating not being able to find specifics even from the manufacturer website or all the standard cigar review/news sites.

I have an LFD Litto Gomez Diez that has the standard band with “Dominican puro 2013” on it and can’t find a review with a complete band photo or specific stats anywhere via Google searching. The ONLY match I’ve found was in the database here but it says “Colorado Claro”, not the same size vitola I have (6.25 x 52?), and contains only “Dominican Republic” for each component. I’ve had it for ages, in cello, with $15.75 price tag. So, wondering if there are any other resources I should know about, or if any LFD geeks can provide a definitive answer.

Any help much appreciated! Thx my fellow geeks, Marc.

Brlesq

Its either an LFD, or its a Litto Gomez Diez, but both different brands made by the same guy. A picture would help us determine that.

My guess, without a pic, is that you have a Litto Gomez Diez Vintage 2013 Galego, but that is on the assumption that you have the length correct but not the ring gauge. These would have "Dominican Puro 2013" on them, and retailed for $12.80, so depending on where you bought it, state taxes could make it $15.75.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

live4cigars

Thx for the reply Bruce. Your right. It's definitely the Litto Gomez Diez and ring gauge is 50 or 52 max, so I'm assuming it's the Lusitano vitola that the CigarScanner app found based on the scan, but it didn't ID the extra "Dominican puro 2013" text on the band and there's no closeup photos or any references to that band text anywhere I could find online. Good news is that the app mentions "Colorado Maduro" more accurately than the "claro" mentioned on CigarGeeks database. Since Halfwheel does show the detailed bands for all the similarly banded Small Batch releases and none have this text, I guess I'll have to assume that they placed it on the LG Diez if it can't be confirmed precisely.

Not sure how to include a photo here so maybe this link to what I uploaded to my CigarGeek humidor will work:
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=12033

Beegerply

Halfwheel has one that matches the band from the small batch, its number 5 the only difference is the price. This might be the one  :confused:  :biggrin:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

live4cigars

Thx Byron but these Small Batch releases have different text on the bands. 

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=12034

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.