Ordinary Average Guy PIF Resurrection 2022

Started by 05Venturer, 03/04/2021 06:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adwinistrator

Quotebenchjockey - 10/19/2022  8:19 AM

I'll post a list with the stipulation that the sticks be sent to the Cigars For Troops Drive when it gets underway.
My list is send whatever cigars you think our troops would enjoy.

I can put together a CFT donation.  Give me a few days to dig through the stash.

benchjockey

QuoteAdwinistrator - 10/19/2022  12:07 PM  
Quotebenchjockey - 10/19/2022  8:19 AM  I’ll post a list with the stipulation that the sticks be sent to the Cigars For Troops Drive when it gets underway. My list is send whatever cigars you think our troops would enjoy.
I can put together a CFT donation.  Give me a few days to dig through the stash.

Sounds good. Thank you!

You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

benchjockey

QuoteAdwinistrator - 10/19/2022  12:07 PM  
Quotebenchjockey - 10/19/2022  8:19 AM  I’ll post a list with the stipulation that the sticks be sent to the Cigars For Troops Drive when it gets underway. My list is send whatever cigars you think our troops would enjoy.

I don’t know if there is going to be a CFT drive this year. Why don’t you hold off sending anything for a while.

Adwinistrator

Let me know if you have any other ideas, or just want me to send you a PIF bomb.

benchjockey

Quote from: Adwinistrator on 12/21/2022 09:21 AMLet me know if you have any other ideas, or just want me to send you a PIF bomb.

I can't just step in and receive a PIF. Let's see if I can come up with another idea.

benchjockey

Quote from: Adwinistrator on 12/21/2022 09:21 AMLet me know if you have any other ideas, or just want me to send you a PIF bomb.

You can send the PIF to Emerson as thanks for the great job he did organizing TFT.

benchjockey

Another option would be Paul as a small thank you for this site we all love.

benchjockey

Adwinistrator

Quote from: benchjockey on 12/28/2022 03:52 PM

You can send the PIF to Emerson as thanks for the great job he did organizing TFT.
Quote from: benchjockey on 12/29/2022 11:07 AM

Another option would be Paul as a small thank you for this site we all love.

I like both ideas :D

nickthafish

Anything ever happen with this? Who should this be going to?

benchjockey

Quote from: nickthafish on 02/14/2023 10:45 PMAnything ever happen with this? Who should this be going to?

See Page 3 Post 70

Adwinistrator

I have been a bit busy lately, so if anyone else wants to step in for me I'm fine with that.

raize

Any thoughts on rebooting this? I'd be willing to take point.
An architect's most useful tools are an eraser at the drafting board, and a wrecking bar at the site.
- Frank Lloyd Wright

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=raize

bstessl

Quote from: raize on 01/21/2024 12:47 AMAny thoughts on rebooting this? I'd be willing to take point.

Hey,  if you want to send something to Emerson or Paul (previous ideas) that would be awesome,  after they receive you can post up your list and we can get this going again!
Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

raize

Paul or Emerson, want to post something up? First come/first served?
An architect's most useful tools are an eraser at the drafting board, and a wrecking bar at the site.
- Frank Lloyd Wright

McBryde

Go for it @SenorPablo , this one is all for you brother!

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

raize

Hey Paul, want to post something up so I'm not shooting in the dark?
- Frank Lloyd Wright

SenorPablo

Very cool!  Thanks!  So my issue is that I haven't been branching out in new territories with new sticks in probably the past several years at least.  Life been getting in the way with my 3 teens.  I like the fuller bodied smokes like Fuentes, LP #9, Sobremesa (only had the original one), the older Viajes, Crowned Heads.....so I would love to try some new releases folks might suggest along the same kind of profiles. 

Thanks guys!  Appreciate it!
-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

raize

Got you! Yeah I've got my go-to sticks but I generally like to have a variety of "never tried" stuff on hand as well.  Let me see what I can't find for ya.

Cheers
- Frank Lloyd Wright

raize

En route with tracking # 9400111206210920737069.  Should only take a few days...
- Frank Lloyd Wright

bstessl

Very cool of you to get this going again @raize !

raize

My pleasure.  That which isn't active, dies.
- Frank Lloyd Wright

SenorPablo

Got it from the post office...some great looking sticks.  Can't wait to try them!  Thanks very much @raize !
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

bstessl

Looks like a perfect OAG PIF to me!  @raize post your list!

raize

Glad it was a good hit. As for me...

Long, thin sticks (lancero, corona, etc)
Maduro
Medium to medium-full body)
A bit off the beaten path (ie not Cohiba, Macanudo, Monte, etc)
- Frank Lloyd Wright

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.