CigarGeeks Fantasy Baseball 2021 - 8th Annual

Started by StogieDad, 03/09/2021 08:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caveman Steve

Hey
Curious what happened
As of yesterday, I was 3-0 having come back to win my match up with John on Sunday
As of this morning, it now says I lost.  

Wha Happen????

Scoring correction??

:cry:
"yesterday I did nothing, and today I'm finishing what I did yesterday"

Caveman Steve

You're just too strong Stogiedad

Been hanging on for life all week.

I guess anything can happen today but my gut tells me I'm going down hard.

:shootme:

StogieDad

I thought you had me but some lucky pitching moves pushed me through this week.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

StogieDad

Looks like we have a close one going in to the weeks final few games.  Good luck Brian and David as they come down to the wire.

If you guys can, lets get some packs out for the winners ASAP so I can get them split and back out.  I have John's so far and mine of course, but if everyone could get them out in the next week or so or PM me so I know what is going on I will get the winner and second prize out, along with the All-Star leader that was John.

Thanks guys!
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Kid Montana

Great season everyone, getting married and taking a new job resulted in a corresponding reduction in my team's performance.  Lot of points stayed on the bench this season, but not NEXT YEAR!

I'd rather have a cigar...

ninfiction

Sorry Michael, wasn't sure when to send cigars. I should have asked when I was thinking about it a couple weeks ago. I'll get them packed up tonight.

Great season guys!
This is not the admin you're looking for...

ninfiction

On the way, sorry for the delay.

This is not the admin you're looking for...

Deener27

Quoteninfiction - 10/3/2021  6:00 PM

Sorry Michael, wasn't sure when to send cigars. I should have asked when I was thinking about it a couple weeks ago. I'll get them packed up tonight.

Great season guys!

I can second that.

Will have things boxed and on the way tomorrow.

Thanks for a great season and for running this again!

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"You may run like Mays, but you hit like !@#$." ~Lou Brown in Major League

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

05Venturer

Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

05Venturer

Kent

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Kid Montana

Mine shipped last week, BTW.  I'm out of country on a work trip but my wife dropped the parcel off at the PO.

05Venturer

Kent

05Venturer

BTW, BIG Congrats to the Toilet Monster himself Nirab on the season win  :cool:  :cool:  :party:
Kent

Caveman Steve

Hey guys
Apologies but my wife has been in the hospital for the last 10 days.  Currently in the ICU.  Very difficult time.  Will get mine out when I can but can't commit to a time frame.
She could use all the good vibes we can muster.

Thanks

Deener27

Mine is enroute, sorry for the delay.

Thanks again for a fun year.

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

Deener27

StogieDad

I'm waiting on the last couple and I will get these back out to the winners ASAP!  Great season!
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

Caveman Steve

Mine will finally go out tomorrow.

Thanks to Stogiedad

StogieDad

So I have 7 of the 10 packs in counting mine.  If you have not sent please get it out so I can get the sticks out.  Sorry haven't been around but I want to tidy this up.
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

Caveman Steve

So whatever happened here?  

Have winners received anything yet?

Who if anyone hasn't paid up yet?

Curious minds want to know

Deener27

QuoteCaveman Steve - 1/8/2022  11:16 AM

So whatever happened here?  

Have winners received anything yet?

Who if anyone hasn't paid up yet?

Curious minds want to know

Nothing received here.

Was wondering the same myself.

StogieDad

I am waiting on one pack that has been in touch and they will go out.  Sorry for the delay, but wanted to keep everything whole.  Should be any day.
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

Kid Montana

QuoteStogieDad - 1/10/2022  11:00 AM

I am waiting on one pack that has been in touch and they will go out.  Sorry for the delay, but wanted to keep everything whole.  Should be any day.

Not to be a hard ass, but anyone this late should not be invited to participate next year.

nirab

QuoteKid Montana - 1/11/2022  1:04 PM

QuoteStogieDad - 1/10/2022  11:00 AM

Not to be a hard ass, but anyone this late should not be invited to participate next year.

I think this is an option, but, we should consider why the delay occurred. These are strange times, and something may of happened that legitimately created this delay...
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Deener27

The Eagle has landed with the 2nd place cigars.

Thanks for running this again this past year Mike.

Hopefully, we will have a season next year...maybe...hoping :confused:

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.