Humidor Recommendations

Started by Stogie Joe, 04/23/2021 11:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stogie Joe

I'm constantly jumping on cigar sales and buying more cigars than my humidor will hold and end up using cans and zip lock Baggies with pillows and sticks. I'm ready to got a humidor that will hold it all. I'm wanting to stay around $1000, but might be willing to go up for the right reasons.

All suggestions are welcome. Help me out, guys.

nirab

I have a tower humidor, which I felt would be big enough...but it ain't! However, it was for a while. If you have that kind of budget, a tower would be my recommendation. Just remember, you will probably outgrow it!!  :biggrin:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Brlesq

I have the same one as nirab.  Its called the Tower of Power Humidor and sells for right around $1,000 delivered.  These used to be a lot cheaper, but supply and demand during the COVID stay-at-home period has many suppliers out of stock, and the price is up for those that still have humidors.  You will also need to spend a couple of hundred on some sort of active humidifaction, like an Oasis or a Hydra.

The claim is that it can hold 3,000 cigars . . . it cannot.  But it does hold a lot of them, maybe 2,000.  :biggrin:

Bonus is that the wife is happier with a piece of furniture rather than bags and coolidors all over the place. In fact, buying it was her idea! :angel:

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Stogie Joe

I was looking at one from 1st class humidors. Anyone owned one of their cabinets?

Stogie Joe

Are you sure about the $1000 price delivered? The cheapest I could find was around $1150 and around $210 for the Cigar Oasis humidifier.

ninfiction

I also have the Tower similar to Brian and Bruce. The layout of drawers and shelves is slightly different but same look. I use a Hydra LG I believe with a couple computer fans for more air circulation. Got it off of Craigslist a few years ago for $200. It's amazing how fast they fill up, kind of a "you build, they will come" situation.

Actually mine is more like this except the drawer at the very bottom is under the top shelf. https://www.1stclasshumidors.com/cigar-humidors/discount-humidors/1500-cigar-cabinet-humidor.html
This is not the admin you're looking for...

rstrawsb

I have one of these I purchased from them https://www.1stclasshumidors.com/cigar-humidors/discount-humidors/the-oxford-freestandinghumidor.html It came shipped very well packaged and the glass doors weren't damaged. It's not big enough but it seems to hold humidity well. .
Ron Strawsburg

"When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." Charles H. Spurgeon

Adwinistrator

I know it's not a decorative piece of furniture, but I'd highly recommend getting some plastic storage bins with lid seals for any boxes you plan on tucking away for a while.  Might help make a smaller but nicer cabinet humidor an option for displaying the cigars you plan on smoking.

Probably the most reliable and easy to maintain humidor I have ever owned.  Might change the Boveda pack once a year if that.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.