No Joy From Famous Smoke

Started by Koop, 06/30/2021 06:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Koop

I received a message from SenorPablo on June 4th advising me I'd won the May points contest and to watch for an e-mail from Famous Smoke Shop. On June 26th I messaged SenorPablo to tell him I hadn't received anything from FSS. I haven't heard back from him. I called the customer service number at FSS on the 28th and was told I'd reached a call center for orders or to report problems on orders and they didn't know anything about a Cigars Geeks contest or promotion.

I appreciate the effort that goes into running the contest, but something is amiss here.

05Venturer

Are you sure that you weren't supposed to get the email from Paul.
That's the norm.
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Koop

SenorPablo said it would come from FSS - he didn't mention anyone named Paul.

Koop

Kent - you had it right. I just searched through my Spam folder again and there's an e-mail saying Paul Hummler sent me a gift certificate. Thanks for teh hellp!

rstrawsb

Geeks to the rescue! I love when a plan comes together. :bigthumbs:
Ron Strawsburg

"When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name." Charles H. Spurgeon

Brlesq

QuoteKoop - 6/30/2021  10:03 PM

SenorPablo is Paul
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

SenorPablo

Glad it worked out.  I can always call them again and have them resend it if necessary (sometimes more than once.)  It happens sometimes.

Cheers!
-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

05Venturer

QuoteKoop - 6/30/2021  9:03 PM

:confused:  :lmao:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.