October 2021 Member Sponsored Geek Critique

Started by Brlesq, 09/03/2021 04:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brlesq

Friendly reminder:  This is due today. Smoke it while you watch the Ryder Cup or a football game, but please get your critiques in!
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

klamm143

Just a few hours left - FIRE 'EM UP!!!!!!!
Kevin R. Lamm

It is what it is - and these things too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone - but IT WILL PASS.

BewareDaPenguin

"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

BewareDaPenguin

Great reviews fellas :smoker: saw I had a similar experience as a couple of you guys :thumbsup:
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

Brlesq

Scores and reviews were pretty consistent. Thanks to everyone that participated, and thanks to Kevin for sponsoring this one.

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

klamm143

OK Geeksters......, This one is now officially "in the books". Feedback has been submitted for all the participants. Another THANK YOU to ALL, particularly for the short turn around time. A SPECIAL THANK YOU to Michael. View his feedback comment to see why he gets "double points" - LOL. Looking back over the reviews, I was sorta' shocked to see the close scores and similarity in several of the reviews. It seems many of us do have similar flavor profiles, and sometimes run across a cigar that is relatively consistent with all 5 reviewers. My score on the stick fell in at 87, and I thought is started out "flavorful" then mellowed out in the middle, with flavors picking back up towards the end. I thought it was a good stick but not great. I might would buy it again, if I were just trying it out the first time. HOWEVER - since I purchased a whole box about 7 months ago, I guess I'll be enjoying several of them soon. I did think the wrappers had several small to medium veins, and I was worried that the burn would be erratic and uneven. It all turned out OK, and overall I thought is was a pleasurable cigar, but something a little different than what I was use to in the Henry Clay series. Take care folks and STAY SAFE.
Kevin R. Lamm

It is what it is - and these things too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone - but IT WILL PASS.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.