Inaugural Pass of 2022

Started by 05Venturer, 12/31/2021 09:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nirab

I found his profile on FB, and sent a message to him...

https://www.facebook.com/michael.teare.35
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Adwinistrator

Mautrak

You hate to see this, but the potential options aren't good.  He had no feedback on here, so maybe it was just a scheme to get a box of cigars for free and he's now gone forevermore.  Or maybe he planned on passing it along, but it had too many good cigars to pass up, so he's just keeping it, and again, gone forevermore.  You hate to think it's one of those, as that makes him a bad person.  So the alternative is that he's suddenly and unexpectedly ill and in the hospital with no access to a smartphone or computer so he can't log on or respond to emails.  But you would never wish that someone was suddenly and horribly ill.  

But the other options aren't too likely.  He just forgot he has a box with hundreds of dollars of cigars sitting in his house and is going about his life without going online or checking email? He got called away for work for more than a week to a place with no computers, phones, or Internet access?  Abducted by aliens?  Was knocked off a ship while with Goldie Hawn due to a rogue wave and has amnesia while he sits on a deserted island with a volleyball (a mix up of Overboard and Castaway)?

So we're left hoping he had a sudden and unexpected illness that causes nine days offline and then a sudden and full recovery?

Brlesq

QuoteMautrak - 3/23/2022  6:53 PM

You hate to see this, but the potential options aren't good.  He had no feedback on here, so maybe it was just a scheme to get a box of cigars for free and he's now gone forevermore.  Or maybe he planned on passing it along, but it had too many good cigars to pass up, so he's just keeping it, and again, gone forevermore.  You hate to think it's one of those, as that makes him a bad person.  So the alternative is that he's suddenly and unexpectedly ill and in the hospital with no access to a smartphone or computer so he can't log on or respond to emails.  But you would never wish that someone was suddenly and horribly ill.  

But the other options aren't too likely.  He just forgot he has a box with hundreds of dollars of cigars sitting in his house and is going about his life without going online or checking email? He got called away for work for more than a week to a place with no computers, phones, or Internet access?  Abducted by aliens?  Was knocked off a ship while with Goldie Hawn due to a rogue wave and has amnesia while he sits on a deserted island with a volleyball (a mix up of Overboard and Castaway)?

So we're left hoping he had a sudden and unexpected illness that causes nine days offline and then a sudden and full recovery?

My fingers are still crossed that its nothing so nefarious, and that he had something else in life get in the way for the moment and forgot he had an obligation here.

Or, it could just be this . . .
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Adwinistrator

QuoteBrlesq - 3/23/2022  7:08 PM

My fingers are still crossed that its nothing so nefarious, and that he had something else in life get in the way for the moment and forgot he had an obligation here.

Or, it could just be this . . .

05Venturer

OK everyone here is an update, and not a good one from what I can tell.
I have reached out to Michael (aka MrMoke) in everyway I can think of other than flying down to TX, the price of the cigars in the box makes it almost worth it.
I have texted several times and gotten 1 response until I told him who I was and what I wanted then crickets on his end.
I have messaged him on FB, zero response.
I have emailed him to 2 different known emails I was able to find via online searches.
I am going to try calling him and see if he picks up. I am 95% certain the numbers I have are valid numbers and I have the correct person.

I apologize in advance if this continues this path to everyone who has put cigars in the pass and they have gone missing. I tried to give a guy a shot on his first pass since he joined geeks 12 years ago but it looks like that may have been a mistake. I still try to believe most people are good until I am shown otherwise. We do know he has the pass as that was his last post here on the forum some time ago.
If he truly is in a dire situation I could understand it , but from the looks of things that may not be the case.
This will definitely change the way I do passes in the future.
Sadly this was not a birthday surprise I wanted, this landed at MrMokes house on my birthday :cry:
Again I apologize to all involved and am doing everything I can to get this fixed.  :shamebag:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

05Venturer

OK I have left messages on cell and landline this morning as well.

If anyone is near Fulshear TX maybe someone could do a welfare check.
Kent

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

BewareDaPenguin

Man I feel so bad for everyone in the pass, especially you Kent. I sure hope it turns up! I run a few passes myself so always hate to see things like this happen...again I'm hoping for the best for all involved
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

shakinghorizons

Quotenirab - 3/22/2022  3:59 PM

What is his address? I will drive down there and check on our cigars...

About 2 hours from you.

6011 Sprigg St, Fulshear, TX 77441

Looking at GIS data, it appears the property is still owned by him.

Teare Michael & Lynda A
Parcel Attributes

Parcel ID: 6075-00-000-0360-901
Quick Reference ID: R154954
CAD Map Number: Z-017, Z-018
Instrument Number: 9745354
Address: 6011 Sprigg ST, Fulshear, TX 77441
Appraised Total Value: 711,310.00
Building Value: 235,080.00
Land Value: 476,230.00
Owner: Teare Michael & Lynda A
Owner Address: 6011 SPRIGG ST,
FULSHEAR, TX 77441-6329
Legal Description: NORTH FULSHEAR EST, LOT 36 (PT) & LOT 37 (PT), ACRES 8.3
Link: fbcad.org

05Venturer

Quoteshakinghorizons - 3/24/2022  8:30 AM

About 2 hours from you.

Teare Michael & Lynda A
Parcel Attributes

FULSHEAR, TX 77441-6329

I just got off the phone with the county police dept. they are on their way out to do a welfare check
Kent

shakinghorizons

Quote05Venturer - 3/24/2022  7:50 AM

I just got off the phone with the county sheriff's dept. they are on their way out to do a welfare check

I have no skin in the game but this really pisses me off.

:censored:

Maybe hit up his wife on FB if everything checks out with the sheriff. I don't have FB, so not sure if this is even her, but worth a try. https://m.facebook.com/lynda.teare

05Venturer

Quoteshakinghorizons - 3/24/2022  8:54 AM

Quote05Venturer - 3/24/2022  7:50 AM

I just got off the phone with the county sheriff's dept. they are on their way out to do a welfare check

I have no skin in the game but this really pisses me off.

:censored:

Maybe hit up his wife on FB if everything checks out with the sheriff. I don't have FB, so not sure if this is even her, but worth a try. https://m.facebook.com/lynda.teare

This is him  https://www.facebook.com/michael.teare.35

Kent

ninfiction

This is not the admin you're looking for...

Brlesq

Quoteshakinghorizons - 3/24/2022  9:54 AM

I don't have FB, so not sure if this is even her, but worth a try. https://m.facebook.com/lynda.teare

I don't use FB either, but your link says she's from New Zealand.  :?:

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

05Venturer

Quote05Venturer - 3/24/2022  8:50 AM

About 2 hours from you.

Teare Michael & Lynda A
Parcel Attributes

FULSHEAR, TX 77441-6329

I just got off the phone with the county police dept. they are on their way out to do a welfare check

Well I have heard nothing from the sheriffs office as of yet but left a couple more messages on cell and landline numbers and will continue to do so until I am either blocked or get an answer.
Kent

Beegerply

Quote05Venturer - 3/24/2022  10:20 PM

About 2 hours from you.

Teare Michael & Lynda A
Parcel Attributes

FULSHEAR, TX 77441-6329

Well I have heard nothing from the sheriffs office as of yet but left a couple more messages on cell and landline numbers and will continue to do so until I am either blocked or get an answer.

Maybe we all should call and leave messages  :confused:  :biggrin:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

05Venturer

QuoteBeegerply - 3/25/2022  11:48 AM

Quote05Venturer - 3/24/2022  10:20 PM

About 2 hours from you.

Teare Michael & Lynda A
Parcel Attributes

FULSHEAR, TX 77441-6329

Maybe we all should call and leave messages  :confused:  :biggrin:

281-533-9493
Kent

bstessl

At all hours of the day/night.  Call him whenever, never know if he's on midnights... Lol
Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

05Venturer

Quotebstessl - 3/25/2022  10:00 PM

At all hours of the day/night.  Call him whenever, never know if he's on midnights... Lol
Called him tonight while we were on a herf and he actually answered, as soon as I told him who I was he quit talking but stayed on the line.
He got pretty quiet but didn't hang up. hopefully he will learn to be a little more chatty tomorrow.
Kent

05Venturer

Quote05Venturer - 3/13/2022  11:47 AM

QuoteMrMoke - 3/12/2022  5:34 PM

Sorry, guys, been a busy week!  Received!  Man what a great selection of sticks.
I'll do my takes and puts this evening / tomorrow and pass it Monday morning's mail.

Excellent, sounds good brother, thanks for the update

Seems I (we) have been lied to fellas.  :angry:

If anyone is curious to ask him about the situation    281-533-9493    :shy:
Kent

headfirst

I'm not in this pass but have been watching with my popcorn.  Seems like maybe the authorities could get involved in a different way and nirab could be there to collect the cigars on your behalf Kent.  I'd hate to see this clown get away with this stunt. :nono:
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

appollo

I hope he feels its all worth it to him.It says alot of what he is like with other people.,that he can't be trusted.Must have a very small circle of friends who must be like him,nobody would trust anyone. :-0

05Venturer

Kent

junglepete

Oh my. I Just saw this thread. It really sucks!! I am hoping this guy realizes that the consequences of his actions are not worth it and that he will just put the cigars in the mail to the next address on the list. Does he really want his wife involved, and the police, and whatever other fallout comes from this. Come on Mr. Moke, man up and do the right thing before it's too late.
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

junglepete

I called his number. No answer, just a recording. He has an accent. Aussie, British, New Zealand? I emailed his wife and I am waiting on a response. I do not think they are a young couple. Early 70's?
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.