June 2022 Member Sponsored Geek Critique

Started by Brlesq, 04/04/2022 10:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brlesq

This Geek Critique has been generously sponsored by BewareDaPenguin (Adam).

The Cigar: Camacho American Barrel-Aged Toro (Adam has aged these in his humidor for 1233 Days!)

The Specs:
Wrapper: Connecticut Broadleaf
Binder: United States
Filler: United States
Country of Origin: Dominican Republic
Strength: Medium-Full
Size: 6" x 50

Shipping: US addresses only

Due Date: May 25, 2022

The Hype:
This cigar features an American-heavy tobacco blend and use of an ever growing popular trend, barrel aging, with filler tobacco being placed in Kentucky bourbons barrels for five months. Barrel aging is a very tedious and hands-on process. They are aging around 2,000 lbs of Corojo filler tobacco and rotating the barrels one leaf at a time every few weeks. Each batch takes a full five months to complete and requires constant attention to ensure the proper journey for this special tobacco.

The Reviewers:
Initially, volunteers should be Veteran status or higher and not doing the May review. This critique will be due by May 25, so please take into account your schedule and only volunteer if you are prepared to turn it in on time. If you are interested, please indicate so in the forum below and we will make the final selection.

1.  Beegerply
2.  Deener27
3.  ninfiction
4.  junglepete
5.  klamm143

Note[/i]: A reviewer who posts their review late will receive neutral feedback. A reviewer who does not post at all will receive negative feedback. There are always exceptions to the rule and a reasonable excuse for tardiness or a no show will be respected and thus not counted against the reviewer. Our sponsoring members and our administrators make the choice of who is to participate in any particular Geek Critique and can be better informed of their choices with this initiative in place.

Thanks again to BewareDaPenguin for providing the cigar on such short notice! And thank you to the reviewers.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

BewareDaPenguin

I'll do my best to get these out quickly so they can re-acclimate before the due date, they should be smoking real good :smoker:
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

Beegerply

I would like to be on the list to try if you will have me.  :biggrin:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

BewareDaPenguin

QuoteBeegerply - 4/5/2022  10:10 AM

I don't think so :biggrin: we don't take to kindly to your folk round here lol...absolutely brother your in...I will hand deliver the stick or of course your always welcome to come down to me Casa :smoker: thanks for stepping up Byron, I'm guessing these sticks will smoke up really well man

Beegerply

QuoteBewareDaPenguin - 4/4/2022  8:08 PM

QuoteBeegerply - 4/5/2022  10:10 AM

I don't think so :biggrin: we don't take to kindly to your folk round here lol...absolutely brother your in...I will hand deliver the stick or of course your always welcome to come down to me Casa :smoker: thanks for stepping up Byron, I'm guessing these sticks will smoke up really well man
I will get in touch with you before end of week.
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

ninfiction

I'd be down to let this one tickle my senses.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

Deener27

I'd be willing to give this one a go if you'll have me.

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"You may run like Mays, but you hit like !@#$." ~Lou Brown in Major League

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

BewareDaPenguin

Ninfiction & Deener you guys are in, thanks!! :smoker:

Deener27

QuoteBewareDaPenguin - 4/6/2022  5:31 PM

Ninfiction & Deener you guys are in, thanks!! :smoker:

Thanks Adam!

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

ninfiction

BewareDaPenguin

Need a couple more brave geeks to step up and then I can get these boxes put together :smoker: per the description I've had these stored away for a while. I'd like to get them out so they can re-acclimate in your personal humidor before you smoke it :thumbsup: thanks again to those who have volunteered!

junglepete

I'll take a stab at it if there is still space. Thanks for sponsoring on short notice!
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

klamm143

Hey fellas...I just did the April Critique. I will jump in on this if you have trouble filling it. The Camacho brand is one of my favorites (profile, flavor and pricing), so I understand if you select others to participate and "become" a Camacho Fan..
Kevin R. Lamm

It is what it is - and these things too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone - but IT WILL PASS.

BewareDaPenguin

Awesome we are full! I'll get these boxed up and shipped out next week thank you! Pete & Klamm you guys are in, thanks again. Will be a fun review! Great group of geeks in on this :smoker: I want to get this show on the road and get these sent out, appreciate it again

junglepete

Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

klamm143

Kevin R. Lamm

It is what it is - and these things too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone - but IT WILL PASS.

BewareDaPenguin

These went out this morning :smoker:

9114 9022 0078 9900 1692 69 - Deener
9114 9022 0078 9900 1692 76 - Klamm
9114 9022 0078 9900 1692 83 - Pete
9114 9022 0078 9900 1692 90 - Ninfiction

Byron I make arrangements to get you the stick next week, we will figure something out. Thanks again to all, looking forward to seeing how these review! :smoker:

Murphy223

Interested if I'm not too Late!

BewareDaPenguin

QuoteMurphy223 - 4/9/2022  4:41 PM

Interested if I'm not too Late!

Sorry bro we are full! Surprisingly this filled up pretty quickly and I was wanting them to get on the road! Thank you for volunteering, I will try sponsor a critique next year and will keep you in mind! Thanks again to all :smoker:

junglepete

Package arrived safely. Thanks for the bodyguards Adam!
Guru of Frugality

Brlesq

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

ninfiction

Mine arrived today also. Thanks Adam!

Deener27

Mine arrived yesterday.  Looking forward to doing this critique.

Thanks for having me.

BewareDaPenguin

Awesome sounds like they are arriving safely! The hitchhikers were "considered" for the review but Bruce thought the Camacho would make for the best review but I threw those in, in hopes to read some reviews on them someday :smoker: happy to get them there soon so they can rest and enjoyed with plenty of time! Thanks again to all!

klamm143

Arrived today - in great shape - along with some friends.................Thanks Adam!!!
Kevin R. Lamm

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.