2022 FFL Cigar Geeks (looking for a new commish this year)

Started by johncw, 07/23/2022 01:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nirab

The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

johncw

Quotenirab - 8/15/2022  8:34 PM

When will the draft order be set?

Last couple of years I've just set it to auto generate an order right before the draft... If everyone would like to know before hand we can certainly do that as well.

johncw

QuoteBewareDaPenguin - 8/15/2022  8:25 PM

QuoteIndyGopher - 8/15/2022  6:01 PM

Thanks, John!  Monday 9/5 works for me (my birthday, actually...so I assume you'll all go easy on me!).  

For scoring, did we include the following last year?

Kickoff and Punt Return Yards:1 point per 25 yards
Kickoff and Punt Return Touchdowns:6 points

It's pretty unusual to give points to individual players for return stuff (usually just TDs to the Defense and ST's), but I'm all for trying something new.  Just might change the research I do...

Yup we've always played this rule, it's why Tyreek Hill and Cordell Patterson had some real good value there a couple of years lol - there's still a few "dual threat guys" - one of the little things we do differently :smoker:

Sept 5th works for me as well John! Thanks again for keeping this going! And as for my real my real brother, this is fantasy football bro, 2nd place is the 1st Loser, put your game face on lol :biggrin:

"If you ain't first your last"

I didn't make any changes to any scoring or positions. If we roll with 10 we can add another flex spot if everyone is agreeable.

Cfickter

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

jharrisx5

Puff Puff Give....

Caveman Steve

I'm good for September 5th.  

Does everyone realize that it's Labor Day?
"yesterday I did nothing, and today I'm finishing what I did yesterday"

nirab

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

Cfickter

Quotejharrisx5 - 8/17/2022  10:30 AM  Did you say May 5th? 

LOL gotta love autocorrect 

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

johncw

We can go for 5 May 5th 2023. I'll have to get a move on it next year. I also can't guarantee your entire team won't be out with a torn something. Or suspended.

BewareDaPenguin

Yeah it's looking like 10...that's cool...I'm guessing we can start sending sticks now bro?
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

nickthafish

My cigars are going out today

nirab

Hey everyone. Is there any chance of us pushing the draft time to 9pm? I've had something come up, and will not be available until after 8pm.

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

Caveman Steve

i thought it was 9 pm

IndyGopher

Yeah I think it's currently 9 pm Eastern. If the request is to move to be 9 pm central, I'd really rather not but will go with the group since I'm the outsider here :-). Have a good afternoon all!

Caveman Steve

QuoteIndyGopher - 9/5/2022  2:34 PM

Yeah I think it's currently 9 pm Eastern. If the request is to move to be 9 pm central, I'd really rather not but will go with the group since I'm the outsider here :-). Have a good afternoon all!
Likewise,  9 is late for me already.  Up at 5 am.

jharrisx5

Have we decided to keep it at the current time (9pm Eastern)?  Just want to make sure I'm on...only supposed to be 110 F outside at that time here in balmy California...LOL...Looks like I'll be chilling in the house without a cigar this year.
Puff Puff Give....

johncw

It is 9pm eastern. Not sure I can change it even if we wanted to. Or we could split the difference to 930eastern. Last year it took about 1 hr to complete. I'll go with the consensus here.

jharrisx5

I'd suggest we leave it as it is...

Once question...are we doing a video chat as well?  Been forever since I did one but I thought Google Hangouts was dead...how are folks herfing nowadays?
Puff Puff Give....

Cfickter

Hangouts has been a pain to run lately.

BewareDaPenguin

I'm central so it's 8pm for me, I can for sure understand the East Coast time geeks not wanting to shift more, it does go pretty quick. I'm fine either way...I get up early as well, but again I'm central time so it's not as a big of deal to me, if good with whatever everybody wants to do :smoker: happy Labor Day!!! And good luck!!! :smoker:

nirab

Thank you for considering a change. I will get there as soon as possible

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

Caveman Steve

Smooth draft.

Thanks John for organizing

Good luck evertbody!

Caveman Steve

Hey John
Having trouble getting the app to work on my phone.
Worked last year
Can you give me the League ID and Password?

Thanks in advance!

GO BIRDS!

BewareDaPenguin

Got the sticks out today John :thumbsup: thanks again for running, appreciate you keeping this together for so long, it's always a fun league

Caveman Steve

Crazy week of football!!!.  So many great finishes.
Getting my ass kicked but..........

Anyway

My sticks will go out this week.  Probably Thursday morning.

Good luck all

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.