2022 FFL Cigar Geeks (looking for a new commish this year)

Started by johncw, 07/23/2022 01:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BewareDaPenguin

Quote from: chief791 on 07/26/2023 04:49 PMSure hope we are doing ffl this year. Let me know.

I had a note a couple months ago the league being setup...I know John has been busy, and was going to step aside being Commish, but decided to stick it out the last couple of years, I hope so as well, always a fun league :smoker:
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

Bob Cordell

"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

BewareDaPenguin

Quote from: Bob Cordell on 07/27/2023 12:05 PMGot any room left?

We were at 10 it would be great to get back to 12 - we will see if John is going to keep this going!! He's been a super solid Commish!!

Bob Cordell

Is this a PPR league?
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

BewareDaPenguin

Quote from: Bob Cordell on 07/28/2023 07:43 AMIs this a PPR league?

It's been 0.5 for the last few years...again John"s been the Commish for as long as I can remember so I hope we can keep it going...

johncw

Hey everyone, sorry I've just had a lot going on. I'd like to see if anyone would be interested in taking over the commissioner's spot moving forward? I believe I can assign co commissioner's duties and then remove myself. So please let me know if you are interested and would love to see this get back to 12 teams.

John

nirab

I just don't have the time, or I would step up. Anyone out there willing to? I will offer up a 10pk to the new commish who commits...yes, cigar bribery!! :biggrin:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

BewareDaPenguin

Quote from: nirab on 08/12/2023 12:53 PMI just don't have the time, or I would step up. Anyone out there willing to? I will offer up a 10pk to the new commish who commits...yes, cigar bribery!! :biggrin:

I'll kick in a 5"er for the new Commish as well. I'm starting a special assignment out of town for work in November...be great to get back to 12 teams, need a new geek!

StogieDad

To keep it together, I don't mind running it, as long as everyone is fine with the way I run baseball.  I am not on as much anymore, I am available, but there's not a ton of daily hands on, I let the league run and pay up when its over.  If that is cool, I don't mind keeping the band together.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

BewareDaPenguin

Quote from: StogieDad on 08/21/2023 09:55 AMTo keep it together, I don't mind running it, as long as everyone is fine with the way I run baseball.  I am not on as much anymore, I am available, but there's not a ton of daily hands on, I let the league run and pay up when its over.  If that is cool, I don't mind keeping the band together.

Sounds good to me brother, thanks!

nirab

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

Cfickter

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

BewareDaPenguin

We got 2 weeks to pick up 1 more geek to make this 12 again!!! Who wants to play!!! :smoker:

chief791

"Well now I'm no hero, That's understood
All the redemption I can offer, girl, Is beneath this dirty hood"
From Thunder Road by Bruce Springsteen

"Give me a diablo sandwich, a Dr. Pepper, and make it quick, I'm in a god-damn hurry."

Buford T. Justice

BewareDaPenguin

We've got no traction on this to pick up another geek. I'm in enough fantasy leagues already. As much as I love this league, and playing with everyone it's just not as fun with 10 teams. We honestly, if you look at the calendar, only have 11 days to pick a draft time we can agree on, and get another geek to make it a full 12. I'll step aside and let Mr Cordell play, and he'd make 10. I'll still shoot you over a 5"er Stogie for stepping up and trying to keep this together if you guys end up having a league. That was a solid move brother, it's a shame, but it seems like the interest has really fallen off the past 2 years. It's fine it happens to these leagues all the time. Again, I'd really prefer not to play another year of 10 teams. Good luck to all, it's been a fun ride for sure I'd love to see it keep going, but there's just not enough interest it seems. Thanks again! John you've been an amazing Commish! Stogie I'm sure you'll make a great Commish as well! Again good luck to all!

BewareDaPenguin

I can't speak for my brother IndyGopher, but he doesn't smoke cigars much at all anymore and I picked him up a couple of years ago to help fill this league. Again I can't speak for him, I'll reach out and see if he wants to play, but I'd guess if I'm getting out, then he probably won't want to be in either. I text him n ask him to post. Thanks again to all for trying to keep this league going. Just doesn't look like it's going to happen. No traction all month, it really is a shame. Thanks again John & good luck to the rest of you guys!

IndyGopher

Hey everyone, I just talked with Adam and I'm going to bow out this since he's not playing.  I've not been active in the cigar world for a while anyway, so it seems like the right time to step away. Appreciate you guys letting me play the past couple years and hope you enjoyed my sticks since I never won lol!

chief791

Well I guess it doesn't look good for our league. Hopefully we can pull it off but it doesn't look good. I'm still in if we can fill the slots up. Im fine with a 10 team league. Still Don't have a draft day.
"Well now I'm no hero, That's understood
All the redemption I can offer, girl, Is beneath this dirty hood"
From Thunder Road by Bruce Springsteen

"Give me a diablo sandwich, a Dr. Pepper, and make it quick, I'm in a god-damn hurry."

Buford T. Justice

nirab

the only permanence is impermanence...it was a good run... :-)

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

jharrisx5

Hey y'all...are we doing this?  I'm totally in if we do but we are running out of time...10 teams is fine with me!
Puff Puff Give....

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.