December 2022 Member Sponsored Geek Critique - Blind Review

Started by Brlesq, 10/18/2022 08:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brlesq

Quoteappollo - 11/23/2022  7:07 AM

Received mine today along with some body guards, thank you Ryan .I hope the review stick smokes as good as it smells.

Speedy delivery to GWN.

Critique due date has been extended to December 1.  Enjoy! :smoker:
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Adwinistrator

Quoteappollo - 11/23/2022  7:07 AM

Received mine today along with some body guards, thank you Ryan .I hope the review stick smokes as good as it smells.

Excellent, glad they made it there quickly.

Hope everyone enjoys the cigars!  Can't wait to hear what you all think.

nirab

QuoteBrlesq - 10/30/2022  2:13 PM

Since the 25th is Black Friday, lets extend the deadline a day to the 26th to get these critiques turned in. Enjoy them, everyone!

I will submit my review tomorrow. Thanks Bruce!!
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

ntanner

Got mine in, thanks for letting me participate in this one.  Interested to see what everyone else thought about it and what it is.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

headfirst

Review submitted, thanks again Ryan, looking forward to the reveal!
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

appollo

nirab

The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Brlesq

Quotenirab - 12/5/2022  3:55 PM

is the GC not getting posted this month???

Sorry, a little behind but that's because we gave all of the reviewers an extra 5 days to turn them in.  Stay tuned . . .

Bruce
Chief Enabler 

ntanner

QuoteBrlesq - 12/5/2022  1:14 PM

Sorry, a little behind but that's because we gave all of the reviewers an extra 5 days to turn them in.  Stay tuned . . .

Great excuse work Bruce.  I knew those extra days were not do to you being nice, just wasn't sure how they would be used but now it all makes sense.  :lmao:

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Brlesq

Quotentanner - 12/5/2022  5:08 PM

QuoteBrlesq - 12/5/2022  1:14 PM

Great excuse work Bruce.  I knew those extra days were not do to you being nice, just wasn't sure how they would be used but now it all makes sense.  :lmao:

Bruce
Chief Enabler 

headfirst

Costa Rican!  That was a tough one to guess.  Thanks again Ryan, it was interesting to see how different my flavor experience was from the others but how consistent the construction was across the board.
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

Brlesq

The guesses were:

100% Dominican Churchill   
Cohiba (Cuban) Coronas Especiales   
Espinosa Warzone Rabito   
Black Works Studio Intergalactic (LE) Corona Larga   
100% Dominican Churchill
Bruce
Chief Enabler 

Adwinistrator

Quoteheadfirst - 12/5/2022  7:52 PM

Costa Rican!  That was a tough one to guess.  Thanks again Ryan, it was interesting to see how different my flavor experience was from the others but how consistent the construction was across the board.

I am glad everyone enjoyed the cigar, and look forward to reading the reviews!

This was not a blind review people were supposed to be able to guess, but a very unique blend I enjoy from one of my favorite manufacturers, where no preconceptions would let the leaf speak for itself.

I like seeing guesses of Dominican, Cuban, and Nicaraguan!  It's a complex blend with a lot going on.  Definitely recommend trying any Casdagli, but especially the Club Mareva blends.

appollo

Thanks Ryan for including me in this.Its a brand I have never had but now will keep an eye out for

metalhead y cigarguy

QuoteBrlesq - 12/5/2022  5:45 PM  The guesses were:  100% Dominican Churchill    Cohiba (Cuban) Coronas Especiales    Espinosa Warzone Rabito    Black Works Studio Intergalactic (LE) Corona Larga    100% Dominican Churchill

I didn't make an educated guess as I was completely dump founded on this one.  I just selected the first cigar on the list "100 Dominican Churchill" as I wasn't even going to venture a guess.  At times I was thinking maybe Arturo Fuente but as the smoke progressed those thoughts went away.  I stopped trying to figure it out and just enjoyed the cigar.  

Thanks again Ryan for letting me enjoy this cigar.  Nice reviews everyone.  

I'm a Guru playing a Guru disguised as another Guru. 

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=metalhead+y+cigarguy

Instagram: metalhead_cigarguy

ntanner

Well I was clueless as usual.  Would never have guessed Coasta Rican origins. Thanks for letting me participate in this one,  very enjoyable.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.