Welcome to the new CigarGeeks!

Started by SenorPablo, 12/16/2022 10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SenorPablo

Well folks we finally made it here.  It's been a long road of development and testing over several years - with many starts and stops as life kept getting in the way.  We should now see a more modern, stable and better performing site along with all the latest security enhancements, including the long awaited HTTPS security.  This also moves us to a more modern, supportable, and extensible technology stack, which could lead to more new functionality being added easier and quicker.

Play around with it and get used to the new bells and whistles that come with it.  Try out the new @mentions available in posts now for alerting specific users.  If you come across any issues, please let me know.

Otherwise, enjoy!
-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

Cfickter

Looks great Pablo!  If we find anything do u want them notes here or PM you?
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

SenorPablo

Quote from: Cfickter on 12/17/2022 07:45 AMLooks great Pablo!  If we find anything do u want them notes here or PM you?

Welcome Chuck!  Glad to see people are finding there way here finally.  Reaching out either way is fine.
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

appollo

05Venturer

Fantastic Paul, looks great so far. Thank you for this site.
Merry Christmas
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Brlesq

Hey, looks like we made it to the other side!  Layout seems to be intuitive and the site looks crisp.  Great job Paul!

Issue: While I was poking around, I deleted a cigar from my Wish List humidor, and while it deleted the cigar, it also kicked me out of my humidor.  I re-entered and deleted a second cigar with the same result.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

tuck0411

Getting a "Database error" when trying to upload a picture to my gallery.  Same error when uploading the full size pic or after reducing it to the previous limit of 100 kb from the old site.
Todd

"Those sticks won't smoke themselves..." -- OZZ

nkowal

New site looks great, and definitely noticed the uptick in speed of loading as well. :dancing:

SenorPablo

Quote from: tuck0411 on 12/17/2022 11:43 AMGetting a "Database error" when trying to upload a picture to my gallery.  Same error when uploading the full size pic or after reducing it to the previous limit of 100 kb from the old site.

Hi @tuck0411.  I saw it come through.  The new system sends me alerts when errors happen - another nice benefit.  The one you were getting had to do with the size of the title being too large.  I changed the form so that it limits the size to match the DB.  So you should be good now.  Please let me know.

-Paul

tuck0411

Quote from: SenorPablo on 12/17/2022 12:32 PM
Quote from: tuck0411 on 12/17/2022 11:43 AMGetting a "Database error" when trying to upload a picture to my gallery.  Same error when uploading the full size pic or after reducing it to the previous limit of 100 kb from the old site.

Hi @tuck0411.  I saw it come through.  The new system sends me alerts when errors happen - another nice benefit.  The one you were getting had to do with the size of the title being too large.  I changed the form so that it limits the size to match the DB.  So you should be good now.  Please let me know.

-Paul

Yep, working now, thanks.
Todd

tuck0411

Another potential issue - under the "Cigars" menu when I click on the admin option "Unapproved photos" and view the results, then click on "Unapproved cigars", I get an error - "Your last search was less than 5 seconds ago. Please try again later." I don't want to try again later. I want to see the results now.  Why would it want me to wait until later?
Todd

SenorPablo

Quote from: tuck0411 on 12/17/2022 05:30 PMAnother potential issue - under the "Cigars" menu when I click on the admin option "Unapproved photos" and view the results, then click on "Unapproved cigars", I get an error - "Your last search was less than 5 seconds ago. Please try again later." I don't want to try again later. I want to see the results now.  Why would it want me to wait until later?

Made a change.  See if it fixes it.

headfirst

Love the new look and the menus, etc.  I'm feeling stupid here but I can't find my PM inbox, etc.?
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

SenorPablo

Quote from: headfirst on 12/17/2022 07:16 PMLove the new look and the menus, etc.  I'm feeling stupid here but I can't find my PM inbox, etc.?

Glad you like it!  The PM box is pinned to the very top.

headfirst

When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

tuck0411

Quote from: SenorPablo on 12/17/2022 06:01 PM
Quote from: tuck0411 on 12/17/2022 05:30 PMAnother potential issue - under the "Cigars" menu when I click on the admin option "Unapproved photos" and view the results, then click on "Unapproved cigars", I get an error - "Your last search was less than 5 seconds ago. Please try again later." I don't want to try again later. I want to see the results now.  Why would it want me to wait until later?

Made a change.  See if it fixes it.

Yep, fixed, thanks. 
Todd

tuck0411

Emails are not being sent by the system when a PM is received.  There are two settings for getting emails in this case - one for when a new PM is received and one for when a reply is received to a previously sent PM.  I have both boxes checked in my account settings and recently received a reply to a PM I had sent to another member but no email was received for this. It's possible this is working for when a new PM is received but I haven't personally hit this test case yet.
Todd

SenorPablo

Quote from: tuck0411 on 12/17/2022 11:18 PMEmails are not being sent by the system when a PM is received.  There are two settings for getting emails in this case - one for when a new PM is received and one for when a reply is received to a previously sent PM.  I have both boxes checked in my account settings and recently received a reply to a PM I had sent to another member but no email was received for this. It's possible this is working for when a new PM is received but I haven't personally hit this test case yet.

I seem to be getting emails both ways now.  It does seem like they might not be immediate.  Maybe the system queues them up and send them all at once every now and then.  also, did you check your spam folder.  I'm hoping with the new dedicated server and IP address we get less spam designations.

tuck0411

Quote from: SenorPablo on 12/18/2022 08:03 AM
Quote from: tuck0411 on 12/17/2022 11:18 PMEmails are not being sent by the system when a PM is received.  There are two settings for getting emails in this case - one for when a new PM is received and one for when a reply is received to a previously sent PM.  I have both boxes checked in my account settings and recently received a reply to a PM I had sent to another member but no email was received for this. It's possible this is working for when a new PM is received but I haven't personally hit this test case yet.

I seem to be getting emails both ways now.  It does seem like they might not be immediate.  Maybe the system queues them up and send them all at once every now and then.  also, did you check your spam folder.  I'm hoping with the new dedicated server and IP address we get less spam designations.

I did check my spam folder. 
Todd

ntanner

Well it looks nice Paul, a real step up. Well done and thanks. :bigthumbs:
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

SpamMav

I thought the site was still down...the wildcard isn't in place for the domain name. Basically, going to cigargeeks.com won't resolve.  www.cigargeeks.com will.  Quick fix I am sure.

Great site!! Thank you for providing it.

Otter

R, Otter
------------------------------------------------------
Certified Retail Tobacconist
CRA Ambassador #0264
Twitter: @GeekCoefficient
Instagram: Geekcoefficient
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cigargeeks/

My Virtual Humidor: http://tinyurl.com/a9umtsr

Bob Cordell

Hey Paul,  will it be easier to post pictures on here now?

"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

SenorPablo

Quote from: Bob Cordell on 12/19/2022 08:19 AMHey Paul,  will it be easier to post pictures on here now?

Man that sounds like a loaded question, Bob.  Not sure what pictures you might have in mind.  Should be easier.  Git it a try.

Bob Cordell

Quote from: SenorPablo on 12/19/2022 08:31 AM
Quote from: Bob Cordell on 12/19/2022 08:19 AMHey Paul,  will it be easier to post pictures on here now?

Man that sounds like a loaded question, Bob.  Not sure what pictures you might have in mind.  Should be easier.  Git it a try.

:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.