Welcome to the new CigarGeeks!

Started by SenorPablo, 12/16/2022 10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gitfiddl

I can get in on my PC, but I'm getting that same "Sorry..." error message others mentioned when I try on my Android phone.
:confused:

Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

gitfiddl

It's letting me in on my phone now!  YIPPEE,! :dancing:  :dancing:  :dancing:
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

tuck0411

Quote from: SenorPablo on 12/21/2022 03:57 PM
Quote from: tuck0411 on 12/21/2022 12:26 AMTwo issues...
 - There doesn't seem to be an easy way to look at one's own profile page.  The old site had a "My Profile" button on the left side of the home page along with all the other buttons that were there.  This site doesn't have that and it's not listed under the account menu at the top left. The only way I've found to look at this page is to look yourself up under the member list and click on your name or to find a post you've made in the forum and click on your name there.

- There seems to be no way to look at feedback, either your own or anyone else's.  There was a "View feedback" link on the profile page at the old site but there isn't one here.  And I don't see it anywhere else, either. 

It's late and I'm tired, which probably means I'm just blind and can't see this stuff.  I hope so and thanks in advance to anyone who can point out where these two things are at.

So for seeing your profile, click the dropdown with your name at the top left.  From there you'll see an option for "Profile Details".  That will bring up the form to edit your profile.  To see your full profile, click on the "Profile Info" tab.

For the Trades Feedback, I added it to the same Account menu popup in the top left.  You'll also see it listed as a menu option when you are in your Profile.

Good suggestion to make that Trader access easier.  Hopefully that helps.

-Paul

The "Profile info" tab, that's what I was missing last night, thanks.  Found the feedback, too, although I'd suggest labeling it "Feedback" instead of "Trades".  Actually, it might be good to put a big "Feedback" button at the top of every page.  It's hard enough to get folks to leave feedback around here without making it hard to find, too. 

So, if I'm looking at someone else's profile info page, I can see their feedback stats, ie. number of positives and negatives, but I can't see the actual feedback.  I can see my own feedback from my own page, but I'm not seeing any obvious way to view someone else's feedback.
Todd

"Those sticks won't smoke themselves..." -- OZZ

SenorPablo

Quote from: tuck0411 on 12/21/2022 05:15 PMSo, if I'm looking at someone else's profile info page, I can see their feedback stats, ie. number of positives and negatives, but I can't see the actual feedback.  I can see my own feedback from my own page, but I'm not seeing any obvious way to view someone else's feedback.

It is not very obvious, but you would click on the Trade Count number to see all the feedback.  I added an additional link next to it that should make it more clear.  Thanks for the feedback!

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

Murphy223

So Happy to see this site back online.  New and Improved! can't wait to check it out

tonovak

Maybe im just stupid or lazy, but when i want to edit Previous Smokes i get message "ERROR: No Humidor ID was passed" an nothing happens  :cry:

SenorPablo

Quote from: tonovak on 12/22/2022 12:27 PMMaybe im just stupid or lazy, but when i want to edit Previous Smokes i get message "ERROR: No Humidor ID was passed" an nothing happens  :cry:

@tonovak send me the URL that generated the error please.
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

Deener27

@SenorPablo The site looks fantastic!  You and the others who did testing here did a bang up job.  It keeps the classic look of the original site with a really nice up to date functionality.

:smoker:  :cigarman:  :clap:

(glad we were able to keep the year 2000 emoji's)

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"You may run like Mays, but you hit like !@#$." ~Lou Brown in Major League

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

tonovak

Quote from: SenorPablo on 12/22/2022 07:57 PM
Quote from: tonovak on 12/22/2022 12:27 PMMaybe im just stupid or lazy, but when i want to edit Previous Smokes i get message "ERROR: No Humidor ID was passed" an nothing happens  :cry:

https://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=editcigform;hcigar_id=797687;set=prev;start=50;hid=

SenorPablo

Quote from: tonovak on 12/23/2022 11:38 AM
Quote from: SenorPablo on 12/22/2022 07:57 PM

https://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=editcigform;hcigar_id=797687;set=prev;start=50;hid=

Thanks.  Sent you a PM for more info.

junglepete

Still can't access the site on any of my three devices. I am on my wife's laptop. Why do her devices access the site but not any of mine? I cleared out the cache, cookies, and history on all three of devices and restarted them all to no avail. I'm stumped and completely frustrated.

My devices:

1. iPhone 6 plus
2. Acer Chromebook 11
3. Fire HD 10 Tablet (11th Generation)
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

SenorPablo

Quote from: junglepete on 12/23/2022 03:07 PMStill can't access the site on any of my three devices. I am on my wife's laptop. Why do her devices access the site but not any of mine? I cleared out the cache, cookies, and history on all three of devices and restarted them all to no avail. I'm stumped and completely frustrated.

My devices:

1. iPhone 6 plus
2. Acer Chromebook 11
3. Fire HD 10 Tablet (11th Generation)

Hi Pete.  The URLs you have in the images seem odd.  They are not valid for our site.  What if you manually type www.cigargeeks.com?

junglepete

I just tried that on all three devices and I get back the same message with exactly the same url. I even tried http// and https// and i still get the same answers. I also just wrote my geek critique review and apparently I lost it because I was automatically signed out and could not submit it  :banghead:
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

SenorPablo

Quote from: junglepete on 12/23/2022 04:09 PMI just tried that on all three devices and I get back the same message with exactly the same url. I even tried http// and https// and i still get the same answers. I also just wrote my geek critique review and apparently I lost it because I was automatically signed out and could not submit it  :banghead:

I replied to your PM as well.  For the signin, you should select "Forever" for "Time to stay logged in" to not get automatically logged out,You cannot view this attachment.

junglepete

These two pics represent typing in www.cigargeeks.com and https://www.cigargeeks.com (after clearing all history and typing in each letter for both)
Guru of Frugality

tuck0411

Here's an odd one... when searching my humidor for a particular cigar using the "Search Humidors" field, if the cigar name has an apostrophe in it, the result comes up as "You do not have any cigars in your Current Inventory."  For example, I have a cigar in my inventory with the brand name of "Don't Tread On Me".  If I search for the entire name, or even just "Don't", I get "You do not have any cigars in your Current Inventory."  However, if I search for "Don" or "tread on me", the cigar comes up in the search results.

I guess there's two issues here - the apostrophe throwing off the results and the fact the text is incorrect.  It should say something like "You do not have any cigars by that name in your Current Inventory."

And it may be that an apostrophe is not the only special character that would cause this, but it's the only one I've tried.
Todd

SenorPablo

Quote from: junglepete on 12/24/2022 02:43 PMThese two pics represent typing in www.cigargeeks.com and https://www.cigargeeks.com (after clearing all history and typing in each letter for both)

I've had the hosting guys looking into it as well.  they don't see anything misconfigured and swear that the issue we are seeing is always a cache issue.  I know I did see it on my devices and by clearing the cache it went away.  So I can't see the issue on any of my devices anymore.  I also had my kids check theirs and a few devices needed to have the cache cleared and it worked after that. 

I don't know how all the various devices caches get cleared but the only thing I can think of as well as the hosting guys is that the devices are not really clearing the cache and cookies and history.  Really all 3 need to be cleared.

metalhead y cigarguy

Finally, made it on with my phone. It's a Christmas miracle.   :biggrin:
The new website looks great, good job Paul.
I'm a Guru playing a Guru disguised as another Guru. 

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=metalhead+y+cigarguy

Instagram: metalhead_cigarguy

BewareDaPenguin

Looks amazing thanks again Sir  :dancing:
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

ninfiction

I'm in from my home laptop. I think it was the certificate issue not matching or whatever. I'm a happy camper
This is not the admin you're looking for...

wescat

When I go to the cigars page:   https://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=cigars

And select "Man O' War" from the brands list, and click on search, the following message displays:  "No cigars were found that matched your search criteria."

The only way I can get the Man O' War database entries to return is to type "man o" into the keyword search.
The second law chases us all.
In most realms, tranquility comes from ownership.
Order ensues when everyone totes their own water.  
Stand firm, and never let the bastards grind you down.  
Life's arc is primarily charted between ones ears.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
Heaven is where the police are British, the lovers French, the mechanics German, the chefs Italian, and it is all organized by the Swiss.
Hell is where the police are German, the lovers Swiss, the mechanics French, the chefs British, and it is all organized by the Italians.
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

tuck0411

Quote from: wescat on 01/02/2023 06:46 AMWhen I go to the cigars page:   https://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=cigars

And select "Man O' War" from the brands list, and click on search, the following message displays:  "No cigars were found that matched your search criteria."

The only way I can get the Man O' War database entries to return is to type "man o" into the keyword search.

It doesn't like apostrophes.  There is a brand called "420's" which won't return anything, either, when searched. It appears to be the only special character that does this.  I've tried brands containing parens, exclamation points, periods, percentage signs, hyphens, and accent marks without seeing any issues.  This also happens when searching your humidor.
Todd

SenorPablo

Quote from: tuck0411 on 01/02/2023 08:57 AM
Quote from: wescat on 01/02/2023 06:46 AMWhen I go to the cigars page:   https://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=cigars

It doesn't like apostrophes.  There is a brand called "420's" which won't return anything, either, when searched. It appears to be the only special character that does this.  I've tried brands containing parens, exclamation points, periods, percentage signs, hyphens, and accent marks without seeing any issues.  This also happens when searching your humidor.

This should be fixed now.  Thanks for pointing it out.

-Paul

TheSmokedBlade

Loving the new build of the site @SenorPablo the ui is very user friendly. Thanks for all that you do for us! :dancing:
something should go here, I've no witty banter to employ, so enjoy, my ploy... got nothin

nickthafish

Took a little getting used to, but I like it!

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.