Welcome to the new CigarGeeks!

Started by SenorPablo, 12/16/2022 10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nwb

This is pretty slick, Paul!  I like it.
Chief of Shaft

tuck0411

The email settings are not working.  I've got all the boxes checked to receive an email when each thing happens and I have not received a single email as of yet.  You can't see it in the pic, but I've also got the box checked farther up the page for "Receive forum newsletters, announcements and important notifications by email."  This could be a problem when someone who doesn't log in regularly has been PM'd an invite to a pass or a Geek Critique or something else of similar importance.

Todd

"Those sticks won't smoke themselves..." -- OZZ

SenorPablo

Quote from: tuck0411 on 01/12/2023 11:58 AMThe email settings are not working.  I've got all the boxes checked to receive an email when each thing happens and I have not received a single email as of yet.  You can't see it in the pic, but I've also got the box checked farther up the page for "Receive forum newsletters, announcements and important notifications by email."  This could be a problem when someone who doesn't log in regularly has been PM'd an invite to a pass or a Geek Critique or something else of similar importance.

I only have the emails enabled for PMs and I do get emails when new ones come in.  Consider this a test for your emails.  I quoted you post above, and I'm going to @tuck0411 here as well, so that seemingly should generate an email.  I'm also going to follow up with a PM and see if that does anything.  Not to state the obvious, but do you check your spam folder for them as well?
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

tuck0411

Quote from: SenorPablo on 01/12/2023 03:53 PM
Quote from: tuck0411 on 01/12/2023 11:58 AMThe email settings are not working.  I've got all the boxes checked to receive an email when each thing happens and I have not received a single email as of yet.  You can't see it in the pic, but I've also got the box checked farther up the page for "Receive forum newsletters, announcements and important notifications by email."  This could be a problem when someone who doesn't log in regularly has been PM'd an invite to a pass or a Geek Critique or something else of similar importance.

I only have the emails enabled for PMs and I do get emails when new ones come in.  Consider this a test for your emails.  I quoted you post above, and I'm going to @tuck0411 here as well, so that seemingly should generate an email.  I'm also going to follow up with a PM and see if that does anything.  Not to state the obvious, but do you check your spam folder for them as well?

All of the above answered in reply to your PM. No emails have been received.  Be interesting to know if anyone else is seeing this problem.
Todd

SenorPablo

Quote from: tuck0411 on 01/12/2023 04:58 PM

All of the above answered in reply to your PM. No emails have been received.  Be interesting to know if anyone else is seeing this problem.

This seems to be fixed now.  Anyone who has a gmail email address was affected.  Gmail required additional DNS entries to prevent email spoofing.  Anyone else who might be having email issues, please PM me, but hopefully this has been fixed.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

tuck0411

Quote from: SenorPablo on 01/13/2023 07:14 AM
Quote from: tuck0411 on 01/12/2023 04:58 PM

This seems to be fixed now.  Anyone who has a gmail email address was affected.  Gmail required additional DNS entries to prevent email spoofing.  Anyone else who might be having email issues, please PM me, but hopefully this has been fixed.

-Paul

Definitely fixed, at least at my end.  I've gotten emails for the latest two PMs you sent me this morning and another one for your quote of my last reply in this thread.  Thanks, Paul.
Todd

Brlesq

The "Attachments and other options" menu that appears when you post or reply is not showing up if you are quoting someone else's post
Bruce
Chief Enabler  
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm
[/size]

2023 Geek Critique calendar is now open!  Reserve your spot here:
 http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?topic=54350.0
[/color][/size]

Hey! How come 'Habana' is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

My people skills are just fine. It's my tolerance for idiots that needs work!

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2023 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.