"A fine cigar is like a fine woman. They come in all shapes and sizes. Treat them tenderly and lovingly. Caress their skin, admire their beauty, fondle them with reverence. Bring them slowly to your lips, enjoy their flavor, their aroma. Contemplate their essence, their dependability, and forgive them their weaknesses - if there be any. Revel in the rituals, their simplicity and their enduring meanings. Do these things, my son, and the blessings of life shall always be upon you." -Prince Sined Yar Maharg

Main Menu

My Favorite Sticks

Started by appollo, 01/05/2023 11:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

appollo

Quote from: Bob Cordell on 02/01/2023 11:04 AMOk, good deal, its been about 8 or 9 years since I was in a pass. I'll try not to eff anything up!
Any question Bob just send me an message

Bob Cordell

Ok, did anyone else notice that the list of participants that it says I'm in Afghanistan?

I can assure you that NE Tennessee is about as far away from Afghanistan as you can get, maybe maybe Hillbillystan :lmao:
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

quickme

Quote from: appollo on 02/01/2023 07:47 AMIf possible please post a picture or the name of the stick you received from the previous geek.When I recieved the pkg back from Nick he in included his favorite El Rey del Mundo Choix Supreme[ISOM] and the kicker was H.Upmann Magnum 54 ISOM probably my favorite brand.Big thanks Nik :dancing:

Stephen gifted me a 4 kicks (LOVE CROWNED HEAD STICKS) and an Eastern standard that I'm super stoked to try (may light it up tomorrow)   I really appreciate the invite to the pass.

BewareDaPenguin

Great sticks getting handed out here so far :smoker: moving well too!
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

StogieDad

Pass arrived safely.  Looking forward to digging in...
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

appollo

Quote from: StogieDad on 02/02/2023 09:35 AMPass arrived safely.  Looking forward to digging in...
That sounds great Michael enjoy the picks

05Venturer

Quote from: Bob Cordell on 02/01/2023 01:19 PMOk, did anyone else notice that the list of participants that it says I'm in Afghanistan?

I can assure you that NE Tennessee is about as far away from Afghanistan as you can get, maybe maybe Hillbillystan :lmao:
looks like my shipping price may increase lol
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

quickme

Smoked the 4 kicks gifted by Stephen tonight.  Outstanding!!!  Thanks again.

appollo

Quote from: quickme on 02/02/2023 09:16 PMSmoked the 4 kicks gifted by Stephen tonight.  Outstanding!!!  Thanks again.
Glad you liked it Nik,I,m a big CH fan myself

StogieDad

Had to go out of town but back tonight and doing P/T to try and get out tomorrow, Wed at latest.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

appollo

Quote from: StogieDad on 02/06/2023 08:20 PMHad to go out of town but back tonight and doing P/T to try and get out tomorrow, Wed at latest.
Thanks for the update Michael

Bob Cordell

So, when the pass gets to me, Imma throw in a few Macanudo Vintage 1997 Maduros for participants to take for free. You don't have to count them as one of your takes but let us know if you've never had one and would like one to sample. I've got way too many of them!

Deal?

appollo

Quote from: Bob Cordell on 02/07/2023 07:13 PMSo, when the pass gets to me, Imma throw in a few Macanudo Vintage 1997 Maduros for participants to take for free. You don't have to count them as one of your takes but let us know if you've never had one and would like one to sample. I've got way too many of them!

Deal?
Thanks Bob,great idea the bothers I'm sure will enjoy them. :cool:

headfirst

Quote from: Bob Cordell on 02/07/2023 07:13 PMSo, when the pass gets to me, Imma throw in a few Macanudo Vintage 1997 Maduros for participants to take for free. You don't have to count them as one of your takes but let us know if you've never had one and would like one to sample. I've got way too many of them!

Deal?
An idea for you:  It looks like they haven't been critiqued before on here and I think there's still no sponsor for June.  If you think they're worthwhile to critique and you get 5 geeks to sample it maybe there's the makings of a June geek critique?
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

quickme

Deal?
Amazing gesture

Bob Cordell

I can do that as well, good idea!

appollo

Quote from: Bob Cordell on 02/07/2023 10:32 PMI can do that as well, good idea!
This is a great Idea  just ask the geeks who wants in.

Brlesq

This sounds like a possible plan for the June Geek Critique spot.  Here's what I see though:  A Geek Critique needs 5 participants, so looking at the order here, Bob plus the last 3 guys (Nick, Todd and Gary) would all need to agree that they will participate in the June Geek Critique as a reviewer, and so will Stephen.  That would make a total of 5.  If we come up short of that, then we would need to find other volunteers outside of this Pass and Bob would need to mail them their cigar to smoke.

Thoughts from everyone involved?  (Bob, Nick, Todd, Gary & Stephen)
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Bob Cordell

No, I'll be the one submitting the sticks for review. I'm getting confused now...

appollo

Quote from: Brlesq on 02/08/2023 12:43 PMThis sounds like a possible plan for the June Geek Critique spot.  Here's what I see though:  A Geek Critique needs 5 participants, so looking at the order here, Bob plus the last 3 guys (Nick, Todd and Gary) would all need to agree that they will participate in the June Geek Critique as a reviewer, and so will Stephen.  That would make a total of 5.  If we come up short of that, then we would need to find other volunteers outside of this Pass and Bob would need to mail them their cigar to smoke.

Thoughts from everyone involved?  (Bob, Nick, Todd, Gary & Stephen)
It is alright with me glad the pass made it easier

Brlesq

Quote from: Bob Cordell on 02/08/2023 12:50 PMNo, I'll be the one submitting the sticks for review. I'm getting confused now...

Well maybe I'm confused, Bob.  I thought you were going to put these in the Pass as ride-alongs so they could get distributed without you sending them out individually. Why else is this being posted inside of appollo's pass?

If you are volunteering to host the June Geek Critique and you are sending the sticks out yourself, then I can post something up separately in the forum and get it moved out of this thread. Its a little early to post June's yet since we just posted April, but I can do that when the time comes and get together with you again beforehand. Let me know.   
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

headfirst

I'm happy to participate in the review if Bob wants to save some shipping coin and send them through the pass box.  If it's causing too much confusion I apologize for suggesting this wrinkle!
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

tuck0411

I'm in for the June GC if needed, whether it's via the pass or otherwise.
Todd

"Those sticks won't smoke themselves..." -- OZZ

Bob Cordell

My original intent was to just give away some of those Macanudo 1997's, thats all. I have too many of them and was going to throw in a few extra's for anybody to take one and NOT count it in their puts and takes from the pass, I thought that was pretty simple but then this idea about a critique got thrown in the mix. It went to !@#$ after that...

headfirst

Just do what you want to do Bob.  The June critique will take care of itself in time I'm sure.  The gesture of handing some of these out is appreciated!
-Charles Spurgeon

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.