Ughhhhhhhhhh...the Rona

Started by Bob Cordell, 12/29/2022 02:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Cordell

Well this is just great, I had Covid two weeks ago and my sense of taste is shot! :mad:

It finally got warm enough to sit on the porch and enjoy a cigar, so I fired up a Jose Piedra...might as well just smoked a damn Dutch Masters for all the flavors I got out of it. I finished though and later thought I'd try another cigar.

I figured surely a Arturo Fuente Gran Reserva Maduro would surely work out better. That was the nastiest tasting cigar I've had in a month of Sundays :angry:

Anybody else experience this after having the Wuhan Bat Flu?????
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

junglepete

Sounds rough Bob. Hopefully you'll regain your senses soon, at least your taste anyways.  :whistle:
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Mautrak

Yup, after my first bout with the 'rona.  I lost all taste and smell.  Completely.  I tried to enjoy a cigar and it may as well have been rolled up paper towels. Fortunately it only lasted a couple weeks, and then was back to normal.

DRuff

My manager at work had it twice, recovered about 30% of taste and smell, it's been over year for him.

Bob Cordell

I had a Macanudo Vintage 1997 Maduro tonight and I could get the flavors I was looking for. Maduros seem to come through better for some reason!

headfirst

First bout I lost sense of smell for a few weeks and knew I'd be wasting cigars if I tried so I stayed away from them until smell came back.  My Father #5 will always be special for me as the stick I smoked after I regained my sense of smell.
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

nkowal

Damn, sorry to hear that!

I got prescribed Paxlovid, which tasted like absolute !@#$ and made everything I ate taste bitter and awful, but luckily it went away about a day or two after I was off of it. I chewed so much gum to get rid of that taste...

Bob Cordell

I'm slowly getting my taste back...😩

ntanner

Quote from: Bob Cordell on 01/03/2023 09:40 PMI'm slowly getting my taste back...😩
Your taste has always been questionable Bob, even before COVID. :lmao:
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Kid Montana

How're things progressing Bob?  My wife got covid in Oct of 2021 and only recently has things started to taste normal.  She couldn't drink beer for 18 months because it tasted like soap to her!   :cry:

I'd rather have a cigar...

Bob Cordell

I'm pretty much over it except for some chest congestion. After I got to testing negative for the Kung Fu Flu, I got bronchitis and a bad sinus congestion, that was worse than the Rona.

Thanks for asking, hope the wifey is back to 100%   

Bob Cordell

My palate has changed though, some full flavored cigars that did taste good, don't taste good anymore. I used to like some cigars like Cohiba Black and Partagas Black, now they taste like black mammy roofing tar...🤮🤮🤮

Yuck, damn this Kung Fu Flu!😡😡

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.