Google Mail (Gmail) Issues - RESOLVED

Started by SenorPablo, 01/13/2023 08:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SenorPablo

Folks,

I thought this warranted it's own topic.  We have a significant number of members who have registered on the site using a gmail email address.  Google, at some point, implemented a policy where emails sent to their users require an extra level of verification to prevent email spoofing.  Anyone with a gmail email likely were NOT receiving any emails from the site. In particular, this would include password resets and new member registrations.

This should be FIXED now.  We have implemented the required DNS configurations to accommodate this requirement.  New members trying to register, or existing member trying to reset their passwords should be good to go now.  You can click here to do a password reset: https://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=reminder

Anyone who still seems to have an email issue PM me or email me at paul[at]cigargeeks.com.

Big thanks to Todd (tuck0411) who helped report and identify this issue!

Cheers!
-Paul

Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

tuck0411

Thanks, Paul.  Gmail is a pain. They're so thorough in their security that they've managed to lock me out of my other email account with them.  I don't receive many emails at that one and they recently asked me to double-verify that it was actually me trying to use it by demanding I give them my phone number so they could send me a text message to reply to in order to let me in to it. This was after I'd already verified it was me by replying to an email they'd sent to my primary account. I refuse to give out my phone number to anyone I don't personally know, so that account is now unuseable to me.  I repeat, Gmail is a pain.
Todd

"Those sticks won't smoke themselves..." -- OZZ

quickme

Okay I thought it was me.   I don't see any notification in my spam either.   If there is a work around please let me know. 

SenorPablo

Quote from: quickme on 01/13/2023 10:11 AMOkay I thought it was me.   I don't see any notification in my spam either.   If there is a work around please let me know. 

If you have email notifications turned on in your account settings, you should get one for this reply.  It should be resolved now, so you should not need to do anything.  PM me if you are still not getting emails.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

quickme

Quote from: SenorPablo on 01/13/2023 10:35 AM
Quote from: quickme on 01/13/2023 10:11 AMOkay I thought it was me.   I don't see any notification in my spam either.   If there is a work around please let me know. 

If you have email notifications turned on in your account settings, you should get one for this reply.  It should be resolved now, so you should not need to do anything.  PM me if you are still not getting emails.

-Paul

Thank you.   I just turned it on along with logging out and back in.   Hope it works.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.