Divisional Championship Contest

Started by appollo, 01/23/2023 10:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

appollo

Paul idea was  great idea so I figure lets keep it going.The same rules apply and I'll supply a 5pak to the winner.Let the contest begin.

SenorPablo

Very cool!  I would suggest one additional rule for a scenario I was worried about, that thankfully did not happen.  What happens when 2 people are equally distant from the score?  i.e. one person chooses 206 and another person chooses 208 and the score comes in at 207.  I would suggest an additional rule like "for ties under beats over" - or in the example above 206 would beat 208 if 207 comes up.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

headfirst

88 points, thanks for the contest Stephen!
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

ninfiction

82, I can beat Gary in the under  :lmao:
This is not the admin you're looking for...

appollo

Quote from: SenorPablo on 01/23/2023 10:27 AMVery cool!  I would suggest one additional rule for a scenario I was worried about, that thankfully did not happen.  What happens when 2 people are equally distant from the score?  i.e. one person chooses 206 and another person chooses 208 and the score comes in at 207.  I would suggest an additional rule like "for ties under beats over" - or in the example above 206 would beat 208 if 207 comes up.

-Paul
Great idea Paul so incase of a tie under beats over

05Venturer

Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Brlesq

Thanks for the contest appollo!
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

benchjockey

You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

headfirst

I love that almost everyone so far has underbid me!  You guys learn quick! :lmao:
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

BewareDaPenguin

92 :smoker: thanks for the contest brother :thumbsup:
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

appollo

Here is the list so far
-Benchjockey-78
-Ninfiction-82
-05 Venture-86
-Headfirst -88
-Bewareda Penguin-92
-Briesq-99
Nirab-87
SenorPablo-110

appollo

Come on geeks get your guess in on the chance to win some free sticks

nirab

The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

SenorPablo

I'll take the high side just in case these guys score a ton.  My guess -> 110.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

headfirst

Low bidder is sitting pretty right now once again.
-Charles Spurgeon

appollo

Looks like the total is 81 so the winner is Brian{Ninfiction}.Congrates Brian will get something out to you in the next couple days.

headfirst

Congrats Brian!  Thanks for the contest Stephen!
-Charles Spurgeon

ninfiction

Quote from: appollo on 01/30/2023 04:10 AMLooks like the total is 81 so the winner is Brian{Ninfiction}.Congrates Brian will get something out to you in the next couple days.

Woot! Undercutting Gary paid off!

Thank you!

BewareDaPenguin

Well the KC / Bengals game was good at least lol...Congrats and thanks for the contest!! Looking to be a good superbowl!! :smoker:
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

ninfiction

Damn good prize and the fastest trip from Canada ever. Thank you Stephen for running the contest and providing such a great prize pack!

You cannot view this attachment.

Brlesq

Very nice. Appollo is a generous BOTL
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

benchjockey

Top-notch prize. Well done, Stephen.
You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

appollo

Quote from: ninfiction on 02/08/2023 07:37 PMDamn good prize and the fastest trip from Canada ever. Thank you Stephen for running the contest and providing such a great prize pack!

You cannot view this attachment.
Always happy when they make it safely.Hope there are some choices there that you haven't tried yet.Enjoy my friend  :smoker:

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.