April 2023 Member Sponsored Geek Critique

Started by Brlesq, 02/03/2023 01:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brlesq

This Geek Critique has been generously sponsored by nirab (Brian).

The Cigar: Stolen Throne Crook of the Crown Toro

The Specs:
Wrapper: Mexican
Binder: Indonesian
Filler: Nicaraguan
Country of Origin: Nicaragua
Strength: Medium+
Size: 6" x 52

Shipping: US addresses only

Due Date: March 25, 2023

The Hype:
Based in Virginia, Stolen Throne was established in 2019, the company's debut inaugurated by the Crook of the Crown cigar. Blended in collaboration with Texas-based cigar manufacturer and blender Noel Rojas, the Crook of the Crown is Stolen Throne's first release and flagship cigar, featuring a 10-year-aged Mexican San Andrés Maduro wrapper, an Indonesian binder, and Nicaraguan fillers. It offers a full-bodied smoking experience.

The Reviewers:
Open to everyone, and Newbies are highly encouraged to participate (as Brian has indicated that he may favor picking a Newbie over a geek with experience). Volunteers already doing the March review should give others a chance before volunteering. This review will be due by March 25, so please take into account your schedule and only volunteer if you are prepared to turn it in on time. If you are interested, please indicate so in the forum below and Brian will make the final selection.

Deener27
Brlesq
ntanner
Murphy223
Cfickter

Note: A reviewer who posts their review late will receive neutral feedback. A reviewer who does not post at all will receive negative feedback. There are always exceptions to the rule and a reasonable excuse for tardiness or a no show will be respected and thus not counted against the reviewer. Our sponsoring members and our administrators make the choice of who is to participate in any particular Geek Critique and can be better informed of their choices with this initiative in place.

Thanks again to nirab for providing the cigar. And thank you to the reviewers.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Deener27

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"You may run like Mays, but you hit like !@#$." ~Lou Brown in Major League

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

BewareDaPenguin

"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

Brlesq

This has been up for 5 days and not filled, so I would like to volunteer as well.  :angel:
Bruce
Chief Enabler 

appollo

I'm looking forward to the reviews on this one I have one ageing in the humi

Adwinistrator

Quote from: appollo on 02/07/2023 01:21 PMI'm looking forward to the reviews on this one I have one ageing in the humi

Same.  I'd join in, but I have smoked this one many times, and have a bundle aging as we speak.  Would rather have other geeks try this one out if they haven't yet...

ntanner

I'll volunteer if you need another. Always willing to smoke a cigar.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Murphy223

Always willing to throw my hat in as well

nirab

Hello y'all! I will let this run through the weekend, and choose 5 random geeks on Monday. As it sits, we only have 5 geeks so far, so your odds are really really good!!
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Cfickter

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

nirab

Ok, random number generator picked the following geeks:

Deener27
Brlesq
ntanner
Murphy223
Cfickter

Gentlemen, please email me your addresses. These will be shipping direct Stolen Throne, and that will make it much easier for me to send them your mailing information. Knowing Lee and the crew over there, I would suspect there may be more in these packages other than the review cigar...we shall see!!

Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to support our wonderful CG Family!!

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

Deener27

Quote from: nirab on 02/13/2023 10:07 PMOk, random number generator picked the following geeks:

Deener27
Brlesq
ntanner
Murphy223
Cfickter

Gentlemen, please email me your addresses. These will be shipping direct Stolen Throne, and that will make it much easier for me to send them your mailing information. Knowing Lee and the crew over there, I would suspect there may be more in these packages other than the review cigar...we shall see!!

Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to support our wonderful CG Family!!

Thanks to the randomness of the universe (and to you for sponsoring Brian)!  I messaged you via FB with my address.  Please let me know that we're all good now.

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

BewareDaPenguin

I got bumped!!!  :angry:  :angry:  Lol all good, looking forward to the reviews, sounds like a good smoke!!! :smoker:

ntanner

Sent you my address on the CG messenger.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

nirab

Quote from: BewareDaPenguin on 02/14/2023 01:46 PMI got bumped!!!  :angry:  :angry:  Lol all good, looking forward to the reviews, sounds like a good smoke!!! :smoker:

Totally random, however...let's see what I can do for you... :shy:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

BewareDaPenguin

Quote from: nirab on 02/14/2023 04:15 PM
Quote from: BewareDaPenguin on 02/14/2023 01:46 PMI got bumped!!!  :angry:  :angry:  Lol all good, looking forward to the reviews, sounds like a good smoke!!! :smoker:

Totally random, however...let's see what I can do for you... :shy:

Lol no need my brother you are an epic legend, I will hop in one of these my friend, appreciate the gesture, I was just messing with you guys lol :smoker:

nirab

GC reviewers, please post up once your package arrives from Stolen Throne. Thank you!

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

ntanner

Murphy223

Murphy223

Deener27

Got mine also.  Thanks for letting me participate.

Cfickter

Got mine. Thanks for the hitchhiker
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Brlesq

Bruce
Chief Enabler 

ntanner

ntanner

Alright, need a little help. How in the sam hell do I leave feedback. Been trying for fifteen minutes now and I'm getting nowhere. :angry:

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.