CigarGeeks Fantasy Baseball 2023 - 10th Annual

Started by StogieDad, 03/13/2023 07:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caveman Steve

Guess I'm playing the wrong team this week. Congrats Stogiedad. I thought I might come back and win today. Uh no
 :cry:
"yesterday I did nothing, and today I'm finishing what I did yesterday"

StogieDad

Lost first three.  Won next four.  Who knows how this season is going to go...
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Caveman Steve

Lost my first two in horrific fashion.  Wasn't sure I'd win a game this year.  Won next 3 and looked good doing it.  Now lost 2 in a row.  Both tough losses
Hard season to figure out. :confused:

Cfickter

Michael,
sorry for delay but cigars on the way

Chuck
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Caveman Steve

Oh Shyte

I need to get mine out as well.  Will bring that thought further forward in my sometimes pea sized brain.
 :whistle:

Cfickter

All Star Game is July 11th. Make sure u get your cigars out in time

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

StogieDad

Reminder guys, the All-Star Game is upon us.  Please get these sent to me as soon as you can, I would like to go ahead and send the ASG winnings sooner than waiting until season end.

Thanks!
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

nirab

Quote from: StogieDad on 06/27/2023 07:31 AMReminder guys, the All-Star Game is upon us.  Please get these sent to me as soon as you can, I would like to go ahead and send the ASG winnings sooner than waiting until season end.

Thanks!

I can't remember if I sent mine or not... :biggrin:  :lmao:  :lmao:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Caveman Steve

Mine sticks are on the move finally.

Should land Friday

Thanks again Michael for running the show
 :biggrin:

ninfiction

Every year I plan to send the cigars right away and every year I neglect to do it. Sorry, I will get them done this week.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

StogieDad

Thanks for getting this going.  I have been out of town and had the mail held so several are at the PO for me to go get today or tomorrow.
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

ninfiction

Mine are slated to arrive on Friday, just in the nick of time.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

05Venturer

Headed out today
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

05Venturer

Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

StogieDad

Sorry for being absent a bit.  I updated who I have recvd cigars from on the original post.  A couple still showed held at PO while I was out of town but did get picked up so don't worry.

Chuck is the All-Star break winner!  Congrats Chuck.  I will get you winnings out ASAP. 

I am going to send a reminder to the remainder of participants to get theirs out, or we are going to have to start consequences as original deadline was June 1.  I haven't been around much so I haven't reminded, but we need to get it done.

If you sent and I did not update, let me know, but I am pretty sure this is right.

Thanks guys.
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

Kid Montana

I sent mine in the week before July 1st. 

I'd rather have a cigar...

StogieDad

All but two in.  Anyone heard from deener or Kman lately?  I feel like we've been pretty patient, but I'm going to have to impose some forfeits or something at some point.  What do y'all think?

On a side note, HUGE THANKS to everyone who has sent.  It is going to be a fantastic prize pack this year and Chuck has some really nice ones coming for the All-Star winner.  Literally everyone sent me a little something too, which isn't required or expected, but SUPER APPRECIATED.  Thanks!
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

StogieDad

Deener is in contact we are just down to KMan.
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

Kman

Sorry for the delay gentlemen. Dropped off at the post office today, will be on their way tomorrow. Tracking: 9405 5036 9930 0585 9172 80
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

Deener27

Sorry for the delay, mine are also enroute.  Dealing with a ton of stuff here.

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"You may run like Mays, but you hit like !@#$." ~Lou Brown in Major League

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

StogieDad

Thank you gentlemen, looks like the last package is out for delivery today and we will be flush.  I will get Chuck's winnings out ASAP, and the playoffs are looming in September.  Looking forward to a furious finish!

Right now the bracket is Chuck, myself, Kent and Brian.  But Daniel and Kerry are within striking distance with a good finish.  Good luck everyone.
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

Caveman Steve

Quote from: StogieDad on 08/14/2023 08:45 AMThank you gentlemen, looks like the last package is out for delivery today and we will be flush.  I will get Chuck's winnings out ASAP, and the playoffs are looming in September.  Looking forward to a furious finish!

Right now the bracket is Chuck, myself, Kent and Brian.  But Daniel and Kerry are within striking distance with a good finish.  Good luck everyone.

Hey,  lets get the facts straight.  according to the league standings, I still have a 1% chance of making the playoffs.  I'm going for it baby!!  Watch out for the Marauders!!!!!!  :dancing:

Cfickter

Quote from: Caveman Steve on 08/15/2023 03:52 PM
Quote from: StogieDad on 08/14/2023 08:45 AMThank you gentlemen, looks like the last package is out for delivery today and we will be flush.  I will get Chuck's winnings out ASAP, and the playoffs are looming in September.  Looking forward to a furious finish!

Hey,  lets get the facts straight.  according to the league standings, I still have a 1% chance of making the playoffs.  I'm going for it baby!!  Watch out for the Marauders!!!!!!  :dancing:

So you're saying there's a chance!

Caveman Steve

Quote from: Cfickter on 08/17/2023 01:07 PM

Hey,  lets get the facts straight.  according to the league standings, I still have a 1% chance of making the playoffs.  I'm going for it baby!!  Watch out for the Marauders!!!!!! 

I now have a 5% chance after a big win last week!  Need Sconnie to rollover for me this week!

Caveman Steve

Quote from: Caveman Steve on 08/22/2023 07:46 AM
Quote from: Cfickter on 08/17/2023 01:07 PM

Hey,  lets get the facts straight.  according to the league standings, I still have a 1% chance of making the playoffs.  I'm going for it baby!!  Watch out for the Marauders!!!!!! 

I now have a 5% chance after a big win last week!  Need Sconnie to rollover for me this week!

Got my playoff % up to 13!  No Problem!  Need a little help boys  :dancing:

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.