What's in your pipe 2Q'23

Started by Alekso, 06/20/2023 11:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alekso

Since the pipe board seems a little dead, I figured a quarterly post might be a better idea.

I smoke a pipe almost daily, and would love to see who else out there partakes of a bowl occasionally.

Here's my latest:
Today I have been finishing off a bowl of Father Dempsey in my recently acquired Sav Tortuga straight apple (English dedicated) and have a Ropp vintage straight billiard loaded with Haunted Bookshop on deck.
Old age is not convenient.
- L. Zamenhof

nirab

Had some Frog Morton last weekend...
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Alekso

Quote from: nirab on 06/20/2023 06:35 PMHad some Frog Morton last weekend...
@nirab,
Totally jealous, I was not cellaring very deep when they went under, so my last can died during the lockdown.

BTW, excellent TNH quote, he is one of my favorite Buddhist authors.
- L. Zamenhof

gitfiddl

I had a bowl last night of some Frog "On the Town" that I cellared away back in 2015.
Really mellow now.
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

gitfiddl

Had a bowl of C&D Haunted Bookshop to start my evening at home.
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

Alekso

Smoking a bowl of MacBaren Mixture Scottish today in a Savanelli 315KS (Prince).
- L. Zamenhof

nickthafish

Had a few bowls of Watch City Ahab's Comfort over the weekend camping. Excellent smoky blend!

Alekso

Today I am smoking some C&D Dreams of Kadath, cut from the plug on the thicker side and rubbed out.

Smoking it in my Savanelli Rhodesian.

Dark, smokey, slightly sweet with a nice perique stone fruit and pepper note throughout the whole bowl.
- L. Zamenhof

nirab

Quote from: Alekso on 06/20/2023 07:29 PM
Quote from: nirab on 06/20/2023 06:35 PMHad some Frog Morton last weekend...
@nirab,
Totally jealous, I was not cellaring very deep when they went under, so my last can died during the lockdown.

BTW, excellent TNH quote, he is one of my favorite Buddhist authors.

I got lucky and had some in the shop when the word got out, so I grabbed a few tins.

I practice in the Buddhist tradition taught by TNH...makes me happy to know someone on here appreciates him, and his wisdom...
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Alekso

Peterson Nightcap in a Sav straight apple
- L. Zamenhof

Alekso

Enjoying some Dreams of Kadath in a Sav with my morning tea. Cheers!
- L. Zamenhof

Alekso

This morning I lit up a bowl of MacBaren Golden Extra, in a Ropp Vintage straight billiard.

It's a small bowl, a relatively short smoke, but perfect for a burley blend.
- L. Zamenhof

Bob Cordell

Green buds with some purple hairs...
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

Alekso

Quote from: Bob Cordell on 06/29/2023 11:06 AMGreen buds with some purple hairs...
Excellent! Hope you enjoyed it!
- L. Zamenhof

appollo

Quote from: Bob Cordell on 06/29/2023 11:06 AMGreen buds with some purple hairs...
Very popular brand up here in the GWN  :lmao:

Alekso

Today, I have some Father Dempsey in a Sav straight apple.
- L. Zamenhof

gitfiddl

A bowl of Sutliff Heavy English in a Rossi Rubino Author Author to start my Saturday.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.