Question regarding inputting price paid

Started by Alekso, 06/23/2023 03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alekso

When inputting a cigar into your inventory (and optionally when reviewing), what is the guideline for the price you enter? Cigar cost only? Or do you add taxes and shipping (if applicable)?

Also, if you are inputting a tin of petite panatellas or cigarillos, do you put in the price of the tin or divide to get a per stick price?

Couldn't easily find the info through search, so trying here.
Old age is not convenient.
- L. Zamenhof

headfirst

Not sure it's consistent across the board, but I like to figure out the total cost (taxes and shipping) per cigar when I input it so that I know what I actually paid...
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

tuck0411

I've done it both ways, with taxes and shipping, and without either.  I may have even done it with one and without the other, don't remember exactly.  I think my logic when doing it without taxes and shipping is that those two items are going to be roughly the same, on average, for all sticks, depending, of course, on your local tax jurisdiction and on how many other sticks you ordered at the same time.  But it's still going to average out, or at least I found it did, to be roughly in the 30 to 40 cent range per stick.  So, it made sense, at least at the particular time I was using this logic, to drop those items and just enter the base price that I paid for the stick.  I don't think there are any hard and fast rules for this so just go with whatever makes sense to you.
Todd

"Those sticks won't smoke themselves..." -- OZZ

nathanw13

I like to add tax/ shipping myself, but I can see arguments against it. Adding them helps me quickly figure much money I've actually spent without thinking about it, if you're into keeping track of that sort of thing. 
Our country has plenty of five-cent cigars, but the trouble is they charge fifteen cents for them.

Will Rogers

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.