Oliva Serie V Perfecto

Started by nicksw81, 03/29/2023 05:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nicksw81

Can't find anything online about these. Can anyone point me to some info.

https://imgur.io/gallery/hisNMS7

I grabbed a 10 pack of these from the site that does scorchers. I can't find anything anywhere unless my googlefu just isn't working.

tuck0411

It wasn't in the DB but is now.

https://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=cigars;area=showcig;cigar_id=206435;t=Oliva/_Studio_Tabac_Serie_V_Perfecto

Looks like a similar blend to the 135th Anniversary as both have an Ecuador Habano wrapper vs. the Nicaraguan wrapper of the regular Serie V line.
Todd

"Those sticks won't smoke themselves..." -- OZZ

nicksw81

Any idea why they aren't available anywhere other than cigarpage or why there is no info anywhere online about this size?

tuck0411

Quote from: nicksw81 on 03/29/2023 07:30 PMAny idea why they aren't available anywhere other than cigarpage or why there is no info anywhere online about this size?

No clue.  It may be that it's just a new vitola and Cigar Page managed to get them first.  I'd guess they'll start showing up elsewhere at some point.  If it is the same blend as the 135th, Oliva may have decided to "sneak" them out all low-key and such in order not to impact 135th sales.  Dunno, just speculating.
Todd

nicksw81

I reached out to Oliva and they informed me that these were produced specifically and only for cigarpage.

tuck0411

Quote from: nicksw81 on 03/30/2023 08:07 AMI reached out to Oliva and they informed me that these were produced specifically and only for cigarpage.

Very good, thanks.  I've updated the DB to reflect that they're an exclusive.  Did Oliva say anything about the blend, as in is it the same as the 135th?  I'm guessing they wouldn't want to disclose that if it were the case...
Todd

nicksw81

She just told me that it was the same blend as the standard Oliva V line and that cigarpage has done 2 "very limited" orders.

nicksw81

Haha boxes are now sold out. I picked up a couple more 5vers.

tuck0411

Quote from: nicksw81 on 03/30/2023 02:33 PMShe just told me that it was the same blend as the standard Oliva V line and that cigarpage has done 2 "very limited" orders.

Interesting.  A bit of research at Halfwheel and CA shows that the standard line does in fact have an Ecuador Habano wrapper as opposed to the Nicaraguan wrapper shown for most of these sticks in our DB.  So, it appears our DB is in need of correction.  It also appears that the 135th stick may in fact be the same blend as the standard line with the only thing making it special being the vitola. 
Todd

nicksw81

The way she was guarding her answers would make me think the same thing. When I asked if the Perfecto was just a standard v blend or like the 135 her answer was "the Perfecto is the same as ALL the other V series." You know when you're talking with someone and the just kinda sound like the don't want to give out info? That's how it went.

nicksw81

The details on the cigar page list the perfecto as nicaraguan with habano wrapper. The 135 says the same thing. As do the rest of the line.

tuck0411

Quote from: nicksw81 on 03/30/2023 02:52 PMThe way she was guarding her answers would make me think the same thing. When I asked if the Perfecto was just a standard v blend or like the 135 her answer was "the Perfecto is the same as ALL the other V series." You know when you're talking with someone and the just kinda sound like the don't want to give out info? That's how it went.

I'm sure she meant "all the other V series" apart from the maduros and the Melanios.  Which leaves, I think, only the standard line.  So, more tentative confirmation that the 135th is the same as the standard line.  Good to know.
Todd

nicksw81

I'm sure that's what she meant. We didn't discuss anything other than the standard v line and the 135.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.