2023 New Cigar Drop Season - What are you buying?

Started by Alekso, 08/23/2023 09:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alekso

The new 2023 releases are starting to drop. It seems like the HalfWheel feed is posting a new announcement every hour.

What are you excited about? What are you buying a box of? A fiver of? A couple of singles of?

I am still in the process of stocking my humidor with older stuff that is on sale, but my next couple of purchases are probably going to be veering in the new releases and I am looking for some inspiration.
Old age is not convenient.
- L. Zamenhof

Alekso

Guess I should add my current list ..

AJ Fernandez
- New World Dorado Corona

Arturo Fuente
- Cubanitos Maduro

Warped
- Cloud Hopper

Placencia
- Cosecha 151
- Alma Fuerte Colorado Claro

Curivari
- Buenaventura

- L. Zamenhof

Cfickter

The reason for the surge in new cigars is the PCA conference in Vegas. Many retailers use that event to release new blends
Working in a shop I get a chance to smoke a number of the releases.  So far I really like:
Roma Craft Intemperance Volsted
Dunbarton PapaSaka
Placencia 151
Waiting on the shipment of the Dunbarton Krakatoa next month.
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

appollo

I'm a big Crowned Heads fan so I always get the new Las Calavares and Mule Kick lines and When it comes out I get the new Lost Angel release.After that its what I think I might like in my other favorite brands.

Alekso

Quote from: Cfickter on 08/24/2023 01:04 PMThe reason for the surge in new cigars is the PCA conference in Vegas. Many retailers use that event to release new blend
Working in a shop I get a chance to smoke a number of the releases.  So far I really like:
Roma Craft Intemperance Volsted
Dunbarton PapaSaka
Placencia 151
Waiting on the shipment of the Dunbarton Krakatoa next month.
I haven't gotten a chance to try anything but Dunbarton yet, but it is definitely on my list. The Plasencia 151 definitely, and I recently got some Roma Crafts that are still settling in my humidor. Their HQ and flagship lounge is over in Austin, TX - about 2.5 hours from me and is def on my to do list, I'll have to remember the Volstead when I go.

Thanks for the tips!
- L. Zamenhof

Alekso

Quote from: appollo on 08/24/2023 01:35 PMI'm a big Crowned Heads fan so I always get the new Las Calavares and Mule Kick lines and When it comes out I get the new Lost Angel release.After that its what I think I might like in my other favorite brands.
I have that 2020 Mule Kick LE just about ready to light up that you sent me. I'll have to prioritize it next and see what I think of it. 

Thanks!
- L. Zamenhof

headfirst

Picked up some Crowned Heads La Vereda, hoping it's worth the hype and price.

And I'm a BLTC/BWS fan so I'm watching for some of their new stuff to hit the shelves.
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.