Rest in Peace - Brad Longanecker (Vroomp)

Started by nwb, 09/02/2023 11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nwb

After trying to reach out to Brad a couple of times over the past few weeks, I received a text from his daughter on Thursday.  He passed on August 5th.

I passed on our condolences.  Rest in peace Brad.

Chief of Shaft

benchjockey

So sad. We've lost an outstanding Geek.
RIP, Brad.
You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

Deener27

Sad news indeed.  Thanks for letting us know.  He will be missed.

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"You may run like Mays, but you hit like !@#$." ~Lou Brown in Major League

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

gitfiddl

Rest in Peace, my Brother.  You will be missed.
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

headfirst

When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

BewareDaPenguin

Extremely sad...I never had the pleasure of meeting him in person, but he participated in all of my passes, and turned me onto some of my favorite cigars I keep stocked in my humidor now. We definitely lost an amazing geek! RIP brother
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

SenorPablo

Rest in peace Brad.  He was an outstanding brother and I know no one could argue that.  Will certainly be missed.
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

ninfiction

Damn, that really sucks. He was a great guy and will definitely me missed. Rest easy brother.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

Otter

R, Otter
------------------------------------------------------
Certified Retail Tobacconist
CRA Ambassador #0264
Twitter: @GeekCoefficient
Instagram: Geekcoefficient
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cigargeeks/

My Virtual Humidor: http://tinyurl.com/a9umtsr

ntanner

Lost a great guy. Really going to miss him. Very sad.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

appollo

RIP brother ,you will be missed 

Joelala

Praying for Brad and his Family. may he RIP. One of the best geeks.
Joe

Brlesq

Brad was truly one-of-a-kind.  Generous to a fault.  He will surely be missed by all of us.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

Alekso

Sorry to hear this. I wish I had had a chance to get to know him. My condolences. 
Old age is not convenient.
- L. Zamenhof

McBryde

Brad was a hell of a great BOTL! We will be hard pressed to find a more generous Geek Brethren! You will be missed brother!

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

nirab

Happy Continuation my brother...grateful for your friendship...
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Murphy223

Sorry to hear this.  Met Brad twice.  Great guy

quickme

RIP brother.   The cigar community lost an amazing individual.   I'm truly sadden to read this and my condolences to his family.   

amigodecigars

XIPHOS !  RIP Brad.  I met him in Costa Rica
"There are plenty of good five-cent cigars in the country. The trouble is they cost a quarter. What this country needs is a good five-cent nickel."  Franklin Pierce Adams

Bob Cordell

Thats bad news, He was a good dude.
"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

Silverstix

This is really sad.  Never met Brad but had some dealings and interaction with him here on the site. Thinking of his family

Mautrak

That's very sad news to hear. 

metalhead y cigarguy

That's sad to hear.  Brad was a valued member of this forum.  He'll be missed. 
I'm a Guru playing a Guru disguised as another Guru. 

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=metalhead+y+cigarguy

Instagram: metalhead_cigarguy

nwb

Apologies if my original message seemed short. Brad and I spent a good bit of time together. We attended a lot of the same cigar events, I met his family, and he was all around a great guy. Even though he and I didn't see a lot of each other in the past few years since I moved further out of town, this news was tough. He will definitely be missed!
Chief of Shaft

Caveman Steve

So sad to hear.

Will be firing up a Xiphos cigar in his honor.

RIP
"yesterday I did nothing, and today I'm finishing what I did yesterday"

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.