1st box!

Started by Alekso, 09/02/2023 11:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alekso

Snagged this on a cigar page deal for $100. Such an elegant presentation. I am speechless.You cannot view this attachment.

This is by far my favorite cigar I have smoked yet, and beat everything else for box worthiness. Now to try to not smoke them all before I can get some age on at least a couple.
Old age is not convenient.
- L. Zamenhof

ntanner

Congratulations and welcome to the empty wallet side as the first becomes the many. :biggrin:
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

appollo

Nice choice.Warped is one of my go to brands.

Otter

R, Otter
------------------------------------------------------
Certified Retail Tobacconist
CRA Ambassador #0264
Twitter: @GeekCoefficient
Instagram: Geekcoefficient
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cigargeeks/

My Virtual Humidor: http://tinyurl.com/a9umtsr

Alekso

Quote from: appollo on 09/03/2023 03:55 AMNice choice.Warped is one of my go to brands.
I am really looking forward to doing a comparison to one of these and the ISOM you sent me! It has been over 20 years since I smoked a Partagas.
- L. Zamenhof

gitfiddl

Very nice!  :dancing:
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

benchjockey

A box of cigars you enjoy is a worthwhile and fun purchase.
You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

headfirst

I went and looked at my notes on this one as I know I had tried it.  I said that if I saw it under $10 I would buy more (paid $15 for the one I smoked), so I'd say you paid the right price for them!   :biggrin:

I will have to watch for those on cigarpage, they are the one Warped stick I can say I like, a rare case where Appollo and I have differing palates...
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

Brlesq

The packaging and the little "feather" cap reminded me of the La Palina Goldie.  Sure enough, both cigars are rolled at El Titan de Bronze by a level 9 roller named Maria Sierra.  Very exclusive
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

jharrisx5

Nice choice!!
Puff Puff Give....

Adwinistrator

Warped La Colmena is one of my favorite cigars.  Great pickup at an unbeatable price.  I literally order a box of these every time I break the seal on a box I have.

If you like those, I recommend DROP cigar club (I can send you a discount code).  Kyle Gelis (Warped) makes some small batch releases there, and uses El Tital de Bronze (La Colmena factory) for about 1/3 of the releases...

Honestly most stuff from El Titan de Bronze is amazing and worth trying.

Alekso

Quote from: Adwinistrator on 09/14/2023 06:55 AMWarped La Colmena is one of my favorite cigars.  Great pickup at an unbeatable price.  I literally order a box of these every time I break the seal on a box I have.

If you like those, I recommend DROP cigar club (I can send you a discount code).  Kyle Gelis (Warped) makes some small batch releases there, and uses El Tital de Bronze (La Colmena factory) for about 1/3 of the releases...

Honestly most stuff from El Titan de Bronze is amazing and worth trying.

I recently discovered drop club, and have been intrigued. Let me ask this, since you seem to be a regular there, do they tend to be consistently good? Or is it more of a hit and miss kind of offering?
- L. Zamenhof

Adwinistrator

Quote from: Alekso on 09/14/2023 10:37 AMI recently discovered drop club, and have been intrigued. Let me ask this, since you seem to be a regular there, do they tend to be consistently good? Or is it more of a hit and miss kind of offering?

I'd say that if you understand how Kyle blends with the different factories (AGANORSA, La Isla, or ETdB), you can tell which DROP blends you would prefer.  Haven't had a bad stick yet, though maybe overpriced for a $10-$12 cigar for some.  A few early releases were improved a lot by aging.

DROP Selección Domain 546 is one of my favorite cigars, like a more refined La Colmena.  DROP Moon Garden releases have all been excellent.

Anyone feel free to use this code for 10% off, if it makes sense for your order.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.