December 2023 Member Sponsored Geek Critique - Blind Review

Started by Brlesq, 10/17/2023 12:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brlesq

This Geek Critique has been generously sponsored by Adwinistrator (Ryan)

The Cigar: This will be a BLIND REVIEW

The Specs:confused:
But we'll tell you this much so you can decide if you want to volunteer to review this or not:
Strength: Medium-Full
Size: Robusto

Due Date: November 26, 2023

The Hype:drool:

Shipping: US and Canada

The Reviewers: Initially Veteran status or higher. Preference to those members not already doing the November critique, but all will be considered. If you are interested, please indicate so in the forum below and we will select the five (5) reviewers from the volunteers.

Chosen Reviewers:
1. appollo
2. headfirst
3. Bob Cordell
4. The Burn Ward
5. Deener27

Note: A reviewer who posts their review late will receive neutral feedback. A reviewer who does not post at all will receive negative feedback. There are always exceptions to the rule and a reasonable excuse for tardiness or a no show will be respected and thus not counted against the reviewer. Our sponsoring members and our administrators make the choice of who is to participate in any particular Geek Critique and can be better informed of their choices with this initiative in place.

Thanks again to Adwinistrator for providing the cigar. And thank you to the reviewers.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

appollo

I did one in Oct.but if you need someone put me in.

headfirst

When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

Brlesq

Bruce
Chief Enabler 

Bob Cordell

"I bet there's rich folks eating in fancy dining cars,
They're probably drinkin' coffee and smoking big cigars"

Alekso

Old age is not convenient.
- L. Zamenhof

Brlesq

Bob, you're in.  Alekso, since you are doing the November critique already, you're on stand-by if we don't have other volunteers.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 

The Burn Ward

Brlesq

Bruce
Chief Enabler 

Deener27

I'll throw my hat in the ring.  Be fun to do another Adwinistrator review.

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"You may run like Mays, but you hit like !@#$." ~Lou Brown in Major League

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

Brlesq

Quote from: Deener27 on 10/22/2023 02:25 PMI'll throw my hat in the ring.  Be fun to do another Adwinistrator review.

You're in. We are full.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 

Deener27

Quote from: Brlesq on 10/22/2023 02:31 PM
Quote from: Deener27 on 10/22/2023 02:25 PMI'll throw my hat in the ring.  Be fun to do another Adwinistrator review.

You're in. We are full.

Awesome.  Thanks Bruce and Ryan

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

Adwinistrator

Everything is shipping today, apologies for the delay.  Sent a PM to each of you with your tracking numbers.

Hope everyone enjoys!

headfirst

Cigars arrived, thanks Ryan!  Now for a little rest...
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

Brlesq

Glad to see that these are landing. I extended the deadline to the Sunday the 26th to give everyone a full final weekend to get it smoked. Since its a blind review, just enter the cigar as your guess at what it is, and I will fix them all before the critiques go live.  ;-)
Bruce
Chief Enabler 

Deener27

Package arrived here in great shape.  Can't wait to give it a try.

Bob Cordell

Ok, its been years since I reviewed a cigar for CG. Can someone link me to the page?

Brlesq

Quote from: Bob Cordell on 11/17/2023 08:58 AMOk, its been years since I reviewed a cigar for CG. Can someone link me to the page?

Hover over Reviews, click "Add Geek Critique".

Since its blind, just enter your guess at what it is and I will fix it before publication.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 

Brlesq

Friendly reminder:  Critiques are due in one week (by Nov 26).  Thank you! :smoker:
Bruce
Chief Enabler 

appollo

Sticks arrived today all in great shape,with some hitchhikkers,thank you Ryan

Brlesq

Friendly reminder:  Critiques are due in TWO DAYS (by Nov 26). No one has turned it in yet, so you are not alone if you've been saving it to smoke today.   :lmao:

Bruce
Chief Enabler 

appollo

headfirst

Tomorrow is my day.  Forecast says the wind dies down around 5pm.  The review will make it in on time PST, not sure about EST!
-Charles Spurgeon

Brlesq

Quote from: headfirst on 11/25/2023 07:02 PMTomorrow is my day.  Forecast says the wind dies down around 5pm.  The review will make it in on time PST, not sure about EST!

I'll take it
Bruce
Chief Enabler 

Bob Cordell

I made it by the hair of my chinney-chin-chin :shy:

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.