Age Verification when buying cigars online

Started by amigodecigars, 11/14/2023 04:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amigodecigars

https://halfwheel.com/fda-increases-penalties-for-tobacco-companies-by-7-7-percent/431614/

New requirements for me when I mail cigars from Costa Rica to the US is to provide the customers phone number, Email and govt. ID.  I'm thinking it's something similar to the EU's 'track & trace' policy but maybe it is the FDA enforcing "Age verification."  Maybe it's about packages mailed from Central America.  :whistle:  U.S. Cigar store POS...What information is required? For most customers, they only require name, date of birth, and address. If they cannot verify your age automatically, they will prompt you to submit an image of your government-issued photo ID - the same one you would present in a retail store to buy the same product.
If anyone has more information about my requirements (phone #, Email, ID) I would appreciate seeing it.
"There are plenty of good five-cent cigars in the country. The trouble is they cost a quarter. What this country needs is a good five-cent nickel."  Franklin Pierce Adams

headfirst

Most websites just have a "yes I'm over 21" checkbox.  They have name and address with the order.  Never have had to show ID.
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

ntanner

Just another way for them to gather information about us.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Mautrak

It may depend on which company delivers it. I know if I get beer deliveries from FedEx, they have to scan my actual driver's license with their hand-held device.  If UPS delivers from the same seller, they laugh and say, "I can tell you're over 21. Have a good day."

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.